BRUCIE
Years ago

Junior finals start 30/08/07

Finals start tonight at Morphettvale

Topic #12603 | Report this topic

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

... except for teams that still have one round to go ..

Reply #146720 | Report this post

BRUCIE  
Years ago

But still some do start tonight

Reply #146724 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

yes, some good games there 30/8.
And plenty more to come.

Reply #146946 | Report this post

under 16  
Years ago

yes good games at morphett vale pity about the refs, worst ever performance by the refs on the woodville vs north game. boys were lucky to all come out without injury

Reply #146957 | Report this post

BRUCIE  
Years ago

yep bring on Port Adelaide next week.Lets see if they can get around the baseline.Good game from North. Woodville take a good look at yourselves.North had the Ball for the last 30 secs after Woodville turned it over.Refs were good (for Morphettvale standards)I was hoping for double overtime though.

Reply #146965 | Report this post

under 16  
Years ago

brucie you gotta be kidding, you won't get far next week, then the following week you are gone, won't get away with that style of play at pasadena, you will need to move up a notch or two

Reply #146972 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Double overtime would have been good
North kinda 'out bodied' woodville. Some games refs let it go . ya gotta learn to go with it.

Reply #146974 | Report this post

Too dogs  
Years ago

Adam and Kristie did a good job I just wish that Bill would stop telling them what to call and leave them alone. H has no reason to talk to them at EVERY break in play.C'mon Bill trust your Refs.

Reply #147007 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Maybe if your getting beaten on the baseline ... move it around a bit quicker run a bit faster take more outside shots..
Then of course at practice, get a guard to lean on you on hold you while you dribble shoot..

Reply #147014 | Report this post

Too dogs  
Years ago

Camel 31 you missed the point brucie ws making.at Port adelaide the refs dont get around the Baseline not the players

Reply #147019 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw, O.K. got it .
( I was thinkin' 'bout players getting bodied out of baseline)
Wonder why Pt.Adel. refs don't go 'round baseline?
Isn't that easiest way to ref?

Reply #147061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C'mon Eastern Mavericks!

Reply #147152 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Sounds like some sour grapes from maybe a Woodville supporter/parent as Im sure they came to the game thinking they would get the best deal from the refs. Good by MV standards is an insult- the game was hard after all it was a final-but the 2 did a good job and unfortunately Woodville panicked a bit and got stuck on any decision that didnt go their way. At least they have another chance.If you seriously think the refs at Pt Adel are better than at MV well all credibility you have is out the window.

Reply #147273 | Report this post

under 16  
Years ago

I was a spectator from another team (that won), thought woodville were hard done by, refs certainly favoured north and all I'm saying that north won't get away with that style of play at port or pasadena, good luck woodvile you were definitely robbed go show them who is the better team next week.

Reply #147292 | Report this post

BRUCIE  
Years ago

Woodvill were not ROBBED. they played really badly in the last 45 seconds of the game North held the ball for most of this time and Woodville pannicked and turned it over TWICE that is why they lost.As for the refs being better at the Port Well they have a big advantage that being they Dont have Bill as UIC We will see this Thursday

Reply #147309 | Report this post

Flippy  
Years ago

Woodville beat Tigers by 20 points last time they met, and Tigers beat North by quite a big margin, so the umpires (at MV) would be going for North because, Tigers can beat North which puts Tigers straight into the Grand Final. so the umpires were going for North so the umpires team (Tigers) could win the Grand Final.

Reply #147378 | Report this post

Too dogs  
Years ago

huh you are dreaming the refs helped the tigers by letting north win, yep match fixing in Div 5. Funny I did not see the odds on the TAB and Sportsbet sites for A Tigers div 5 win Get Real

Reply #147397 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Flippy you are flipped out- the refs were NOT biased to anyone. I was going for Woodville and unfortunately they lost it in the last minute- although there was a MAYBE foul that could have been called but hey if the calls were the same all night you cant just decide a game against the flow.I think the Tigers team had a real wake up against Woodville a few weeks ago but they shouldnt be in div 5- div 4 more realisticly and anyway Woodville can stay in it with a win tonite and if they are good enough they will. Wish the parents and coaches would learn the rules so they dont look and sound so silly when they get upset over calls or the "NON" calls they want.Good luck to all teams left.

Reply #147417 | Report this post

Flippy  
Years ago

Well the Div 4 Woodville team must play against Rockets on their own turf, so the umpires at their game better not be biased against the Woodville side. All im saying that Rockets (div 5) wont get away with that style of play at Pasedena.

Reply #147430 | Report this post

me 3  
Years ago

Woodville will stay in it if their coach does not loose it again not that he did in the last final but he has during the season.I hear he has an assistant tonight so that if he is ejected someone can coach the boys

Reply #147457 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It will probably go to overtime again tonight. There will be a few nervy people out there.

Reply #147464 | Report this post

under 16  
Years ago

go woodville, they won last night, (only just) must have been suffering nerve problems so bring on southern tigers next week at pasadena. Shocking game to watch southern vs north, both teams must have had nerves. Good game should be next week

Reply #147583 | Report this post

Flippy  
Years ago

yeh, i reckon it was nerves, ecspecially in my game where a player on my scored for the other team =S. yeah what was it 2-3 in first quater. good luck to southern tigers next week though, cause i'll be versing em, so they'll need it =P.

Reply #147793 | Report this post

under 16  
Years ago

well way to go both woodville div 4 and div 5 make it through to the grand final. Good to see one of the lower clubs having at least 2 teams in grandfinals. Go woodville

Reply #148405 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:42 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754