DICKO
Years ago

OFFTOPIC - Brushes with fame

Follwing on from the embarassing moments that has developed from the Jordan coming to Melbourne thread, I thought I'd start a topic for a change.

Brushes with fame.

To begin.....I got called a piece of shit, to my face, by Cher.

I went to a Xmas party at Melbourne Park, where they used to have a cool marquee/BBQ setup for corporate use on the outisde courts. I got absolutely shitfaced.

I stumbled my way into Melbourne Park at what must have been around 10:30pm and got lost in the tunnels underneath the joint.

I ended up finding something to lean on and promptly fell into a stupor resembling sleep.

A short while later, I guess after her concert finished upstairs, I was awokened by a nudge from a bouncer and a distinct Female American demanding that they remove this piece of shit from her limo. I was alseep leaning 3/4 over the boot of her limo.

I also got hit in the nuts by Ronnie Corbett when he spun around in front of me carrying his golf clubs outside a ritzy hotel in Melbourne many years ago.

Topic #12618 | Report this topic

lockstock  
Years ago

hahahah classic Cher story. Sounds like a classy lady.

Me and my mate were walking away from a one-dayer at Adelaide Oval one day, and my mate being the loud mouthed Eagles supporter he is, saw Wayne Carey from a distance, and given our heavy drinking on the hill that afternoon, proceeded to verbally abuse him from 100 metres about Jakovich kicking Carey's arse everytime they played. As Carey came closer, my mate walked up to Carey to say, "only joking mate", whereby the King promptly grabbed him in a choker hold and told him to "get the f*ck away from me". My mate shit himself (Carey is a very big bloke, and he equally big mates with him) and proceeded to get the f*ck away from him.

100 metres later the abuse resumed

Reply #146932 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Me and few mates went to the pub one Sunday arvo and Brett Lee was there.

After a few a mate of mine who had an unhealthy obsession with Brett got up the courage to talk to him.

So he approaches him and they have a bit of a chat and then after a minute Brett looks at his watch and says "right mate ... times up".

My mate was so dumbfounded he just kinda walked off ... needless to say after that he hated Brett Lee.

Another story - many moons ago went and saw Ben Lee - after the show he sat and had beers with me and a mate - top bloke.

Reply #146933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Met Coach K, enough said !!!!

Reply #146936 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dicko - still laughing at your story, especially the "bonus" hit-in-the-nuts tale.

Reply #146937 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I met Isaac at a basketball game.

Reply #146970 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

was at the Sydney airport once. Got off the plane and went to collect baggage. As I was heading to baggage claim I walked past Steve Waugh. After staring at him whilst rubbernecking I returned my vision to what was in front of me. At that very moment, Tony McGuiness (former Crows Player) was also rubbernecking and proceeded to ask me, "Was that Steve Waugh?"

Strange to think that a former pro footballer was still the same as a normal dude when it came to international sports stars.

Also, at the Lion earlier this year (Australian One Dayer Vs England), I ran into Gilchrist, Symonds, Clarke and Johnson. Got a high five from Gilchrist, a complete cold shoulder from Symonds and a Conversation from Clarkey. Didnt see Johnson, he left very early with a couple of chics.......

Reply #146973 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Do i go with the line i once saw Al Green outside my....nah better not

Reply #146980 | Report this post

boost  
Years ago

met bill walton in vegas

Reply #147001 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I was flying back from Heathrow via Bangkok to Sydney and was sitting next to Mark Phil Philapo damn 'The Poo', and his girlfriend at the time the Princess chick.

As we took of everyone started getting changed into comfortable clothes. (as you do)

So, up jumps young Sturty, dashes for the dunny. The door was closed but there was no occupied light on, so I gently pushed the door and there was the Princess. So I bowed and said excuse me.

For all you pervs, yes she had all her clothes on and was just fixing her makeup/perfume.

Reply #147015 | Report this post

simmons 43  
Years ago

met willie simmons. gave me the secret behind the hook shot.

Reply #147018 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

Hustle, I'm supprised that McGuinness didn't ask you if you wanted his autograph, look up little man syndrome in the dictionary and you will see his picture. But my funny is being a crowd controller once for Luke Longley, the bloke made me feel like a midget and I don't think I'm that small. I think he would have taken care of anyone better than me.

Reply #147027 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Are sure you didn't try a reach around Sturty and assist in the fixing of the make-up????

does fighting with famous people could as brushes????

Reply #147034 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

what a tard..... I'll try again....

does fighting with famous people count as brushes???

Reply #147035 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Fighting/Brushing what's the difference........

I nearly got clotheslined by Molly Meldrum at a Sydney nightclub as he was barging through the crowd.

Reply #147063 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

either way they both provide some sort of contact.......

Reply #147077 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

hustle, probably on that same night my mates met up with those blokes at the Archer, but Stuey clarke was with them. Have some excellent footage of a pissed Gilchrist

Reply #147080 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

can't mention names, but I'll leave it at a touring international cricketer and I had words and maybe a bit more, plus a few rugby league players as well as a few rugby union players, oh, and I had a big run in with a well known female basketball player that now plays overseas.

I like my job and I don't need anymore grief, so I refuse to mention names and clubs.

Reply #147102 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Was that had a run in or run her in?

Reply #147106 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Libertine Im pretty sure they went to Archer also - we headed there later in the nite and they were there as well!

And later that nite Bradtke and MacKinnon were there, as well as Jodie Blewett from Ten. The Bullets played the Sixers the nite after! Bradtke is a massive man, Sammy is too for that matter. Both werent there for long tho....

Reply #147108 | Report this post

bozza  
Years ago

Didn't happen to me ... but almost...

My Dad used to own a shop in Victoria Square, and one night just before closing, a big black american came into the shop and just started talking away. Dad had a great conversation with this guy for about an hour, and they talked a little about basketball and about how I was playing district etc, he said maybe I should sign something, so he did. Dad then said he had to go home for tea with the family, and the guy pretty much asked if he could come along as he was bored, Dad said no as he didn't know who he was.

Needless to say when my Dad turned up home that night with a signature that said Magic Johnson - I have never forgiven him!

(And it is true - remember when Magic came to Adelaide to run coaching clinics 12 odd years ago)

And it gets worse -- several months later, he kicked out a guy from the shop for been "drunk and disorderly" - the guy came back the next day and apologised, and it turned out to be Ice Cube when he toured Adelaide about 12 years ago ..... I think my Dad was lucky to survive that one!

Reply #147114 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

both Sturty.... she mouthed off and decided she didn't like my hat... end result is that she lost...

Reply #147120 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think she just doesn't like men TR.

Reply #147123 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

apparently it depends on which day of the week it is...

bats for both sides.....

Reply #147124 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

she bats well hard to ! , barry still has not recovered fully .

Reply #147126 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Not that this one is that great....bumped into Travis (Big Brother 07 runner up) in Hindley St Saturday afternoon.

Reply #147136 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Hit the nail on the head, Yogee.

Reply #147137 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754