Isaac
Years ago

NH: Crows vs Collingwood

Tough game to tip. Crows up after one quarter, but Collingwood are controlling the ball right now. Reckon Adelaide can win it?

Is it just me or is Gill pretty useful for a newcomer? What's his background?

Edit: Now in the fourth. Some questionable commentary: "...on his knees, the beneficiary" followed immediately be "tugs it left". Hmmm.

Topic #12619 | Report this topic

Ms Anonymous  
Years ago

He's pretty useful except when it comes to kicking goals, think he would be better used on the half back line

Reply #146954 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Gill very usefull in his first year of AFL at 25 years of age!
Been playing in SANFL for North Adelaide for a quite a few years.

Reply #146956 | Report this post

BRUCIE  
Years ago

We are there. Now look out

Reply #146958 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

fitting that the roo will finish his career in finals footy

Reply #146959 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Gill was recruited by two other AFL teams (can't for the life of me think of them) and I think played 1 pre-season game before being delisted by both clubs.

As for how useful he is, he certainly isn't the best kick but he works hard, great mark, athletic and will go in for the hard ball.

Another great player is Porplyzia. He is going to have a fantastic career.

Crows will now face either Hawthorn or Collingwood depending on the outcomes of the other matches. Who do people think we would be better off playing?

Reply #146960 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Crows would be better playing Collingwood.
(Gill missed a few easy shots at goal in his first few Crows games
but getting better each game
Pretty good for only 6 AFL games
( starting AFL at 25 years of age
is interesting)

Reply #146963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crows could also play kangaroos if they lose to Western bulldogs and sydney beat hawthorn. I think i'd rather play the roos than collingwood or hawthorn

Reply #146964 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Gill , a victorian was drafted by Melbourne , delisted , then spent time on the Kangas rookie list . Released again due to his poor skill level . Came down to Nth . Adelaide where he tore up the SANFL , the only thing letting him down once again , finishing skills .
He has served the Crows very well and as his confidence grows so will his contribution . Impressive workrate , athleticism and strength . Think he will improve some next year and is a good replacement for Perrie .
Think you will find Chambers at the Crows next year and with a rotating forward line of Welsh , Burton , Gill , Porplyzia , Chambers , with Thompson , and maybe Edwards sifting through it looks ok .
We do need an Alwyn Davey type or two to bring some speed and unpredictibilty to the setup .

Also Chris Knight is the worst butcher of a football since simon tregenza .

Reply #146968 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

hmm... i was amazed that the umpires actually favoured the Crows more...

9-2 free kicks at one point...

Reply #146982 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

123 it was 9-2 in the first quarter and a bit but the game finished with Collingwood leading the free kick count 19-18 I believe.

Reply #146983 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

123abc you are joking right .
Yes it was 9-2 to adelaide at one stage , most were there , not all .From quarter time up until the crows selaed the game very late in the 4th Collingwood had 17 free kicks to the crows 5 . When the result was out of question we were handed 4 more free kicks .
20-18 to Collingwood was the final tally . I believe the umpires helped Collingwood massively to get back into the game and i am not even a crows supporter .

Reply #146986 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

^^ Thank you, I thought I was just being biased.

Reply #146988 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I am a crows supporter, but i saw a few things that got called for the crows that weren't for collingworrd

Reply #146997 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I saw about 4 bazillion holding the balls that collingwood didnt get called on them. Took the player on, spun out of a tackle then got done 360 degrees and didnt get called?!

Reply #146999 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

exactly DR B . he almost did a 720 .
There was another in the goalsquare where the irish fella laid an egg then rolled it forward for his teammate to dribble it thru .

There were so many dubious decisions that really went against Adelaide when it counted .

As stated earlier 16 - 5 free kick count when the game was in the balance .

Reply #147021 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

cows win...still they whinge?

sigh

Reply #147053 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

me sums it all up..

Reply #147066 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

i ain't no cow and i don't milk cats just stating the facts oh me oh mi

Reply #147096 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:10 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754