Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers games this week

How do people think we will fair?
From the sounds of it Cairns are struggling to find some sink but Brisbane have been solid in all outings.
Will be good to see our new lineup, is everyone playing for us though? anyone know?

Topic #12632 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

From what Ive heard, Chappell may not be playing but everyone else including Maher should be right.

Reply #147076 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What's up with Chappell at this early stage? Hope we haven't found another Wheeler.

Reply #147084 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Heard that Chappell is recovering from back spasms - which were from being on planes for an extended period of time. Nothing to worry about just giving him some time to make sure it's all good before he plays.

Reply #147110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, nothing to worry about when he has to fly for 8 hours to play singapore!

Reply #147121 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

he'll get sore feet if he has to walk

Reply #147143 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

what sort of crowd is likely - seems big interest around the traps - new team new dome new excitement - i think be very big turn out this weekend - starting to get good vibes about the season build up

Reply #147144 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

All players were at junior games and practices .. really great for the kids (and parents and coaches etc) Generates a lot of interest , excitment, those juniors that had a bit of practice with them want to go and watch them now.....

Reply #147153 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

A good crowd to pre-season games would be 1500-2000. I would expect more like 1000-1500 at the weekend.

Reply #147169 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Sorry to double post - my last post sounds a little negative.

I went last year and there were maybe 1300 odd people there. It was really good not only because we won but because there was a great air of expectation around and you could just rock up at the start of the game and grab a seat 3-4 rows from the court. I thought it was well worth it for $5 and one of the best games I saw all season (not much competition really).

Reply #147170 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

After last season, I can't help being concerned if small niggly injuries before the season even starts seems so much more exaggerated. If cramped conditions on planes are a problem, then Admin need to ensure that he gets emergency exit seats. In fact the 6 tallest players should always try to get them.

Reply #147175 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not always enough to go around and hard to guarantee. Flying isn't usually much fun for players (or anyone really).

Reply #147176 | Report this post

Joey  
Years ago

There are regulations that if you are over a certain height (200cms?) you can get an emergency row guaranteed.

Reply #147178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Completely false Joey.

Reply #147179 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Joey what happens if there are more than 6 people over that height........

Reply #147186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

do the sixers just fly with the public on virgin blur oe what?

Reply #147251 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They fly with the public, yes.

Reply #147252 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

The Bullets, Eddie's other team, fly on his personal jet.

Reply #147270 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

With the Sixers game ony two nights away, do we know who is or isn't playing for Sixers?

Reply #147313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when and where are all the games?????

Reply #147335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon, try looking at the 36ers website before asking obvious questions.

Reply #147466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

r u serious kev or r u just joking.

Reply #147467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

do the sixers fly 1st class or economy?

Reply #147469 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say economy.

Reply #147477 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:32 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754