Anonymous
Years ago

Div 1 Tonight!!

doe anyonknow who is playing who tonight???
all i know is Southern are playing Centrals and Sturt v Eastern...

Topic #1264 | Report this topic

Panther  
Years ago

South at Hillcrest against the Rockets.

Reply #14369 | Report this post

Years ago

Look in http://www.sportingpulse.com.au

Reply #14379 | Report this post

slit your guts  
Years ago

Forestville v woodville, 6:30 at the dome

Reply #14406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt played the Mavs and Sturt were up when i left

Reply #14464 | Report this post

Men:

Norwood V WEst. Norwood down by 30 odd.

Centrals V SOuthern. Southern Down by 20 odd.

Reply #14497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

An Undermanned Sturt Side beat the almost full Eastern Maverick (without Holmes) by around 30 points I heard (only saw first half). Sturt were missing Forman, Gower, Finkemeyer and Vaughan

One big incident before I left occurred. No. 20 from sturt set a screen at the half way line and nailed an eastern player. Dont know any of their names but was shit funny.

Reply #14498 | Report this post

Smeagle  
Years ago

I can see it now Jumpin... Centrals defeated another undermanned side. Unlucky J Bags you guy's stank!

Reply #14504 | Report this post

Smeagle, that is a bit harsh!

From what I could see in the stands SOuthern were a formidible adversery. They were missing a few guards + a coach as I think the Lions were missing a few. Again its just a case of the best team winning on the night but who knows, next time the tables could well be turned.

No B.O was evident.

Reply #14506 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

I don't think Sturt were that undermanned with Paul Bauer and Jason Williams both suiting up for them against Eastern. I would have said Eastern was undermanned by the looks of them but I could be wrong

Reply #14576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jumpin, southern with only 6 players, 1 of them his first game back in months to an almost full squad minus wilkey. That sounds a bit undermanned dont you think. Not taking anything away from centrals but its the facts

Reply #14581 | Report this post

Anon, I was trying to stick up for Southern. BUT OK then if you say so, they stunk.

Reply #14597 | Report this post

old_balls  
Years ago

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/1213/#14060

Then you decide which team was undermanned.

The only fact - Centrals 67, Tigers 45.

Reply #14604 | Report this post

Court Marshall  
Years ago

Centrals have a few more tricks up their sleeves. Great to see they are winning without a full squad. It's all happening up North, with Starplex getting an extension, Centrals will be the closest to resembling a professional club with all the perks they will get.

Reply #14618 | Report this post

newstuff  
Years ago

centrals missing more than one player, still got three to come into that line up and possibly all starters. good for the league.

Reply #14619 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Hey centrals fans any word on whether Reggie has signed with you guys or is he still a free agent??

What new players do the Lions have that are actually signed, sealed and delivered??

Reply #14621 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

I heard that Reggie might be heading to a Southern club&

Reply #14622 | Report this post

say what...  
Years ago

what sort of extension at starplex ?

Reply #14626 | Report this post

Centrals must be making good progress to defeat the Tigers so easily. Well done to Ricky and the rest of the team. Makes you wonder which 6 players the Tigers showed up with... Was this win legit? Can any players/spectators comment? Are centrals fans getting excited too early? Its only November after all.

Reply #14632 | Report this post

Smeagle  
Years ago

Tigers had the hodge brothers, hobo, bowlie, braithwaite and a quick guard. It was most of their usual starters. And were missing like 3 players from their team from last year. Clarke, Gerlack and another role player, cant think of his name.

Reply #14651 | Report this post

Smeagle  
Years ago

Oh, that will be playing for them this year.

Reply #14652 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

To be fair, Gerlach and Clarke were two of their best players last season after Pochintesta got injured.

Reply #14654 | Report this post

help  
Years ago

Paralysis by analysis.

Reply #14659 | Report this post

Court Marshall  
Years ago

They are extending the gym and pool. The team already has a court permanently booked out so they can go there anytime and shoot when the stadium is open.
It will extend its lead over the other stadiums in terms of facilities. It won't be long before Centrals is a long term basketball powerhouse.

Reply #14662 | Report this post

TigerLove  
Years ago

Some facts

Pochintesta (missing)
Gerlach (missing)
Ingles (gone)
Lalic (US)
Clarke (injured)
Purgacz (injured)
Wood (injured)
Boal (injured)
B.Hodge (1st game back)
T.Hodge (3rd game back)
Leaving 1 guard and 5 forward / centres.

Admittedly Centrals played very well but not many teams in the league run to well with only 1 guard

Theres my 2 cents

Reply #14717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lets move on people, leave it for ABA

Reply #14718 | Report this post

TigerHate  
Years ago

C'mon take out Purgacz and Boal, they won't be doing anything but towel waving in ABL when Clarke, Gerlach, Pokey, and Wood come back, so really Southern was missing 4 players, just like Centrals were.

Reply #14722 | Report this post

safaricup  
Years ago

Only time will tell, only time will tell.

Reply #14724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It won't be long before Centrals is a long term basketball powerhouse."

There is still the issue of getting quality players to want to make the trip out to the sticks for training and 50% of there games.

Reply #14725 | Report this post

nito  
Years ago

Anonymous, have you every heard of the Dandenong Rangers ?

Reply #14726 | Report this post

newstuff  
Years ago

the players they will have this season have obviously made the commitment to get out there.

Watson: didnt play
Wilkey: didnt Play
Hammond: didnt play
Reggie: didnt play
Brock: didnt play

Reply #14729 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Are all of those player 100% signed newstuff??

Reply #14730 | Report this post

Court Marshall  
Years ago

Anonymous, they won't need to get players to drive out there ya snapper-head. People actually live past Gawler ya know, and 2 families I can think of straight away are the Zorichs and Kies.
Both of these families started at Centrals and live well past Gawler. Their kids go straight past Starplex to go to training now, and in the future, families won't need to. Centrals won't need to convince players to play, because they will attract players from the North. Southern Tigers are in the same position, they have the whole of the Southern district to attract players to. A kid who wants to play district could stop by Starplex with his parents, see the facilities, meet the coach, and think, "why would I want to go anywhere else?" It's closer to home than the next club which is a good 45 minutes drive.

So to answer your query, city players can stay at the city clubs, I'm sure Centrals won't mind, they will have a demographic area 10 times the size of metro Adelaide to choose from.

Reply #14731 | Report this post

hmmm??  
Years ago

You getting scared Lommax??

Reply #14733 | Report this post

!!!!  
Years ago

signed sealed and delivered I think Not!

Reply #14736 | Report this post

on safari  
Years ago

Anyone know the result of the eagles vs warriors match up. carn the eags!

Reply #14756 | Report this post

Chump  
Years ago

Going by the sportingpulse results woodville won and by about 20 points I think. Woodville are playing like Seattle, run and gun.

Reply #14757 | Report this post

Brian McGee  
Years ago

Court Marshall,

Senior success doesn't translate into being a powerhouse club. People up north still know that if they want their child to develop then they will keep driving to clubs like North Adelaide. Until centrals get some quality junior coaches then all the facilities in the world won't get kids walking through the door.

Correct me if i am wrong but didn't both the Zorich's and Kies families start at Centrals?

Reply #14763 | Report this post

Streets disciple  
Years ago

Yeh Ill confirm that Woodville won by 20 ish on cameron wilsons bday!

Reply #14772 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

Just passing out a new years wish to the UniSA Uni Games crew. Leon, Mike, Slow&Easy, Wilkey, Hobo, Kingy, Dougie, Vanders, Troy, Walkley, Deano and the B-Train. Have a good one boys

Reply #17441 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:26 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754