schyeller will hav u20 men from wat i hear

Reply #147347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only if Hill doesnt want it

Reply #147348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have heard that Hill is doubtful (for both state and ABA), and Wallis is not going around again.

Both have given great service to our sport and I hope they do go again.

Reply #147352 | Report this post

Glidden's Club  
Years ago

I here Ben Gliddon is being put forward to replace Wallis! What a surprise! Seemed this family is looked after everywhere.

Reply #147360 | Report this post

come on  
Years ago

the 16s and the 18s failed so what do they do HAVE THE SAME COACHES....Thats progressive???

Reply #147365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about SA Country??
few failures there....thoughts??

Reply #147370 | Report this post

Moose 59  
Years ago

Interesting they don't list state coach selection process or selection criteria on the advertisement. Does anyone know what these are?

Reply #147373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Country's selection criteria for all coaches is on their web-site. Dont know about Metro, couldnt seem to find much on the BSA web-site.

What is the selection criteria?

Reply #147375 | Report this post

arnotsbiscuits  
Years ago

(#147345

sounds like the right ones to me.
who has a chance to win though?

Reply #147381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JS for 20's

Reply #147386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wong for U20 women?

That would make 5 coaches in the last 5 years - Chris Lucas, Carlee Patterson, Peter Berry, Simon Pritchard, and now Wong. A lack of stability there?

Reply #147395 | Report this post

done  
Years ago

Pritchard will stay with the 20 girls, Wong would be a good option though

Reply #147396 | Report this post

Astor 93  
Years ago

If you'd bothered to check the basketball SA website you'd have noticed the call for application on the 28th of August. News story.

Also note:

Note that we are advertising for assistant coaches for the first time, and would like to emphasise that applications are open to all coaches. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from coaches who have not been involved in state teams before, who believe they have something to contribute to the program.

Reply #147400 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Boys club - navid failures yet again especially the 16 boys coach of this year. Hope ya kid doesnt make the team if he is involved.

Reply #147408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I cannot beleive the continual berating and scepticism in regards to the State Coaches in SA.

Go spend the time and effort to prepare and try and win a Nationals, not for one year and make up some crappy excuse and leave, develop teams through training and hang around at the expense of everything else for say 4 months for 3-4 yrs and see what you come up with.

If Mesecke, Butler, Flynn, Wallace etc.. decide to sit back and watch, and you don't have NG pushing the kids to work hard, who is going to take up the slack ? You ????

Far too easy to judge, commit yourself to 3yrs of it and see your take on the whole thing !

Reply #147418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Justin should go he will pick his fav boys not the team that should go Hill is the better choice bring him back

Reply #147419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boys club - navid failures yet again especially the 16 boys coach of this year. Hope ya kid doesnt make the team if he is involved.

You should be thankful then - obviously yours didn't!!

Reply #147421 | Report this post

done  
Years ago

To think any coach trying to win would have favourites and not pick the best team is just stupidity.
Having said this if Hill wants the job again he should get another crack has done well the past 2 years without the "Star" player each year. But if not Schueller would have to be next in line.

Reply #147422 | Report this post

mmmmmmm  
Years ago

Can i ask what "Navid" means? I'm sure its coming from a rather spuriours source, but regardless, this Navid word has me somewhat perplexed.

Reply #147423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spuriours?

Reply #147431 | Report this post

Quartz  
Years ago

anon and come on,

Everytime this comes up, nobody is able to name 1 person that could be considered better than the current crop of coaches.

So put up or shut up. Hiding behind your alias and not even having an alternative is just plain gutless.

Reply #147436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quartz - that is because they ARE gutless!

Reply #147440 | Report this post

Ron Burgandy  
Years ago

I have thrown my name out there for an assistant role as you need to have your head on a swivel when you get caught in a vicious cok fight.

Reply #147444 | Report this post

Moose 59  
Years ago

Astor 93,

Thanks for your feel good story of the year. Wow, BSA is encouraging coaches to apply for Assistant roles. Maybe they could make a reality TV show about it and use the proceeds to revamp the toilets at Hillcrest stadium.

Astor 93 (seeing you're such an expert) can you tell the readers what the selction criteria and selection process is for the HEAD coaching positions?

Reply #147446 | Report this post

Astor 93  
Years ago

Moose 59 - There was nothing feel good about it. I simply directed people to some information they obviously were unaware of.

If you knew anything about the state process, this is a change (and what most people on here have been calling for!), as in prior years, only the Head Coach position would sought, and then they appointed the Asst. Coaches.

Now i'm not sure if you're being facetious or not, but the criteria last year wasthis.

(you'll note at the bottom of the page, for more information, contact Arnie. I'm sure he'll gladly explain to process to someone genuinly interested.)

Me being able to find information on the internet doesn't make me an expert, it just makes you appear lazy!

Reply #147450 | Report this post

Moose 59  
Years ago

Astor 93 - I want to thank you for being such a great Ambassador for the game.

I had no idea that the people on this forum have been calling for such a change to include applications for assistant coaches. This is no doubt one of the biggest and much needed changes that has happened to basketball in this State. I'm sure the head coaches selected will be more than happy to select their assistant coaches from this process than have the assistant coaches who they are comfortable with from previous tournaments.

Thank you also for directing me to last year's link. I didn't find any criteria listed eg. coach must have a winning record at a high level or must be coaching in the age group etc. It simply lists what needs to be provided in the application. Is there a interview the process where the short listed candidates can present in front of a panel? It also doesn't state who selects the coaches.

These were my initial questions.

Calling me lazy because I didn't refer to last year's link has no merit. I don't know much about the state process that's why I'm asking these questions.

Reply #147475 | Report this post

Astor 93  
Years ago

Your sarcasm typifies the attitude that's inherent with those that are holding back basketball development in this state.

You're lazy because the last line on both last and this years call for applications reads:

For further information contact

Paul Arnott

Competitions Manager

[email protected]

(08) 8444 6407

Applications should be emailed to the Competitions Manager, Paul Arnott ([email protected]) by Monday 17th September, 2007. All applications will be treated as confidential.

For further information, please contact Paul Arnott via email or on 8444 6407.

Sitting back, taking pot shots at another anonymous poster takes real initative and courage. You should be congratulated.

Reply #147500 | Report this post

Moose 59  
Years ago

Astor 93 - I want to apologise for holding back basketball development in this state. I don't condone my actions and will make sure that I don't ask anymore questions.

Thanks for posting the details of the contact person. I did see it when reading the link however I thought I would ask the readers first before ringing as I was just curious.

I'm not taking pot shots at anyone but you have taken my questions to heart so maybe you need to relax a bit and get off your soapbox.

Kind Regards

Moose 59

Reply #147522 | Report this post

Astor 93  
Years ago

Again with the sarcasm. If you are not capable of expressing an opinion without resorting to low brow attempted humour then maybe you should keep them to your self.

Reply #147592 | Report this post

dfgsfgf  
Years ago

You are both pathetic.

You have both been using low brow comedy.

"I just flew in from Melbourne and boy are my arms tired"

Reply #147596 | Report this post

Moose 59  
Years ago

Thanks for the advice Astor 93. I'll keep my low brow humour and opinions to myself from now on. It's very hard to compete against such a expert but I gave it my best shot. You can step off your soapbox now.

Yours in Basketball

Moose 59

Reply #147601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be good to see new faces across the age groups with nothing to lose by giving new blood a shot as the 'too small' etc excuses are wearing a bit thin.

Reply #147719 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

New faces across across country and metro teams would be the way to go. These guys in both areas are full of themselves and dont pick kids on merit!!!!

get some new blood in in both coaches and players so the kids can play well and actually enjoy their basketball, and maybe win for a change.

Reply #147827 | Report this post

arnotsbiscuits  
Years ago

Oh yes I agree.

Who would you change first?

Reply #147834 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

all of them!!!

Reply #147837 | Report this post

arnotsbiscuits  
Years ago

Thats a bit harsh.

Not one you like ?

Reply #147838 | Report this post

bye bye  
Years ago

(Mod: Unnecessary.)

Reply #147853 | Report this post

anon and bye bye,

Can you give us an example of a cocah who would do a better job.

Sniping becasue your kid wasn't good enough is quite pathetic.

Each time some weak minded person like yourself claims that the current coaches aren't good enough, they get asked who could do a better job.

So put up or shut up.

Better still, stop being a coward and put your name to the posts.

Reply #147865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think changes would be positive and improve the outlook. It doesn't matter what has happened before or why but it is time for changes across the board especially in the girls.

Reply #147880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think changes would be positive and improve the outlook. It doesn't matter what has happened before or why but it is time for changes across the board especially in the girls.

Reply #147885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #147886 | Report this post

Sue Ellen Mishke  
Years ago

Both the boys teams were coached by "new" coaches for that age group this year - are you saying that they should change again?

Reply #147887 | Report this post

Blue Max  
Years ago

Having a child that has made one state team & missed out on another (and thinking said child was the bee's knees)at some point you have to realise that other people are making the selection and they quite possibly see something in your child that is lacking (in their opinion)

If you beat yourself up over it you become a bitter and twisted individual.

Reply #147889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New and not recycled.

Reply #147893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely across the 16 and 18 age groups BSA could find coaches for the State teams who have both fresh eyes and approach. What would also meet with approval would be some female coaches in the girls teams, its worked for the interstaters, and get rid of the men's club. It might be true to say that good coaches don't always win but as sure as the sun rising tomorrow our present crop of coaches will continue to lose games.

Reply #148074 | Report this post

*yawn*  
Years ago

Have skipped this for a week, only to find it's just people STILL bagging the current coaches, and STILL yet to name better candidates?

Perhaps you don't actually KNOW any other candidates, as you're nothing other than a bitter parent who's child was seen as not good enough so to "take revenge" you anonymously slag them off on this forum? How pathetic.

I'll try back in another week to see if anyone has actual names.

Reply #148129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't every female team have a female coach on the staff this year?
16s Campbell, 18s Holland, 20s Dhu? Not completely sure.

Perhaps BSA can't find "fresh" coaches because of the huge time demands required to do the job, plus the added bonus of knowing you will be constantly attacked by anonymous "know it alls" here?

Who would want to do it?

Reply #148131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many female head coaches in Metro or for that matter country?

Reply #148138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many female head coaches in Metro or for that matter country?

Reply #148139 | Report this post

Leopard 29  
Years ago

Name the div 1 female coaches?
Dhu
Parker
Nagy
Woodville u/12 g
grivell
Mcphail

Any more?

Reply #148141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Country had 1 female head coach this year & have had several over the past few years.

I think you will find that the Country State coaches have been rotated quite regulary over this period.

Reply #148153 | Report this post

Dog 37  
Years ago

Any news on appointments?

Reply #149401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

up on Basketball SA Website now

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/fs_newsitem.asp?id=74844&orgID=9&Oname=Basketball+SA&O1c=6&O10c=12

Reply #150020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754