Robert
Years ago

Bullets favorite with bookies

The Bullets have opened as $3.25 favorites with the bookies. I think Cairns at $5 are a good thing and if Sydney (I know you all hate Gorj) if they get two good imports would be worth a dollar or two.

Topic #12668 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Centrebet and IAS are yet to post odds, but these are from TAB Sportsbet:

ADELAIDE 11.00
BRISBANE 3.25
CAIRNS 5.50
GOLD COAST 41.00
MELBOURNE 4.25
NEW ZEALAND 21.00
PERTH 11.00
SINGAPORE 101.00
SOUTH DRAGONS 11.00
SYDNEY 8.00
TOWNSVILLE 26.00
WEST SYDNEY 67.00
WOLLONGONG 67.00

Last season I got the Tigers at $5, Taipans at $17 and Dragons at $34.

This year, I reckon Melbourne at $4.25 (fewer injury concerns than Cairns?) and Perth at $11 (if Redhage naturalises, they get another import, and then Loughton is decent - bingo). Maybe New Zealand at $21 as a dark horse.

Wishing I hadn't emptied my Centrebet account on Buddy Franklin to win the Coleman! At least he won the "Most Behinds Kicked" - zzz.

Reply #147524 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Melbourne at 4.25 are the best be in there with the sixers as an outsider.

Cairns with injuries over Darnell and Cat wont be all that everyone is expecting IMO.

Reply #147525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers got to be favorite.

Kings just need 2 solid imports.

Taipans injuries??

Wildcats, will be in the mix.

Bullets will be there but not in championship race.

Dragons will be soild.

Crocs will be in finals as well.

NZ could go close and challenge but think they will fall over.

After that there is not much. The bottom four 36ers, Blaze, Hawks and Slingers are not deep enough and/or talented enough.

Reply #147562 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kings may announce Gerald Brown as an import soon.

Reply #147569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, NZ are such awesome value at 20/1.

Reply #147578 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I would say, Sixers at equal fifth favourite are not worth it. If out at $15-$20 I would be having a bit of a bet...

Reply #147580 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Centrebet have Perth at $17 apparently. That's the value bet IMO, along with NZ.

Dragons would be a waste at $11 - are 2-4 this pre-season and have had pretty much their full squad for the recent games.

However, I can only see a few teams really having a significant chance of winning it all - Cairns, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney.

Reply #147582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"In my 23 years of representing players, I've never seen a player coming out of college with the poise and confidence of a Gerald Brown," Steve Kauffman, Brown's representative, said. "The only player that comes to mind that I could even compare him to would be Doc Rivers."

A Phoenix native, Brown graduated from Carl Hayden High and led the team to the 1993 5A State title, scoring 29 points in the championship game. That season he gained State 5A and Arizona Republic Player of the Year honors and averaged 22.5 points and 7.6 rebounds while leading the team to a 29-1 record. He was rated one of the top prep prospects in Arizona by Basketball Times and was an All-Phoenix selection by Street & Smith's.

During a four-year collegiate career at Pepperdine, Brown paced the Waves in scoring in each of his final three seasons, and also earned a spot on three All-West Coast Conference teams. Over his last three seasons, he averaged 17.1 points per game, shot .468 from the field and .800 from the foul line, and grabbed 5.3 rebounds per game.

Reply #147589 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Yeh i dont mind the sixers at good odds. They will cause alot of worries this season!

Reply #147600 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Last nights team plus Chappell Mottram Maher $11 may shorten.

Reply #147694 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Camel - sure, we can rightfully be optimistic, but did you happen to catch Adelaide vs Perth in last year's pre-season game? 36ers looked just as good and then things didn't turn out all that well.

I reckon Brisbane will be a good test, and then I will be sold after a couple of good regular season games.

That said, I think they will do well, just wary this time around!

Reply #147704 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

big team this year good team really. Will make finals then anything can happen.

Reply #147705 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:40 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754