123abc  
Years ago

WOW. Cairns at full strength?

How did the sixers score individually?

Reply #147621 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

no mee so not at full strength,

sixers played like a team and with no maher chappell or motts it was a solid performance dodman looked imposing at times and erik had a good game to sutts was off the boil though

Reply #147622 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

jawai will be ROY from what i saw tonight and just a side subject is grabau copelands long lost son?

Reply #147623 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

How much did the different Sixers players score approximately?

How did Dench and Copeland play?

Good news about the Sixers though!

Reply #147624 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

jawai defintly has the shot at being roy. hes one BIG boy for 18

Reply #147625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hes 18 r u sure? hes massive he could a linebaker in nfl....

Reply #147626 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

im only going on the age from what a few different ppl at the game said i could be wrong

Reply #147628 | Report this post

shauno  
Years ago

jawai is an absolute freak, although cant finish around the ring.

Reply #147629 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

yep wrong hes 20 on the cairns website

Reply #147630 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Anyone know why Tucker didnt play the second half?

Reply #147631 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

the physio was doing a heap of work on his patella

Reply #147632 | Report this post

shirley schmidt  
Years ago

jawai was born in 86, how does that make him 18 ?? Are we still in 2004 ?

Reply #147633 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

read a few posts up schmidt

Reply #147634 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

copes played well, darren ng made some big shots & Dodman, coops worked hard. I think ax was a bit lost out there. For cairns cat was good 1st half, tucker had his moments. Jawai is a big unit, didn't someone mention hes a baby shaq?

Reply #147635 | Report this post

opt  
Years ago

Ng played a sick game.
Dodman missed some easy shots. Jawai is a monstar but badluck hes inside game lacks. I was expecting a bit more from dench but i guess not everyone can have a good game. Wish i could get out there on Sunday would be a great game to watch.

Reply #147638 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Anyone got numbers?

Was the new game cube up? If so, how was it?

Reply #147639 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

no game cube not sure on numbers maybe 1000

Reply #147640 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

1,000 is a good crowd for a pre-season game. That's as good as many of the Slingers regular season games...

Any Sixer hit 18+ points?

Reply #147641 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

ng ballinger copes i think there was another as well davidson i think

ng had 27 i remember that

Reply #147644 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Wow! Awesome stuff!
Thanks Thommo

Reply #147645 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

thomo*

Reply #147646 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

allgood should have written scores down

Reply #147647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ballinger had 20 pts

Reply #147649 | Report this post

Jkidd#5  
Years ago

please tell me that they arnt the jerseys that the sixers are going to be wearing for the rest of the season, they were horrible

Reply #147651 | Report this post

opt  
Years ago

yeh i agree, the logo is low insted of chest hight it just doesnt look right. The court looks great, hopefully it stays clean of adverts.

Reply #147652 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

training tops

Reply #147653 | Report this post

flight44  
Years ago

Hi, I have puts some pics of tonights game up on imageinphoto.com
Cheers, Dave

Reply #147654 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

How did the girls go?

Reply #147655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

girls won by 27 i think

Reply #147657 | Report this post

Pulteney 79  
Years ago

And did Black really throw up with 56 seconds left on the clock ?!?

Reply #147659 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

black threw up several times during the match

Reply #147660 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers 103 (Ng 27, Ballinger 23, Davidson 18, Copeland 17) d Cairns Taipans 93 (Abney 20, Black 16, Cattalini 15, Jawai 13).

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,22381895-5006371,00.html

Reply #147665 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I thought the same thing about the jerseys until I saw that none of them had names on the back. Then it clicked that they were just training uniforms. I loved the orange that Cairns were wearing. Looked very flashy, however if they are the travelling uniform, isn't there some regulation as far as how colourful they should be? Who is to say that a team would not use that colour as their home colour?

As for last night's game and how Cairns played, I think Cat is going to struggle the whole season playing a good first half and not so good second half due to his injury becoming more unbearable as the game proceeds. If a decision has been made that he will play through injury rather than take time off for surgery, I think its a counter productive decision. Cairns should still do well without him or with a restricted Cat because they still have a star studded line up. While the Sixers looked good last night, I don't think we got a real taste of what Cairns are capable of.

Reply #147667 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Fantastic game. Ng was on fire, lets hope he plays like that every week. Copes was shooting very well from long range. Davidson put his heart and soul into that game, he's a little warrior. Why did Stephen Black keep pulling his pant down though?? Anyway brilliant effort overcoming what should be one of the NBLs best teams without Maher, Chappell and Mottram. I'm not sure what was going on with cairns' uniform. The orange one was their home jersey last year and they wore white away. Maybe they'll switch things back to normal when the regular season starts.

Reply #147670 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Cairns uniform - looks sweet. As for clashing, Tigers and Slingers Red probably the only concern, but last season Cairns had 3 strips (Dark Blue Home, Whit Away and Orange alternative that they wore in maybe 3 or 4 games plus the playoffs).

As for the Sixers uniform, I wouldn't be surprised if that is the actually uniform, just yet to have names and sponsors splashed onto it.

Reply #147672 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

the uniform is shite... the whole venue to me feels & looks way more professional dare i say nba like...

Reply #147673 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The new cube wont be up until december, it is still being shipped here.
As for the new uniforms, they wont be revealed until the first game. We were hoping to get a sneak preview for the 1st episode of the yet to be renamed seal'd but the club wouldnt budge. :-)

Reply #147674 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

The Taipans will not be playing in the dark blue again - our colours are now officially orange (home) and white (away). In a series like this (and the Queensland Cup) they will alternate, so I would expect you would see them play Brisbane in white.

And Nathan is a nice, quiet little guy, very friendly...

GordonG

Reply #147697 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jawai was quickly adopted as a favourite player by Ben Fitz and I, but I'm not sure that he'll be ROY for sure. A lot of competition this year:

Cameron, Janev at Singapore
Martin, Knight, Petrie at West Sydney
Campbell at Gold Coast
Loughton at Perth

Have I forgotten anyone? Knight and Loughton could provide solid competition for Jawai if they maintain pre-season form.

Reply #147701 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Bradshaw?

Reply #147707 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

davidson is a godsend to this side i rekon who will go under the radar and will be our recruit of the year

Reply #147714 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I don't like it how the 36ers change their uniform on an annual basis, although I'm glad they did this season because it symbolises the new look team and attitude. Let's keep the 07/08 jersey for a few years though, develop a consistent image over a few years without changing it at seasons end. Constantly uniforms are also annoying for fans who buy them only to become out of date after a year but I suppose part of the idea is to encourage fans to buy new ones more frequently that would normally be necessary.

Reply #147717 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

All NBL clubs should have an alternative uniform and the NBL should (because they so far love to follow the NBA as much as they can) make it 'light' at home and 'dark' away. That way the games wouldn't be blue v white for almost every game that is played here at home. Perhaps the alternative uniforms, could be retro style, for the clubs that have a history.

Reply #147772 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

D16 the NBL's policy is Dark at home and light away. As always there is the grey area as to what is classed as light and what is classed as dark.

Reply #147869 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I like having the uniform policy how it is - dark at home and light away. That way home fans see their teams in their colorful uniforms and teams wear their plain white uniforms when playing away. I just reckon it makes more sense that way. Anyone know what I mean?

Reply #147968 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:51 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754