anon
Years ago

Looking Good

Only very early days sixers are looking the real deal with davo at point and maher Maher running the floor - we have real smarts - liked adam balla - he really loks like he can hold the big forward position which going to grtraet for copz and the axe man to haave support - ng bulked up and doddman - i predicting goiin to be the next big thing he was awaesome on friday - sixers have it right this season - depth fire power bigs and best 1 2 combo in land

Topic #12689 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

doddman the next big thing? Only if you get krispy kreme in Adelaide.

Reply #147774 | Report this post

wolly  
Years ago

i agree with everythin except your comment on Dodman being the next big thing

Reply #147778 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Dodman is already a big thing but that ain't always a good thing now is it ricky may

Reply #147780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop with the "fat" jokes boys ... have played junior ball with dodman since 14s and i have never seen a harder working player, he has worked his arse off to get where he is today, could easily have chosen to leave basketball and play footy but no ... he stuck with it. He has all the tools to be a very good player for the sixers and with the sixers inability to sign and keep young SA talent in south Australia i think we should be giving dodman all the support he needs. Good luck big guy

Reply #147781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still do not respect dudman as a player. He has size but not the skills to go all the way. Football would have been a far better thing for him to play. Sixers should be OK this season and it looks like their D is going to pickuup.

Reply #147790 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Edit button NEEDED.

Reply #147791 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

appears maher has hurt groin again Davo didnt play last quarter corky i think but noticed chappell using a rolled up towel when sitting on bench for his lower back support - dont think signs are good there
but maher pulling up short - not what sixers need
EB made a statement when brought on to cover davo - think he really wants a spot and might be moving ahead of Sutton /Ng if he keeps up that intensity - copeland looked all out of sorts but he step up when it matters

Reply #147797 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I'd never seen Dodman play before the pre-season game against Melbourne, and he clearly didnt have the pace of the NBL game in that game. Didnt really get a chance to see his skill set as he was really struggling to get up and down the floor at the pace of the game.

Missed one jumper and got one put back in that game in about 7-8 minutes of action.

Reply #147799 | Report this post

Shane  
Years ago

"He has all the tools to be a very good player" .. and I have all the tools to be a carpenter - but without the compulsion I never will be.

Reply #147801 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

i think Jason Dix got it right on the radio Tuesday night when he said they look good, but they have a depth weakness at the 2 and 3 positions. If Maher and/or Chappell get injured, there are no obvious names that could carry useful minutes in those spots.

Dodman actually surprised me today against Brisbane. He was in the pace of the game, and was a contributor.

Reply #147806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dodman is not NBL material and at best he might be a solid contributor in the ABA. Agreed he would have a better chance in the AFL.

It is obvious all his friends and himself are posting on here talking him up!!!!!!!!

Reply #147809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched him play versus Woodville at the dome this year. He was flat out terrible.

Reply #147810 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i am not his friend dont even know the guy - but saw him last year throughout ABA and he has come on heaps - he is only yoiung but is well worth his position - loks ike he has trimmed down and is far more mobile than earlier
why is it that we got to knock a young bloke who is prepared to have a good
I tell you another star on the rise Nathan Jawai from cairns - he is going to take the league apart

Reply #147812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to say that doddman was awesome on friday show how little you know about basketball anon, and how much u love doddman. While he did play reasonably well tonight he was terrible on friday and you clearly have no idea

Reply #147813 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

hey i dont love dodman - learn to spell his name correctly but the kid is on the rise even if i think he was called john by announcer on friday - are the stats available from the games because i reckon dodman grabbed heaps of boards on friday

Reply #147817 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What skills are everyone talking about? He is only 20 years old and skills are acquired through learning. He has the size, that comes from the genes he was born with, but you are not born with skills. If his heart is in basketball, he will learn the required skills and with the size he is already blessed with, he will become a great player.

Reply #147830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#147817 I think there is a reason for this spellng.

Reply #147846 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

dodman doddman the same einstein

Reply #147862 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I have had the privilege to watch Bradtke, Wheeler and Rogers play all from the age that Dodman is now.

JD shows all the same signs that these guys did at the same age.

Potential plus mixed with a kid who is still getting use to their body size and strength as well as the speed of the game at the higher level.

JD will be just fine, i predict big things for the goat.

Reply #147864 | Report this post

Hes obviously not too bright... otherwise he would of chosen footy, been more successful at it, gotten more money, and picked up chicks easier

But good on him for trying!

Reply #147872 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

It is not enough just to be big to play football - you also have to be agile and mobile over the field.

There are truly not too many people of Dodman's frame playing football Lance Whitnall, Fraser Gherig etc. All the talls playing football these days are skinny and athletic.

Reply #147875 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

C'mon ELG by that logic Jordan should have stuck with Baseball.

Reply #147876 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

From what I saw on the weekend he's a prisoner of gravity.

There is no comparison between Dodman and Bradkte at any age. Rogers maybe, but he grew a foot in twelve months and is 7 feet tall.

Reply #147895 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Did you see the up and under move he pulled on Bradshaw Bake?
I am interested to know what you thought of Bradtke as a young player.

Reply #147899 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Bradtke certainly didn't set the world on fire in his first couple of seasons on the bench for the Sixers. His potential was only obvious in the year before he left.

The up and under was extremely impressive Kent. Very quick move and well set up. I was more concerned with how he allowed the ball to be stripped from him at the top of the key a couple of times.

That said, if he continues to develop (both smarts and skills), and shows that much intensity going for rebounds (seriously, not too many people are going to get in his way), he could develop into a solid NBL contributor producing 10 and 5 regularly.

Reply #147901 | Report this post

Wayville 43  
Years ago

Dodman is still Under 20 remember, and the bigs take longer to develop than the guards.

3 times he contained guys off the dribble and forced a tough shot, and did better than our guards. His up and under was the best move by a big all day. He was relentless on the glass and best of all he played hard.

He played virtually no minutes last year. He will play between a DNP and 15 minutes this year. When he is 22 or 23 we will have a legitimate Aussie big.

He may not play for the Boomer's but he will be a good NBL player for years to come. Him, Davidson and Ballinger were the big stories of the week-end.

Reply #147904 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Dodman was handy to have around against Brisbane, he did a lot of little things and grabbed some extreemly valuable offensive rebounds not to mention his up and under. May not set the NBL on fire but he could be a solid player down the track.

Reply #147906 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Those that have seen Dodman play more than 1 game.

Would/could Dodman bring any more/less to the game than Cooper right now (this season)?

Reply #147914 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Quite different players. Cooper's strength is his experience in knowing how to defend each player - he's been around for a while to learn all that. I reckon you could name any big in the league and he could give tips on what they tend to do. Reesy was a bit like that too.

Dodman isn't going to challenge the bigs for serious minutes but he deserves a bit of a shot. Forget football vs basketball because right now he's playing basketball. Given his age, you need to forgive a few nerves or mistakes and just see how he goes. I reckon he did enough here and there over the weekend to show that he has potential.

Reply #147917 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Kent, yes I did see Bradkte as a young player, ( I've missed 5 36rs home games since the start of 1986)and to my recollection Dodman does not have either the height nor the skill of Bradtke in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong. I am also a Phil Smyth tragic, believing he can do little wrong, so maybe Jordan has something I can't see.

Reply #147923 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

the comparison we do not want to see is a young tall that develops nicely here and then moves on to dominate the league for endless years for another team .
Bradtke and to some extent Rogers and Wheeler have all done this .
He is young and we need to show some faith and support .
Big fellas do not start blossoming until 24 in 80-90% of basketball related cases so sit back relax and cheer the young fella on .

Reply #147926 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Keep imports away from his girlfriend. Don't have a European/NBL out clause in his contract. Don't let him be represented by a former coach then.

Reply #147937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what has happened before regarding imports and other players girlfriends?

Reply #147964 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Supposedly there was a reason that Bradtke left the 36ers.

Reply #147969 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

it doesn't matter, that was a false rumour.

Reply #147970 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

nice anon33

Reply #147974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey everyone,,,,

I think everyone should stop paying out the big fella, jordan. In my opinion, he is a great height for his age, he has the skill and speed for NBL. I have watched jordan play since i was yound and i believe he has the heart and strength to go all the way. The only way i know this is because im his sister. Phil Symth did teach Bradtke some things, but now he is also teaching my brother those same things. Jordan will develop and improve as he gets older and he will use this to continue his basketball career!!

Reply #147976 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

So Bake you will remember the majority complaining about the unco kid with the bad haircut getting way too many minutes, the why the hell would we want this guy , bring back Bill Jones stuff that Bradtke went through?

Looks like Jordy is going to go through the same sort of thing from some.

In my opinion Jordy is far better at this age than what Bradtke was. Where he ends up from here is up to him.

Reply #147986 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

No I don't remember Bradkte as an unco kid, or the bad haircut, but I am getting old. I do remember that he had hard hands, that led to meny turnovers but he could get off the ground and his shots close to the basket were seldom if ever rejected by smaller players.

I have never "bagged" any 36er players or coaches in all the years I have followed the club and I am not going to start now. I made, what I considered to be an accurate observation from what I observed, that Jordan Dodman was a "prisoner of gravity" in that his feet did not leave the ground while going to the basket. I will continue to give him my full support at games and will be the first to say I was wrong when he is part of our next Premiership winning team.

By the way, I thought the way he rolled the ball out from under the basket after taking an offensive rebound against the Bullets was one of the smartest things I had seen for a while and displayed real basketball brains.

Reply #147991 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:00 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754