Anonymous
Years ago

I've seen the future

nbl.com.au, and boy is it ugly.

I really hope the NBL dont pay sportal for the mediocre product they receive.

Topic #12731 | Report this topic

123abc  
Years ago

umm...what?

Reply #148257 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think they're referencing the pending launch of the new NBL network - basically a revamp of NBL.com.au plus all club sites coming under the same templated approach. Sportal (current provider to the NBL) is handling it all.

Reply #148259 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

So you are not designing this years Sixers site?

CRAP.

Reply #148265 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, unfortunately not. All club sites will use the same layout with differences being some colour variation more or less.

You can see what you think when it launches I guess.

Reply #148266 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

We cant do like some clubs do in the AFL? For instance Essendon has the AFL run Essendon site at bombersfc.com.au but also have their own run (and far more popular) essendonfc.com.au

Reply #148267 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Probably best if I don't comment further at this stage.

Reply #148268 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Fair enough Isaac.

Can I ask when your site will go though?

Reply #148269 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bit up in the air for now. We'll wait and see.

Reply #148272 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Sportal.com.au has a new look which is interesting...

I hope this doesn't limit the amount of local sixers news content (that isn't on NBL.com.au)

Isaac wrote up a number of good articles for the sixers.

Reply #148273 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Simple solution.

They can have adelaide36ers.com.au

and we will stick with adelaide36ers.com

Reply #148274 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

perfect :)

Reply #148276 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

The new Sportal have a decent layout at the moment, much like ch9's wide world of sports layout. I much prefer this to the current NBL one, but one of the best NBL web sites i have seen is the Perth Wildcats, no offence Issac, the sixers one is great but Perth's has that sharpness to it. Anyway any web site would have to be better than the current NBL one currently used surely.

Reply #148284 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agree that the new Wildcats site is nice. Unfortunately for them, it's about to get replaced.

I don't rate Sportal's current site, but quite like LiveNews.com.au - check it out if you haven't seen it already. Might lack some weighting/focus and has a very soft header, but clean and attractive to my eye. Actually, I also really like TheAge.com.au these days too.

Reply #148291 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Livenews.com.au is really quite nice, it's easy on the eyes, but you're correct in saying it lacks a bit of focus, still pretty nice IMO.

What is the idea behind forcing all the clubs to run under the sportal site? Are they trying to go for an NBA.com type approach? It seems like a waste really, when all of the clubs have their own sites.

In regards to the Wildcats new site - I don't really like it, there is just too much going on IMO.

Reply #148305 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

I agree with you Bizzy. Im not a fan of the Wildcats site either.

Reply #148310 | Report this post

Sergay  
Years ago

I have seen a place where it rains in colours; where fingernails are food; where 1 second can take a life time; where grown men reach into the sky and pull themselves into the clouds!

What is this place?

SEPTOBIA!

Reply #148422 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

http://www.razorbacks.com.au/

WSR are the first team to put up the new Sportal site.

Reply #148541 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

http://36ers.stage.sportal.net.au/default.aspx?s=news

just replace 36ers with "hawks" etc. to see the new sites.

Reply #148542 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

wow they are bad!

Reply #148560 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

come to think of it, i think these links are confidential. Isaac, could you please delete or edit out my post?

Apologies for posting something a little too early.

Thanks,
123abc

Reply #148561 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Sixers ones isn't so bad, nz and west sydeny's are quite bad. Will the NBL site under go a change to?

Reply #148562 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:39 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754