Anonymous
Years ago

36ers clash with Junior Finals

What will happen with the 36ers game next week that is on a friday. Will clash with many junior finals as well as division one grand finals? Are the finals going to be moved?

Topic #12744 | Report this topic

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Think it's just a case of bad timing, dont think they're likely to reschedule the games.

Reply #148409 | Report this post

Love the !  
Years ago

Good start to the new management, NOT! I think it would be fair to say that junior Bball is pulling in more $$ than the sixers.

The 6ers should move or they suffer, simple!

Hey 6ers, you may want to check out the junior draws befoe committing to games; juniors are your future market.

Reply #148410 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Um, the Sixers are pulling in more money then the junior basketball. BASA (now BSA) gave up their only profitable asset, the 36ers and two valuable ones (Dome, Lightning)

So you have it completely wrong "Love the!"

Reply #148412 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

123 - I swear that all three of those assets were losing money. What makes you think otherwise?

Reply #148425 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

There is no way that junior finals will be moved. It is just a case of poor scheduling.

I imagine next year all that will be taken into account.

Reply #148437 | Report this post

whathe  
Years ago

123abc,

You have got to be kdding.

BSA is so flush with money right now they don't know what to do with it.

The Lightning lost $100K+ every year, and last year cost Link more than $200K.

The 36ers lose more than $2M each year for the past couple of seasons.

And the Dome lost money becasue every time you have to turn on all of those lights you don't make the money back that it costs.

Each junior game BSA run makes more than $100 profit. (that is after paying the door keeper and referee's). There are 180+ games played each week. That's $18K per week, Or more than $500K per year. For only 6 - 11 on Friday and 8.30 - 12.30 on Saturday.

If you are making $250K per night of the week. You are looking at $1.5M profit from stadiums. Thats a lot of money mate.

Reply #148445 | Report this post

camel 81  
Years ago

However whathe BSA then has to use a good amount of that money on keeping the stadiums up to date, paying council fees, paying lighting and water costs, repaying the unley city council (unless that was wipe too). If BSA was making that much money then why to we still have so many sub standard stadiums being used?

Reply #148449 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I know one of the reasons BSA won't change the game times is it is unfair to the clubs. A friday night game allows clubs to make a lot of money from the bards, whereas a saturday or sunday game really puts the clubs at a disadvantage.

Reply #148450 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

Love the !........i think you will find that the NBL draw is done by the NBL and not the 36ers. Therefore i am sure that the NBL dont take into account all of the competitions within each of the states when setting their schedule.

Reply #148453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know the two melbourne teams have it rough when there games are played of a friday night against the local comps.

Reply #148462 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

I think you will find Div 1 Grand finals to be played on 23/9/2007 (Sunday)

Reply #148464 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

Further to that, according to sporting Pulse, all junior Div 2 and below games usually played on a Friday night will be played on 21 Sept (Fri)

Reply #148466 | Report this post

Wayville 74  
Years ago

Yeah against the first sixers game of the season...

Reply #148472 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

whatthe i am guessing you think the league runs itself?

Admin staff etc all need to be paid. I love your enthusiasm dont get me wrong , i have done the same numbers calcuation myself to try and work out where the money was going when it was all going KFC.

Reply #148474 | Report this post

anon-e-mouse  
Years ago

FANS FANS FANS IN ALL STADIUMS IS WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR THE UPCOMING SUMMER SEASON - IF BSA SPEND THE EXTRA INCOME/MONEY ON ANYTHING - SPEND IT ON THAT - YOU WILL FIND THAT BSA MAY NOT COP SO MUCH CRITICISM THIS SUMMER IF AT LEAST AN EFFORT MADE TO COOL THE STADIUMS SOMEWHAT!!!!!!may not have to reschedule games as much and won't lose as much money because of it.....How hard is it to work out that you have got to spend money to make money.....

Reply #148486 | Report this post

Love the !  
Years ago

(#148412)Sorry mate, I will back BSA (or what ever they call them selves at this moment)to be pulling in more dollars a week than the sixers!

And if they are not, so what!

It is bad planning, plain and simple.

(#148453) Point taken; it is exactly what is wrong with the NBL these past few years.They cannot see further into the future than the next meal ticket in the form of another new club fee!

Reply #148487 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Some of the finals due to be played on Sunday the 23rd are now playing on the Friday night due to BA running the junior camp being on the same weekend. I think you'll find.

Reply #148570 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

#148486. *CLAP .... CLAP .... CLAP ... *. Great point, cos having a couple of fans next to the court makes SOOOO much difference during 40+ degree days .. and has so much to do with the above thread ... awesome.

Reply #148577 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:21 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754