123abc
Years ago

Sixers V Wildcats Tonight

Adelaide again will not be at full strength as Chappell (back injury) and Axel Dench (wife giving birth) won't play. Maher will be suiting up for the Sixers and Neil Mottram will be playing his first game for the Sixers according to The Advertiser. Brad Davidson will play despite being in Victoria for the last week for family reasons.

Some good news, and some bad news but hopefully Adelaide can have another strong show and surprise the Wildcats.

The match is being played in Port Lincon at 7:30 PM.

Any tips?

Topic #12747 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

So with the policy of requiring a full week of training before playing, can we assume that Chappell won't be right for our first game next Friday unless he starts traing tomorrow??

Reply #148467 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think they'd consider a training week starting on Monday. If he could start Monday or Tuesday and handle the week OK, I reckon they might consider him for the Hawks game?

Personally, I think they might end up playing it safe and waiting for game two.

Reply #148469 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just saw on the NBL site that Perth will be without Paul Rogers (minor injury, expected to be back for the start of the season) and guard Brad Robbins.

Reply #148491 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'm tipping sixers in a close one.
Can we get any scores tonite ?

Reply #148532 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

final score was 36ers - 80, Perth - 96

Bummer.

Reply #148550 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw, after a little bit of excitment at the dome on the weekend..

Reply #148555 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

Sixers killed at the point and inside!!! Didnt look good but i know they have players still to come back... Not too excited about this year with the performance tonight!!!

Reply #148565 | Report this post

Hoops 49  
Years ago

Perhaps they just need 4 to 6 weeks to gel.
That seemed to work well last season.

Reply #148568 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Who did well for both sides??
How did Mottram play for the 36ers??

Reply #148569 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

They already looked gelled last weekend, what made them ungel (is there such a word) tonight?

Reply #148575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alex Loughton look like he will be up there for the rookie of the year, his stats in the pre season are pretty impressive.

Reply #148589 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, Loughton hasn't dropped under 20 points in a game this pre-season I don't think?

Perth were missing Rogers and Robbins. Adelaide were missing Chappell and Dench.

From Boti's report, it sounds like Maher played well (24 points) and Ballinger and Davidson were the other scorers in double figures.

Reply #148606 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:14 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754