Snake sheds black & gold skin.

The word around the place is that Brad Gerlach has informed the Southern Tigers that he will not be a part of the squad moving forward. This is a significant loss for the club and a significant gain for the beneficiary - the Forestville Eagles.

Topic #12750 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

great thread. would read again. A++++++++

Reply #148477 | Report this post

Blue Eagle  
Years ago

Oh, that is so sad to hear.

Reply #148480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blue and Gold will look so much nicer on his body, give him better colour tones.

Reply #148481 | Report this post

lickitysplit  
Years ago

Southern are goin 2 be in a heap of trouble!! haha

Reply #148500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they already were

Reply #148502 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Matthew Clarke considering a move to Forestville also.

Reply #148506 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

please don't bring Clarke snake

Reply #148515 | Report this post

off ya go then  
Years ago

Seeya snake I hope that you are happy. Do you think Phil will look more favorably at you if you aint at southern I have two words for you Joe Ingles.

Reply #148551 | Report this post

lickitysplit  
Years ago

Does that mean Southern will be looking for some better guards since two starters have left, or will they stick with some of their younger 'talent'?

Reply #148584 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

Its sad as hell to see Snake goin, but sure it opens up the door for some of the younger ones in the squad to prove they're just as competitive and hard-working as Snake. sure may not put up the sizzling numbers Snake does, but perhaps sees a chance for Braithwaite. Boal, Brown to consolidate a spot and show what they can do with the faith shown in them. Give them a chance first and then judge. Probably the biggest loss the club has had for a long time, but i know there are guys waiting in line and ready to go!!

Reply #148587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IMO, and no other players are recruited in the guard positions, Southern will finish bottom...

It's funny how some believe the younger guys can CONSISTENTLY perform at ABL level when that very same group all played together in the reserves comp and didn't take the thing out... I mean the guards for South RESERVES are not near the level of competition they will be up against each week in ABL.

I sincerely hope they prove me wrong...

Reply #148598 | Report this post

bigboybubba  
Years ago

Well in 2006 without Gerlach and before his last years injuries, Braithwaite averaged almost 20ppg and led the team in scoring, think thats ok for consistency

Reply #148600 | Report this post

How could Matt clarke possibly get a sniff of action at forestville... he would have to be their 5th option in the guard spots.

Guess he could run around in the reserves again....

Reply #148607 | Report this post

Joe Wolf  
Years ago

The Eagles look solid...they picked up Pero as well!

Gonna be hard to get a shot up in that team tho!

Reply #148616 | Report this post

bugga  
Years ago

clarke is heading in a northerly direction past the eagle$, give some much needed court balance

Reply #148688 | Report this post

predictions 08  
Years ago

lets hope that Pero passes up his 3's to slippery snake when he spots up.....eagle rock in '08

Reply #148724 | Report this post

Axel Foley  
Years ago

Pero is not the answer, but will help them get past Norwood, but still cant see anyone stopping the Rockets from repeating.

Reply #148730 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

If Forestville have Pero, Oakley and Gerlach plus Sutton, Arnold, Sullivan etc not to mention Wayne Haydon the great white hope I could definietly see them getting past the Rockets

Reply #148735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Dougie going around again? If so, that is a pretty fine team. Starters Sutton, Sullivan, Arnold, Oakley, and Pero, with bench Harvey, Gerlach, Breeding, Dougie and Hoban with Haydon and a rookie (Grigg) to round out the 12.

Against North, Zorich, Burdon, Mapunda, Rhycart and Hambour, with bench Kies, Burdon, Rowe, Puddifoot?, Quigley, Kersten?

2 Pretty good teams. The only team that will get close to these two will be the team out of Sturt and Norwood who Mathews decides to play for.

Reply #148740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Puddifoot at north????? since when????

Reply #148747 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Would Sullivan start ahead of Snake?

Reply #148748 | Report this post

Honest To God  
Years ago

Here the rockets may have done some recruiting also??

Reply #148765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gerlach would have to start - only question is whether it is instead of Arnold or Sullivan.

Reply #148767 | Report this post

Axel Foley  
Years ago

Forestville

Start
1. Sutton
2. Gerlach
3. Arnold
4. Oakley
5. Vaseljevich

Bench
Sullivan
McDonald-Taylor
Harvey
Hayden

North

Start
1. Zorich
2. E. Burdon
3. Mapunda
4. Hambour
5. Rychart

Bench
Kies
Rowe
Puddifoot
Quigley
L.Burdon

Im thinking North win most positions both starting and bench.
Either way both teams look good enough to maybe make a dent in the Nationals?

Reply #148768 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

"If Forestville have Pero, Oakley and Gerlach plus Sutton, Arnold, Sullivan etc not to mention Wayne Haydon the great white hope I could definietly see them getting past the Rockets"

Spoken like a true Eagle, Lockstock :P.

I've also heard the Puds to North rumour as well. If both teams line up with the squads suggested in this thread, they'll be pretty tough to stop.

Reply #148772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doubt Gerlach would start. As good as he is he just doesn't have the range that Sullivan does.Can't take Sullivan out of their starting line up as he is one of the leagues best perimeter threats, and Arnold was arguably their best player last year. Think Gerlach would be great to come in off the bench taking pretty much most of the minutes that Cambell and Fildes are leaving behind!

Axel you have left Hoban off of your list. Think he is in for a massive year for the eagles, starting or off the bench.

Reply #148814 | Report this post

Joe Wolf  
Years ago

Hell why does Norwood and Sturt always get written off? Same sort of discussion happened last year ... "no one to get near North or the Eagles"

Early days I feel, and bringing back the same strong team for the Flames will only help!

Reply #148824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumor is that Copper wont be playing and think they get written of cos of their coach.

Reply #148827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Puds at North!? They must have a special on mirrors and cameras and papperazzi there.

Reply #148846 | Report this post

predictions 08  
Years ago

that is not a bad eagle$$$$$$$ line up - has the celery cap been dropped???????????

Reply #148856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Rumor is that Copper wont be playing and think they get written of cos of their coach."

Is that the coach of the year you are referring to? Would have learned from last year and will improve on that. Cooper will be there alongside matthews and everyone else that played last year.

Reply #148864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe Wolf,

No one was writing Norwood off last year. Most people picked them to play North in the final. those that didn't had them third.

As for Sturt - when you lose Forman, Shep, Gower, Smylie, Breheny and D. Ng for half the season you would expect them to drop out of consideration a bit. I think they did well to finish fifth - They showed how important it was to get early wins in an 18 round season. From memory i think they lost 6 of their last 9 minor round games but still made the finals.

Reply #148866 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

salary cap ? a few clubs have signed "amateur agreements", indicating they don't pay their players at all - so juniors can still qualify for NCAA colleges.

Reply #148953 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

They'll just get them all to work behind the bar or bbq for $500 an hour!!!

Reply #149080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goodonya Panther. You really have no idea how things work at Forestville do ya. Every player is underpaid!. None work behind the bar, or cook bbq's for money! I would suggest very much that Gerlach would be taking a pay cut to come across, and am absolutely sure that he will not be receiving any under the table payments. Forestville pride themselves on playing by the rules, and still manage consistantly to be in the best teams in the league year in year out.

If only your club could be run the same way, maybe North, Nowrwood, Sturt and us could have some decent competition. You have beaten us twice in 10 years....give it up, merge with Southern, just do something to be somewhere close to a finals team

Reply #149091 | Report this post

southerner  
Years ago

I don't think that merger would equate to success!

Reply #149092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You hit a nerve there Panther

Reply #149095 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I think someone has a guilty conscience!!!

My comment was in regards to Melvin's comment of... "salary cap ? a few clubs have signed "amateur agreements", indicating they don't pay their players at all - so juniors can still qualify for NCAA colleges."
Not once did I mention the beloved Eagles, yet suprise suprise your the first club to scream..."No not us!!!"
Ha ha ha ha ha....

Reply #149100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who did you mean then panther when you were talking about clubs paying players for working behing the bar? etc. You have made uneducated statements about the Eagles in the past for for doing it, and now are you saying that you were not talking about them this time? Come on mate, pretty obvious.... don't say something and then run away and say you didn't mean it that way! Thought you were a bit more of a man than that...

Reply #149137 | Report this post

bugga  
Years ago

snake is now an eagle - all cleared and confirmed!!!!

Reply #149304 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

"Thought you were a bit more of a man than that..."

Ouch, that hurts coming from you...whoever you are!

Reply #149958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

matt clarke to centrals?...

Reply #150109 | Report this post

Informer  
Years ago

With Puddifoot....

Reply #150115 | Report this post

Panther Cub  
Years ago

Agree with Senior Panther..... Forestville run plenty of BBQ's, raffles, etc......

Reply #150116 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754