Anonymous
Years ago

What's the Tonic?

A significant number of girls from SASI suffered from a mystery illness that prevented them from doing the fitness test Thursday evening but fortunately they all had recovered in time for the Friday's finals' games so can we bottle their recovery tonic for future use prior to , perhaps, their next fitness test so they don't have to miss out on the joys the other girls had.

Topic #12759 | Report this topic

Sour Grapes!  
Years ago

You obviously have a problem mate why dont you pull your head in - If SASI coaches have an issue I am sure they will let the girls know at the next training for which you have made sure that the kids will get a dressing down with your post - by the way did your kid pass the fitness test?

Reply #148626 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

I thought the rule was if they don't train SASI they can't play on the Friday night. It use to be that, has it changed?

Reply #148634 | Report this post

Sour Grapes!  
Years ago

Perhaps the kids in question had a reprieve from their Coaches seeing they were playing finals the next night. To the orginal poster perhaps the question is Was your kid playing in the finals? If not perhaps the ones that did had approval not to train.

Not too sure that the SASI Gurus would appreciate your questioning them though! and it really isn't any of your business then is it.

Reply #148635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Sour grapes" your name seems right on the money.

Reply #148636 | Report this post

How it is.  
Years ago

How would your daughter have been disadvantaged by others not turning up to a fittness test?

Just so you are fully in the picture, there is a severe gastro bug doing the rounds at the moment and I know some of these girls did not turn up because they where infected. What they did on Friday really is none of your buisness is it?

Would you have rather them come out and have passed the bug onto your daughter? I guess we then would have been reading your bleeding heart post on here whinging that these kids should not have came out at all.

I think the real issue at the moment is that some small minded parents cant keep their noses to themselves and are constantly thinking that their little princesses are missing out on something.

Rest assured that dispite your griping and sniping on here and, Im sure behind the scenes, that if your daughter has any real talent, she will make it, in spite of you!

The one problem SASI has always had is it has to accomodate small minded parents like yourself.

Time for a reality check pal!

Reply #148641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IMO, the only way a kid could have been disadvantaged would have been if they did the sasi thing and also played Friday finals while the more talented rested for the finals. Just a guess.
From the agro replies though this post seems to have hit a nerve. The good thing I guess is they can blame the bug if they lost and the rest if they won

Reply #148646 | Report this post

Sour Grapes!  
Years ago

Just for the record - I dont have any involvement with anyone in this post - just thought it was a real lame and childish way for a supposed adult to get his/her point out there to the basketball community!

Reply #148655 | Report this post

victorian  
Years ago

Absolute yawn - get a life in sleepy hollow. What is a big fish in a small bowl ?

Reply #148661 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

Maybe another way to look at this issue is that your darling little princess got an opportunity to work her arse off more than the rest of the girls. I always thought the harder you work the greater chance of success. Maybe you should be more proud of your little girl than wasting energy on what others are doing.

Reply #148666 | Report this post

How it is.  
Years ago

(#148646)& (#12759) You may want to check your facts regarding "fortunately they all had recovered in time for the Friday's finals' games"

Great post mate! Not ALL the girls played Friday. It goes to show that you are concentrating way to hard on a small number of girls at SASI and your unhealthy obsession with this age group is clouding your judgement.

Seems that if you didnt know that not ALL that missed the test Thursday, played on Friday, then chances are there is a whole lot more you dont know.

Im guessing you are still re-living your lack of sporting glory days through your 13-14 year old daughter. Rest assured if your daughter has any real talent, she will make it, in spite of you! You should prehaps take up gardening or most probably excercising instead.

And another quality post from the Victorian I see. So you think this thread is a "yawn" and you actually take time out to post just so everyone knows that you think it is a yawn? Thanks for your insightful input; I dont know how this forum would cope without your prolonged absence.

You wise men from the east NEVER fail to dissapoint! You also need to take up a hobby; Im guessing any self improvement class would be a step in the right direction.

Reply #148698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now, now, children this is not the way to play. Lets all sit down and have a tonic to help us recover from the stress of a busy and not to successful season. We can put away our troubles and come out to play next season. Which is just around the corner. Give Neil Gliddon and the rest of the staff at SASI some gudous. They are not stupid, they now what is happening and time will tell and the bell will ring for those who negate the system.

Reply #148838 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

Did Sturt U16s have girls sick Friday? Didnt see the final but expected them to win so thinking must have had some out??

Reply #148879 | Report this post

How it is.  
Years ago

(#148838)What was it exactly that you didnt understand? Some of the girls who did not do the test also did not play the next night.

Cant you at least get it through your skull.

From your stupid trouble making posts above you are trying to have everyone think that all the girls who were sick that night were out to cheat the system by playing fresh the next night, which is simply not true.

I take it you are one of the parents that watches every SASI training like a hawk, too scared to leave, just in case you can spot a weaknes in someone elses kid?

You need a tonic yourself; however I think what you need cant be brought over the counter. Your daughters season may well be over so use the off season to re evaluate what you are really trying to achieve in life, not your poor daughters.

Reply #148963 | Report this post

Pasadena 96  
Years ago

hurray. end of topic

Reply #148965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll have a gin with that thanks........

Reply #149034 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:28 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754