Kent Brockman
Years ago

Anyone else have problems with nbl.com last night?

Tried to get scores of the Tville game as well as the Tigers game but the official site would not load for me. Before i officially complain to them i am wondering if this was just me or did others have the same problem?

Topic #12799 | Report this topic

POorForm  
Years ago

Yea I did big time. seems ok now though.

Reply #149187 | Report this post

pfft  
Years ago

It only works when no games are on and less than 3 people are trying to access the website. pfft.

Reply #149189 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

How long does it take for the data to flow through to dream team? Does it happen at completion of the whole round?

Reply #149191 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Spinner - Yes, usaully the morning after the last game of the round.

Reply #149199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I cannot believe how bad the nbl site is at the moment. Its things like this that really show how unprofessional the NBL is and why it struggles to compete against other codes.

Where are the box scores? Only 3 new stories after the season openers, which are just tiny match reports? No crowd figures.

Weak.

Reply #149213 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

There's a tiny link at the top of the match reports for the box scores.

Still horrible though - very, very disappointing opening for the NBL site.

Reply #149219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh of course BLACK text WITHOUT an underline is a link to the box score.

Reply #149228 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And a little designator preceding it saying "ARTICLE". Basic usability issues.

I tried a test on my sidekick here at the office - he's a web developer too, technically able, quick on the net and follows basketball to some extent (plays it more than follows it). Anyway, took him to one of those match report pages and asked him to find the link to the box score. He did exactly what I did - look down the bottom, look in a sidebar, check the menus, etc. Even moused over the "ARTICLE" icon next to the boxscore link and then kept looking for it elsewhere. After long enough, I pointed it out. If neither of us could find it quickly and easily, nor Hoop Addict (as noted on OzHoops), nor others, there's something wrong. If the Sportal guys are thinking "but it's right there at the top, they must be idiots" that's a poor attitude to have.

Reply #149241 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Agreed Isaac. It's just poor layout. And I did exactly the same thing your off-sider did. It's just not a particularly logical or stand-out place to put it.

A lot of folks probably want to check out the box score, but have no interest in the match report (me included... especially for a game I just watched on Fox). There are a ton of people playing Sportal Dream Team and some others in independently organised fantasy leagues, all they want to see is how their guys went.

Why they don't have a clear link to the box on the front page is beyond me. Why their live scoring wasn't working/active last night is also beyond me.

Just terribly poorly organised and a big disappointment for NBL fans out there.

Reply #149243 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:30 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754