Anonymous
Years ago

Brad Davidson on Coast Tonight

For those interested Brad Davidson will be interviewed on Coast FM tonight around 6-45

Topic #12808 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Anyone who played in Singapore would want to
leave" - Brad Davidson.

Reply #149323 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yeah, made me laugh.
Also said "Chappell only missed one shot in the whole training session, handy pick-up"

Reply #149324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why is playing for singapore so bad (apart from the shit crowds) ???

Reply #149333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe he didn't like the program over there and it was a struggle for the first year. Wonder if that will improve for this season?

And I guess some players would just miss Australia.

Guess that's why the Slingers have had to fill their team with rookies this year - eager to get a spot in the NBL cause no established player wants to go there.

Reply #149466 | Report this post

Remember that when the Slingers started they were likely required by the NBL ,as part of acquiring the licence, to take over the players Hunter already had made a commitment to. If so then not the best way to have to start building a completely new club and team in a record time.

Certainly some players missed Australia a lot and some could not wait to get back but that can happen to anyone who is working overseas.

There is no doubt that it is more of a challenge to be part of a new club and particular in a place without a long tradition of professional club basketball. Frankly some players seemed at times to be " out of their comfort zone" .

Reply #149474 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:48 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754