Anonymous
Years ago

36ers Playing Uniform

What did everybody think of the teams new playing uniform ?
I like the new Logo but I feel the actual uniform colours are very boring. I would of expected more for a team looking forward to a new start........

Topic #12859 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

as mentioned in another post the logo on the top is way to low, it should be higher on their chest not low near their naval. Overall i'm not really fond of the uniform, the dark blue kinda makes it a bit bland overall.

Reply #149752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah what are they thinking? Why would they run with that? My cat could design a better uniform!
Its like there is a big spot on their chest just waiting for a sponsor, but they just havent filled it yet. One spot on the uniform the sponsors got to was the 6ers backsides... Jarvis ford please! Im all for the sponsorship $$$$$$$ in the NBL but its a sad day when a product/sponsor gets front row on the jersey instead of the team name. Just look at Melbournes uniform, Asian writing across chest. Sponsors stick to the timeout promotions and even the court logos, Just leave the uniform alone

Reply #149758 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Agreed anon, like someone said earlier melbourne are like freakin mobile billboards. I don't mind a few sponsors on the court but there is a stage when it starts to look really bad (see cairns court).

36ers playing uniform is shite. Looks like a training top with numbers and names on it. Need yellow, can't just be red and blue. If the 36ers win games, however, i can deal with the average uniform.

Reply #149762 | Report this post

Boring  
Years ago

Anything else to complain about? 6ers fans expect so much. A jersey is a jersey.... how bout just being thankful the team is competitive!!! Clearly nothing else to discuss of importance.

Reply #149766 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Boring, the team could be successful with a more eye pleasing uniform. One does not have to compromise the other. As for Melbourne's "billboard" uniform, its probably the reason why their club is a reasonably successful club financially despite the low attendances at their games. That's not really a bad thing.

Reply #149775 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Yeah that and the fact that it only cost the Tigers about $5 a week to rent the Cage! If I was a Melbourne fan I would atleast want the Tigers logo to be in the centre circle rather than the bloody dodo logo!

Reply #149776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nick,

I think you'll find the Tigers are paying more for the cage then a number of other clubs. I believe the Tigers also have to pay to have the venue switched from a netball court to a basketball court, plus the laying and removal of their decals for every game.

Reply #149780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im pretty sure the ther club tops are reflective of the state colors, itsa refreshing change will look better when a sponsors on board.

i guess there is just no pleasing some ppl

Reply #149785 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Basically an ugly uniform.
The logo and numbers are so low that if the top is tucked in, you can barely see the numbers. I agree, it looks like a training top, not the official uniform.
Bring back the 80's style (including shorts)

Reply #149788 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I'm all for plain & classy, so I like the uni. Well, apart from the freak'n Jarvis butt logo.
Anyway, where were you guys when we were the West End Super 36ers? Have you forgotten the Billboard outfits they had then? Or do you miss the Champion gear with what looked like bottle tops stitched down the sides?

Reply #149804 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i just dont really like the logo placement thats all. The colours are drap and a pinstripe of yellow between the red and the blue may have brightened it up. When its all said and done thought, if the win who really cares.

Reply #149810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously they are still wearing the training uniforms.

When will the real ones be ready?

Reply #149827 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

I thought for a minute Rupert must have given them a good deal on Norwood's old ABL gear.

Reply #149854 | Report this post

Pogo  
Years ago

That uniform could be worn by almost any other team in the NBL; boring!

Reply #149882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes im not a fan of this seasons uniform,
the AND1 uniform last year was better
and when CHAMPION had it it was even better,
if you ask me teams need to copy the NBA style
uniforms because they are the best.

Reply #149935 | Report this post

Rashhed36  
Years ago

I've seen better social uniforms at the Dome on a monday night. Too boring, should take some cues from NCAA uniforms, not over the top but still with some flair.

Reply #149980 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

The uniforms look great, and how are NBA ones better, they are practically the same.

These are almost identical to the sa country magpies uni's which i think is a good move, look much more classy than the royal blue.

Reply #149994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its just need some yellow to accent it a little, its just drab.

Reply #150080 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754