me
Years ago

NH, Port to the GF

WWOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

What a game, Port completely thumped the hapless Roos.

I can already feel the ground shuddering from all the cows fans knees shaking, when PORT win the GF next week...the cows will have no history to gloat about..plus no future to hope for.

PORT are the best team in the country...

We'll never stop stop stop..till we're top top top... POWER!!!!!!!

Topic #12860 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Reply #149756 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

awesome..thanks Moses

Reply #149757 | Report this post

that 70's show  
Years ago

it will be interesting - no wilson for power, the first melbourne team since 2003 to qualify for GF - so there will be 90,000 of the 100,000 for geelong.

Q can geelong shrug the handbag?

if the game is anything like the skilled stadium game recently - it will be great!

Reply #149760 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Brilliant.. and not a crow in sight, bring it on!

Reply #149761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go The Power!!!

I think that can roll the cats who will be nervous and is carrying a world of expectation into the game. Power are in awesome form and their pace on all lines will certainly test the Cats. Really tragedy regarding Wilson and I don't think he will come back from it but it provides some extra inspiration for the boys.

GO THE POWER!!!!

Reply #149769 | Report this post

Disco  
Years ago

Think Geelong might get them. In my opinion the grand final was played on friday night and Geelong are the premiers.

Reply #149771 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Disco, its lucky that Friday night's grand final win to Geelong is only in your imagination. Its not over yet. After yesterday's performance by Port, Geelong have plenty to worry about. As for Wilson, its disappointing about the injury he sustained but to give credit to his team, it did happen early in the game and that didn't stop Port doing most of the damage after that.

Reply #149772 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Not all Crows supporters hope Port dont win. Obviously I'd love for my team to be in there instead, but I will definately be hoping Port come home (to SOUTH AUSTRALIA) with the flag. Well done Power and just know that some of us Crows supporters thank you for doing it for the state.

Reply #149778 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I am unhappy to see the crows out, but i am certainly happy to see Port in the grandfinal and South Australia represented yet again for the fifth (or 6th?)time.

I will be supporting Port as i did in 2004. For the first time since 2004, Go the Power ;)

Reply #149783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gold old fashion SA vs VIC match GO SA

Reply #149786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GOOOOO POWER!!!!!! :o) Do us all proud boys!!

Reply #149787 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

You really think Friday nights Geelong v Collignwood was the Grand Final?!
The top 2 teams from the season are in the Grand Final (as it should be).
Do we also need to remind you Collingwood finished 6th. No doubt they played some good footy through the end of the season but still not good enough.

Go POWER!!!!

Reply #149806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats a better group than Power and should win but...

Grand Finals are funny things.

Reply #149822 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

123abc - Try 4th time.

97, 98, 04, 07

The good news being that in the 3 times previous the SA team has come home the winners.

I personally hope to see Geelong win it. 44 years is long time for any fan to go without success and they have been easily the best team this season.

Reply #149824 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Yes, my apologies, i thought in 1993 Adelaide lost the grandfinal against Essendon but it was actually the premliminary.

Reply #149850 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

skip ur crazy.. personally i wont tht run to atleast make 45.. its ports year!.. against ALL the odds were in the grand final.. Go The Power!! and good luck to them 100%..

Reply #149878 | Report this post

go st kilda theyre the best

Reply #149884 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Im putting 100 bucks on Port to win that way if the buggers somehow manage to win atleast i can still crack a small smile....i hope i lose my money though

Reply #149887 | Report this post

Years ago

As a Collingwood supporter, I'm still very disappointed that my team didn't manage to make the Grand Final, as I could see them beating Port or the Kangaroos (if they had made it). Collingwood were inside their own forward 50 when the siren went, being just 5 points down, so they were agonisingly close to a Grand Final berth. If they had another 10 seconds up their sleeve, a winning goal could have been possible. I won't complain though, as they did a lot better than a lot of people (including, admittedly, myself) ever thought they'd do, not only in that particular game, but the entire finals series. Considering the low points that Collingwood has had this season (I speak specifically of their 90-odd point loss to the Brisbane Lions), they did well to bounce back and almost make the Grand Final.

As for the actual Grand Final, I believe Geelong will be too strong for Port Adelaide, and I really hope the Cats win on Saturday.

Reply #149888 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Its the Cats for me

Port will struggle to find forwards to kick goals against the best defensive unit in the league

Gotta feel for Wilson.....this may just be the injury the forces him to retire

Reply #149890 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

Fezlington, Have a read of the crap you have previously typed.

"Go Blues

Port are CRAP.....bunch of pretenders

Dont worry about the free kick count

Maybe you should be looking at the shite you have wearing Power jumpers

Treders is past it
Chad Cornes played crap
Both Burgoynes disposals were disgraceful
Brogan lost the plot and played the man and not the ball

Shall i continue?

Oh, and Mark Williams cant coach...lmao....moving Treders into the back line

Smart move"

mmm any comments now? Williams the best coach in the AFL.

Reply #149913 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

he he curious.....

Go Power.

Reply #149925 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Fez - Port have probably the best balanced attack in the AFL this year.

They have four genuine forwards who are all in form. Ebert is one of the best set shots in the game, can mark and is crumbing well - very hard to stop.

Motlop seems to have found the right balance between exciting and risky and is playing with confidence.

Westhoff will probably demand Scarlett because no one else is quick and tall enough.

Tredders is in good form and is doing all the little things like tackling and chasing.

They have the #2 attack in the AFl in terms of points scored. Geelong is #1. If Port stay true to the style that has got them here, they have a chance. Grand Finals are like Showdowns - it doesn't matter what's come before.

Reply #149926 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL......lets see what happens come 5.00pm Saturday boys

My money is on a Geelong win

And i bet by the time i get home, i will be seeing a shite load of posts here, blaming the umpires for Ports Loss

As for Carlton Curious.....dont worry, we will be back

Reply #149949 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

fez..your confused..this is about Port..not the crows...we wont come here whinging.

as for forwards...Port has the best structure in the league.

geelong have been the most consistently good side this year, but...we kicked them at Skilled and we will kick them at the G

A great coach, with a strong team...cant wait.

Reply #149963 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LMAO.......you kicked them did you

You beat them with the last kick of the day

And they were without Ling...the best tagger in the AFL this season

I think you boys are getting ahead of yourselves

You beat the Kanga's for crying out loud

And it was only by that margin coz they couldnt kick a goal to save themselves

Are any of you diehard Port fans making the trip to the G???

Reply #149984 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

After your previous comments Fez, you future dribble is that 'dribble'. Do I need to pull out some more quotes. What ever happens, it will be a great game, and regardless of the result Port have had a great year.

Reply #149987 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'm heading over. Should be a cracker of a game. Geelong are deserving favourites, but Port won't die wondering.

Port have the game breakers to open up the game if Geelong give a sniff.

To quote Big Kev, "I'm excited!"

Reply #149992 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Ling best tagger aye.. well gotta say cassisi has to be close.. yet maybe better! fez ur F@#!ed in the head dude next time no wat team u barrack for..

Reply #149999 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

hehehe...yeh...what he said

Reply #150017 | Report this post

BIG Baller  
Years ago

it just feels right port in another GF and being told we arent good enough to win i love it keep talking up the cat let hopes and dreams of 44 years of no glory and victoria's hopes of another vic team winning be on thiers shoulders cos the port adelaide footy club knows how to do one thing best and thats win GF's

i'll be at the G cheering on the boys that we're supposed to finish 7th to 10th

and geelong won thier GF last week when thier reserves won the flag and then with bartel winning the brownlow the last player to have both medals was james hird in 93 hmmmmm could it be a jinx

GO THE POWER IN 07!!!!
the only good cat is a flat cat :-)

Reply #150193 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Mark Williams is a great coach (and i would say far better than Craig on gameday)

Port have plenty of talent (especially young) and they have played better this year then most expected. Westhoff, Pierce, Ebert, Burgoynes, Cornes, Tredrea....

Port V Geelong should be a good Grandfinal and i should enjoy watching it especially with the SA V Vic rivalry.

Reply #150201 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Big Baller,

not sure what you meant by Hird getting both medals in '93 as he didnt win the Browlow until 96.

Then in 2001 and 02 Akermanis and Black got the browlnow/premiership double with Brisbane.

Reply #150203 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Last game the Cats were missing Ling, Selwood and this years brownlow winner Bartel. In saying that I give Port an outside chance. G Ablett for the Norm Smith.

Reply #150241 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It's all POWER baby!!!!!!!!!

Reply #150259 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Geelong all the way!

Reply #150266 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Kobe & Curious .....i do know what team i barrack for

Give it time...we will be back in the finals mix

And when im there at the MCG on saturday i sure as hell will be cheering on the Cats

Sorry boys, but it comes down to Vics V S.A

It will be a ripper of a game.....i still think the cats by 4 goals

And yes....you have had a good year regardless of the result

Reply #150293 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:52 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754