Fill Smythe
Years ago

WILLIE WHO ?

After Davidson's excellent performance, it really is a case of Willie Who? I'll take that gutsy, never say die attitude every time.

Topic #12868 | Report this topic

booga  
Years ago

imagine how the team would look if newley had stayed

Reply #149862 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

I'm not fussed about Newley. He would be more interested in padding his stats than playing team basketball.

Reply #149864 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Fill Smythe, thats a harsh and unwarrented comment. Newley is not a selfish by any means and plays for wins not for stats.

Reply #149869 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

You're right Nick. Newley did play for the team and not stats. It was one of the things his time in the NBA Summer leagues taught him - play for yourself and make it memorable. I think that is why he is in Europe (apart from the coin), that is to be the import, the player who is expected to go all out for himself.

Reply #149875 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

fil, dont blow your load just yet...

its been 1 game - yeah hes a good pickup and should be a good player - but after one game he makes u forget of willie farley, the guy who lead us to a championship back in the good (great) old days?

couldnt be any more sick of this willie bashing (it has two meanings)

Reply #149894 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

The problem was last year Willie was only interested in fade away jumpshots or dunks on the break. He played no D and no team offence. Forgive us for not being upset he isn't here again.

Reply #149898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jules, not going to buy into this thread one way or another but Wilie was sure not as hell not the one who led us to championship in 2001/02. See current captain for the correct answer!

Reply #149900 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

farley was runner up in the mvp race that year????

and cat, im saying u should be upset coz willie isnt here, im saying chill on the davidson over willie comparisons after 1 game to mr smythe

Reply #149907 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Dear Jules, you've not read what I've said."Gutsy, never say die ATTITUDE".............

playing ability,flair,excitement wasn't mentioned.

We've all seen Farley turn the ball over and stand hands on hips in the middle of the court, instead of trying to get the ball back. If the ball was bouncing his way, he was awesome, but it was a very different story when it did'nt.
My preference is for tough ,no nonsence Team players. Hence, I think that Davidson and also Ballinger are great pickups for us.

Reply #150011 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

dear mr smythe...........

the thread title is 'willie who'

" it really is a case of Willie Who? I'll take that gutsy, never say die attitude every time."

yeah u said that...but said it makes u forget willie, which clearly includes the above abilities (flair etc), not just it makes u forget willies attitude????

just saying...someone has 1 good game and u forget a guy who gave us a couple of stunnign seasons...but i guess its fair to judge him on his last 10 games...

Reply #150024 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:30 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754