Seb007
Years ago

Fantasy B-BALL

I was just surfing the web when I came across this site that lets you create a b-ball team and hire coaches, trade players, hire trainers and be a real GM on any team that you want. http://www.simgalaxy.com
That's the link

Hope people sign up

Cheers!!!

Seb007

Topic #129 | Report this topic

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I'm in league 35, the Adelade pimps. It's a brand new league in it's first season, anyone else ready to join up and challenge DC?

Reply #985 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've only played a partial NBA season at Sporting News and it was nicely done. If I remember when the season comes around, we should run a division there.

Reply #987 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I was wondering what interest there would be in a fantasy NBL league.

I ran one of the early leagues on one of OzHoops predecessor sites, and would be willing to set one up again (or a couple of conferences if need be).....let me know through a post here for now if your interested (and if we get enough interest, I might be able to convince Isaac to dedicate some site space for us).

Reply #989 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't know how other sites do it, but Sporting News (TSN) is really slick. Players automatically rise and fall in value based on demand amongst those playing the game. You get a certain number of trades per week, you've got positions to fill and a budget/cap to work within. It's all automated too, based on the actual NBA season/rosters and schedule. So, if Kidd only has 3 games in the next 7 days, you might trade him for Marbury who could have 5.

In the past, I've thought about building an engine to do it, but there'd be a fine art to perfecting player values and automating the input of all player stats (you get points based on all of the stats combined in TSN).

It'd be cool to be able to buy a good engine and just switch the schedule for that of the NBL along with the players and stats.

Reply #990 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Well, CyberSports (the NBL / ABL stats software) runs a player ranking system that I would utilise, and there is a program that I used previously that actually ran the game based on player stats and the teams playing.

A little labour intensive to set up, but once you get it going, it runs really well.

Reply #991 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754