What's in a name - strange basketball player names

everything .... !

Christchurch sirens have signed .....

ashley awkward....

but wait - check these out....

Awkward was chosen for the US college "name of the year" team in 2007 along with Genesis Lightbourne (Iowa), Epiphanny Prince (Rutgers), LaWanna Holiday (Belmont) and Lady Comfort (Temple).

unblvble

Topic #12924 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Why, oh why have I not seen this before courtesy of Bo Hamburger? I'm so disappointed I feel like Pops Mensah-Bonsu during roll call.

Reply #150402 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Were these going to be the runners in the second at Rosehill last weekend?

Reply #150410 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I suggest having a look at this site, and trawling through to find some absolute belters.

Steve Rushin - formerly of Sports Illustrated and hands down the best sportswriter going around - once wrote a classic column about the crazy names in the NFL.

I'm trying to find it on the Interweb - it had lines like 'They are priceless peers of Peerless Price'.

In the meantime, ever wondered how seriously some Japanese folk take their vending machines?

This guy is very serious - a daily pic, keeping tabs on the placement of products, advertisements on the outside of the machine, and the like. I am finding this site hypnotically compelling, in some sort of Zen-like fashion.

(Get an overview in English here.)

Reply #150413 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Last night whilst listening to Genesis( so much better than their solo efforts) i had an Epiphanny about taking a Holiday to get some better quality Lady Comfort than what i can find here, then bang i readthis thread...weird.

Reply #150433 | Report this post

johnnysack  
Years ago

Gregor Fucka...

Slovene bballer who played for Italy for some time...

Reply #150437 | Report this post

johnnysack  
Years ago

FYI... it`s pronounced Fotch-Ka... apparently...

Reply #150439 | Report this post

Rasheed36  
Years ago

Scientific Mapp was NYC PG that played NCAA

Reply #150441 | Report this post

BILLLY  
Years ago

Boniface N'Dong.........classic name.....dunno where he is at now but played sparingly in the nba and nbdl

Reply #150455 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I'm still a fan of swimming great Misty Hymen ..

Reply #150460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alexander Popov always got me giggling.

Reply #150491 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Ivan Ivankov the gymnast from Belarus. You'd have to think a guy with that name would have a pretty strong arm, no? Not the type of guy you'd challenge to, say, an arm wrestle?

Reply #150497 | Report this post

SuperBad  
Years ago

Ebe Eri (WTF?)

Did his father name him after a suppressed vomit?

Reply #150561 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

Ive recently had the pleasure of playing a game with someone by the name of LC Schmear!

Reply #150853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i want yo know everything about the name

Reply #182422 | Report this post

Mel Gibson  
Years ago

Hey Melvin, (#150460) you can get a treatment for that...!

Reply #182480 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754