Isaac
Years ago

Google Calendar - anyone use it?

Just curious as to how many people here use Google Calendar or something similar?

I'm looking at creating a shared calendar of 36ers games (and probably Lightning too) for people to subscribe to and incorporate with their own personal calendar(s).

Topic #12927 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you could export it to go into ical that would be great. I know i have downloaded celtics and bucks schedule into ical and sixers one would be great. But to get back to your main question, no i have never used the feature.

Reply #150416 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Didnt know it existed. Is it any good?

Reply #150417 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I believe it can be accessed/exported as iCal, XML or HTML.

Dr BS - yeah, free and useful. I use four calendars colour coded and combined (e.g., basketball shows up orange, of course) - a boardroom calendar shared with the others in the office, my calendar and a basketball one (both shared with my partner), and her calendar shared with me. Can be especially useful from here until the end of the year when you're juggling various social engagements, games, dinners with parents, holidays, meetings, functions and so on.

The good part about the shared calendars is they're centrally updated and pushed out to all subscribers. So if you are subbed to the 36ers calendar, and Fox makes them change a game time, it will get updated for you. Would be useful to have ones for all NBL teams, Fox games, 36ers events, etc.

Reply #150418 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I just found the calendar yesterday and am still playing with it to see if its worthwhile - hoping to use it in confunction with my wife and work much the same as you have mentioned Isaac

IF (thats a big if knowing me and my skills in setting up this sort of thing) I can get it organised and actually keep it up to date it should be very useful.

Reply #150423 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Yeah bball shared calendar would be great Isaac.

Reply #150448 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Just been playing with it - you can even integrate it with torrent calendars on the net - I like it

Reply #150456 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I've not used the Google calendar but some of their lesser known stuff is awesome, I'd highly recommend using their Picasa photo software for organising your photos and doing some basic editing. It's hands down the easiest to use photo software I've found (far better than what comes bundled with most digi cams these days). You can also link your photos to a free webalbum with the click of a button which is a great way to share photos with people who aren't part of the Facebook revolution.

Might have to get on board the google calendar too.

Reply #150495 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

I have the Google calendar viewer on my igoogle homepage. Have not really used it much and have not shared it with any one yet. Would cetainly be interested in subscribing to sixers games in a shared calendar. Finally give me something to use it for besides finding the current date.

Reply #150501 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754