XY
Years ago

Sixers v Tigers, 28 Sept 07

Big game for the Sixers tonight, coming up against the Tiges, who have possibly improved over the off season and are definitely in the Championship hunt.

Boti in his write up for the game had an interesting article about the friendship of former Michigan State teammates, Chappell, Ballinger and DT.

Would love to think that the Sixers have a chance of snatching this one, but in reality, I think Melbourne will be too solid, with a team the core of which has been playing together for three years. However, it would be very nice to see the Sixers take it up to the Tigers and perhaps snatch a victory in a scrappy finish.

One of the interesting side notes for me for the game will be the match up between the 'twin towers' of Anstey and Muursepp with the new look tall Sixers frontcourt.

Reality for me says the Tigers by 10. Predictions people?

Topic #12934 | Report this topic

David Kerr  
Years ago

Tigers by 7. Anstey to have another dominant game.

Reply #150514 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here's Boti's article about Thomas, Ballinger and Chappell.

And my game preview, for those interested.

I'm picking the Tigers by 5-10, but if Chappell is one week better and the crowd can put Anstey off his game, that improves our chances a fair bit.

As Boti notes, this is the first game that will really show where Adelaide sit this season.

Reply #150515 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

How big a crowd do people think will front up? I'll start the bidding off at 5900.

Reply #150516 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Anstey would actually have to play inside for the twin tower effect to work.

Reply #150518 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Most think Tigers will win, but Sixers have some chance with a bit of improvement in fitness and gel.
Sixers by two points.
Crowd = 5131 (no footy or junior finals)

Reply #150519 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #150520 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

4547 and Sixers by 10+

Reply #150521 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I think the Sixers can win this one. We have the team to match up with them really well:

Davidson v DMac - arguably if anyone can get under DMac's skin it is the hustle, energy and intensity of Davidson. I like this matchup for us and think we have the edge
Maher v Barlow - clearly Sixers have the edge
Chappell v Thomas - the 3 spot is where we struggle a bit, however if Chappell is fit he should put in a good show
Dench v Anstey- not a bad matchup, as Dench can play inside-out. But will still struggle to contain Anstey. Tigers with the edge, but I like the options the Sixers have to guard Anstey.
Ballinger v Muursepp - a close call. A good matchup.

The Tigers arguable have the stronger bench but we can more than compete.

Sixers by 3

Reply #150522 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

No way it gets near 5900. Over 4500 would be solid - I'll go with 4675.

Tigers to be too good IMO. Winners by 10-15.

Reply #150523 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Sixers by 3 in OT. Crowd - 4702

Reply #150524 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

Crowd - 4500
The refereeing will decide this one.

Reply #150525 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Sixers by 8

Crowd 4321

Reply #150526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers by 42 points

Reply #150527 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I think a lot depends on Chappell. If he plays tonight like he did last time he was in the NBL and puts 20 points on the board then we have a great chance. I'm hoping that the alien looking ref (anyone know the ref I men?) with a comeover doesn't screw the game up and hand out technicals to any one that moves, like he has done so many times before. Interesting to see that we beat Wollongong and the next night they do pretty well against Melbourne on the second game of a "2 games in 2 nights" road trip. Sixers by 5 in a nailbiter. Crowd - 5,127.

Reply #150528 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

I think that Barlow will not be on Brett, but actually Dave Thomas will line up there... play Barlow at the 3 instead on Chappell. Sixers by 5 or less in a great game. Go Sixers

Reply #150530 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Reality, sixers could win, but probably wont.
Tigers by 10 for me. Anstey 30 and 12 with about 5 3s

Reply #150531 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

tigers by 15.
Melbourne bigs kill us -in particular Murrsepp? and Stiff. Anstey goes for a quiet 25 and 10 and cancels out Ballinger. Chappel cant improve that much in a week and last week he looked like he had just got out of traction. We are in trouble at 3 spot and break even in gaurd department. happy to be proven wrong.

Reply #150533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd of 5,000 - no footy on tonight. I agree with Kenny that the refs will have major impact on this one coz it'll be close. Let's see where the tech fouls fall!

Reply #150536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Let's see where the tech fouls fall!" - It'll be Copeland when he looks at the ref the wrong way.

Reply #150537 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, because "looking" at the refs is all he does...

Reply #150538 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Tigers to win easily. We still give up too many open looks under the basket with poor switching D.
Crowd 5000.

Reply #150539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I took the sixers +5.5 but im not holding my breath. Bullets -6.5 at the gong however...

Reply #150541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers to get bitch slapped

Reply #150551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK , maybe not Copeland but you saw the game on friday, Isaac, it was ridiculous. I just want a normal "6 foul shots for the other team" free night (not that it was that bad last friday).

Reply #150552 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to tonight!
Crowd - 4800
Sixers by 3pts

Reply #150555 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

anon - That cause would be helped if Copeland didn't run his mouth, that's all I'm saying. Maybe it just comes with the package, but you'd hate to see a bit of talking back to the ref from any player cost the team a close game.

Reply #150558 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

If at that level the ump can't handle some idle chat as they are running back up the court it is pretty soft. I don't know what Copes said, but knowing him it would likely be his usual trash talking - a lot of talk, not much in it.

Reply #150567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally I'm more interested in what Phil says to get his fair share of techs! It must be good, but is always too quiet for anyone to know what's going on!

Reply #150584 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

Reply #150597 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

Momentum against the Tigers to start swinging in favour of the 36ers. We will win by 8 pts.

Reply #150600 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Tigers Rule!!!
Too big! Too good!

Reply #150688 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:17 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754