Jim
Years ago

Basketball Victoria gets sued

I was recently in warrnambool visiting my friend, when he brought up a an interesting letter his son had just recieved in the mail.

His son was recently part of Vic Countrys Academy program and had been waiting to see if he had made the next camp. In the letter he received there was a long letter about privite enterprize and in particular a company that provides basketball development to kids in the Warrnambool region.

I had a look at the letter and it metioned in detail a basketball program that operates in Country Vic, and has a go at a particular person who operates the programs, I found the letter to be quite odd and asked my friend about it, he said there is a young guy who has a few hundred players partcipating in a program like Aussie hoops, he said the program has operated for a couple of years and was very successful.

The next day we were watching his son play basketball and we were speaking to another parent whos child got the same letter. He said he had a son in the program (that was in the letter) and mentioned that the owner of the company was sueing Basketball Victoria for a large sum of money because they had named him in the letters. I find this interesting because the letters clearly slanders the indivdiual and i believe they could be in trouble.

Just thought id share this information with my SA friends, isn't it great to see the mighty vics finally start to come undone! Hopefully they learn something form this!!

By the way I would welcome a coach to come and run some quality junior programs here

Topic #12942 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"isn't it great to see the mighty vics finally start to come undone!"

You are an idiot.

Reply #150711 | Report this post

gaylord  
Years ago

gaylord is the word

Reply #150748 | Report this post

wateva  
Years ago

wahhh!!!!!
oh no someone said something bad about victoria.

Can't have that

Reply #150978 | Report this post

Blue Max  
Years ago

And the whole point to your story is................?

Reply #151044 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:04 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754