billo
Years ago

Sydney Kings v CSKA Moscow

Watching this game now, what's it about and why are the Kings representing the NBL? David Andersen's starting for CSKA, I reckon the Kings are in for a pumping.

Topic #12960 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Kings and Bullets seem to think that the NBL season isn't challenging enough for them this season. The solution is some travel and a few games to wear them down to the level of the rest of the NBL teams?

Actually, I think clubs just can't down the money they're getting for appearances in Chinese competitions. Even if that means slotting in a quick tournament during the season!

Reply #150856 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Ya reckon???

;)

(I reckon the CSKA players won't even say thankyou!!!
- Nods to Gunnery Sargeant Hartman (Full Metal Jacket))

Reply #150857 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Kings all at sea afer the first quarter, still in touch at 14-23 but struggling to get open looks. Smith's hit a couple of threes and their trial import Victor (I think) madea nice move but CSKA are pretty much having their way.

JR Holden would have to be the best guard outside the NBA at the moment you'd think?

Reply #150858 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

GOod quarter from the Kings, lead unchanged from the first quarter (or maybe it's out to 11 now), they got to within 4 on the back of Saville and that quick PG of theirs but then Holden came off the bench for CSKA to entinguish the kings offensive fire. ANdersen's not done much, it's obvious he's the only player the Kings have extensive research on.

Feels weird to be barracking for the Kings, I think I need a shower.

Reply #150859 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Billo, is that the guy who was offered a Russian passport so he could play for their national team, or am I thinking of someone else?

Isiah Victor is the second import with the Kings - they're taking their time in signing him.

Reply #150860 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yeah, that's the guy, he ended up playing for them in the European champs and hit the winning shot in the final with about 2 seconds left, he's unbelievably quick, great defender, amazing handle on the ball, the perfect point guard.

They're probably in no rush to sign Victor after this game.

A few big shots early in the 4th and Kings are back to within 9, game on, sort of.

Reply #150862 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

All over, Kings lost by 9 after CSKA hit a 3 on the buzzer, good fight back in the end, Worthington and Draper probably the best for Sydney.

Yao and the Chinese coming up soon.

Reply #150863 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

JR HOLDENS stats

2pts 1rb 1ast 5TO 1fls in 28mins

not a stat line you would expect from the best pg outside the NBA

Reply #150899 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Fair play nutter, not his best game, but the guy's a straight up winner, played in 4 different European leagues, won a national championship in each, won the Euroleage with CSKA, won the Euro Championships with Russia (3rd biggest world event behind Olympics and World Champs). Defense doesn't show up on the score card either.

Reply #150917 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Nah Nah i wasn't having a dig at the guy or anything! I just thought it was funny that people were talking him up and how much of an impact he was having so i thought id look up his stats for the game. I was just slightly surprised to see that kind of stat line! Im sure he is an awesome player.

Reply #150936 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Good to see that not even the best the NBL has to offer can compete with the best Eurpoe has to offer - says a lot about the healthy state Australian basketball is in right now in terms of talent. Unfortunately no-one would know it

Reply #150952 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

WHEN WILL PEOPLE STOP SAYING THAT YOUR A GOOD PLAYER IF YOU WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. It doesnt mean squat as to how good a player is.

Reply #150989 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:07 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754