Isaac
Years ago

Blaze replacing import with Bailey?

Spotted a mention on OzHoops of a rumour that the 1W-3L Gold Coast Blaze are bringing in former Perth Wildcat midget David Bailey.

There's been the suggestion that Jason Crowe and Daniel Joyce (son of coach Brendan) aren't getting along.

The other Blaze import hardly nailed down his spot on the weekend, hitting something like 1/10 FG against Cairns.

Topic #12962 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

they should get rid of hawkins and get another guard so that joyce jnr doesnt have to play.

Reply #150865 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

If Crowe does in fact get shafted it will be very dissappointing as he is quite a favourite with the crowd and loves having interaction with the public.

Certainly not good signs 2 weeks into the season with a brand new team that Joyce has been preaching about -especially that he was able to recruit "exactly" the people he wanted for each position without having to compromise at all.

Will be an interesting week!

Reply #150867 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I was impressed with Crowe's performance in the first game against Brisbane. Perhaps we can keep him on stand by in case Chappell fails to come good.

Reply #150868 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Crowe, at guard, is not what the 36ers need.

Reply #150871 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Crowe somewhere else could be big. He can play.

Reply #150873 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

EC are you serious?? Both the Blaze imports are terrible and had an average game in that first game and considering imports usually perform extra well in their first game it doesn't show like they can offer much. Also Crowe only started padding up his stats near the end when the game was over.

I can't believe how excited Carfino was getting about Hawkins the guy is a 6'7-6'8 skinny and cant dunk it seems. He had impressive shooting early but thats because all his shots were open. He looks average at best.

Reply #150886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think this is a poy to force Crowe to except his masters voice.
Threat "you'll be on the plane matee"

anyway love them to get rid of him and take the dwarf, if so

Blaze --- get ready for 30mins plus

Reply #150941 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Hang on a sec. David Bailey...mr cone smoker is goin to the Gold Coast BLAZE? hahaha thats gold.

Reply #150964 | Report this post

hithere1  
Years ago

Daniel Joyce is possibly the worst professional player I have ever seen. A point guard who has no speed and can't dribble? He is scared to shoot the ball and when he does he has the worst shooting percentage in the league (or close to it). He can't direct players or run plays and has no court vision.

Every time he goes on the court the blaze lose momentum and go down 10 points. He is a horrible player! for the Blaze, Wollongong, anyone! Only gets court time because of daddy.

Reply #151094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like to know where there rumour came from ??

Reply #151103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u r 100% right... he is the worst player to ever play in the nbl...

Reply #151701 | Report this post

goldie  
Years ago

my grandmother looks more athletic than joyce and i'm certain she'd run rings around him... with her high heels on!

Reply #151802 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:04 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754