sickofitall
Years ago

Boti - would he criticise the coaching?

boti you are pathetic!

try hard of the century!

too scared to critisise our coaches when they make big mistakes....wouldnt want to be kept out of the loop hey!...Phil's rotations on friday cost us time and time again...

and your mate chris....well he is just a plain W$NKER!

dont know if anyone has mentioned this to you....but....you are not FUNNY!!! ..End of story!

how bout you take a leaf out of the powers book.....and STOP, STOP, STOP!!!!

Topic #12974 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How bout you shut the f*ck up!

Some of Boti's jokes are lame but he provides an entertaining write-up which MOST people enjoy. Without Boti there wouldn't be any basketball in the newspaper!

Reply #150980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While i think most of Boti's work is weak, having another source of information on the NBL is very important. If Boti left, no one else would fill the gap.

Reply #150981 | Report this post

Boti- Not funny  
Years ago

I was with you until you mentioned the Power!

Reply #150982 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I wasnt with you until you mentioned the power.
Boti is the best we got..so give some respect.

Reply #150985 | Report this post

My name says it all.

Reply #150988 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure where this topic can go to be honest. You can suggest that Boti's relationship with coaches could discourage him from offering criticism, but that's entirely subjective and he would say that you're wrong.

So, I guess if you think that there is criticism of the player rotations or whatever else to be made, how about going into further detail yourself?

I thought that this post was interesting and might be worth starting off a topic leading up to the Dragons game.

I've also mentioned Houndawg's posts on OzHoops which commented on what he thought was a lack of team defense.

Reply #150997 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I love Boti.....I think he's great for the league and I wish we had one like him writing in Melbourne.

That said, his jokes are a little lame (no harm in that) and he DEFINITELY makes sure that Phil gets a bit of a free ride. He does criticise Phil, but only when it won't make too much of an impact.

Reply #150998 | Report this post

Mel Gibson  
Years ago

Think Boti was spot-on when he said 6ers didnt have a way thru 3-2 zone, especially the "no-one under 201cm" zone (3rd qtr).

Davidson shoulda shot more, cos he can hit 3s.
Axel committed in the air too often and this caused turnovers.
Antsey got a free ride, even tho he fouled out.

Boti is Boti, and yes he doesn't probably get stuck in to Phil as much as he should, but his piss-weak jokes are funny piss-weak jokes.

Reply #151014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Dicko, you are correct. Only is critical when it doesn't make too much of an impact, kinda like closing your eyes and slapping somebody so it don't hurt.

Reply #151015 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mel, agree with your Axel comment - made good use of his height to get up and look for a pass on a few occasions but might want to make sure there's something of a back up plan in the future.

I think the reason Boti's jokes endure is because they are basketball related and that's about all we get - realistically, they're not too far different from all of our piss weak jokes on here!

Reply #151024 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The repetitive jokes add character, like Rove continually making the (3,000 year-old) joke about Adelaide being a hole. Not particularly funny, potentially offensive to people in Adelaide, so stale that nobody else would want to touch it, yet containing an element of truth, and comforting and a light belly chuckle to its intended audience.

Reply #151030 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

at least basketball gets decent exposure in the papers through boti

Reply #151031 | Report this post

No one laughs at rove

Reply #151034 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Well I think if it keeps on going this way, I think its going to be like last season, Great roster on paper, but can't stop anyone scoring!!!

I think its time, maybe they hired a defence coach

Reply #151038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

last years roster wasn't geat on defence, flip.

someone tell me rove's joke about adelaide.

Reply #151049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems that we all think we are an expert in some field or another. Yes Boti is a kind of expert, other wise why does he get paid for his column. Yes he is not always right about his opinon and yes we think he could do better. He is the one writng the columns and making comment. His name is on the bottom of the paper and it is his backside that we kick when things do not go our way. I did not know him that well until I spent some time with him a few months ago. He is not perfect but he does know something about basketball and has a good knowledge of coaching. We think he is okay. We might not like what he writes but God bless him for writing it. and if you don't like his coloumn don't READ IT!!! Go for it Boti.

Reply #151056 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Rove's credibility is so good lately, the only people he gets seen with are 10 year old kids

Reply #151058 | Report this post

tiger165  
Years ago

Boti job is to write a column in the paper and pass on his knowledge to us the reader. He should publish the truth. If the coach does something wrong in the game(like not calling time out when we are getting flogged) publish it dont hold back because he is a mate. That is what the reader are paying for.

Reply #151062 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I actually think he gets part of his material from here.

Reply #151070 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:54 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754