Anonymous
Years ago

Locked: SA Country coaches

Coaches have been appointed for the upcoming campaign. Has anyone heard who is coaching which team...?

Topic #12994 | Report this topic

Pasadena 42  
Years ago

Yes. The coaches have heard which teams they were appointed.

Reply #151162 | Report this post

Hal Kitzmiller  
Years ago

Here are the Metro coaches:

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/fs_newsitem.asp?id=74844&orgID=9&Oname=Basketball+SA&O1c=6&O10c=12

Reply #151214 | Report this post

Wayville 60  
Years ago

I heard ROJO (Mike Rogers) has got a job. Fair enough to, he's done wonders with the Mavs 18's squad.

Reply #151360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

see now why is bashing like that even necessary? the season that mavs 18boys had was no where near what it should have been - but there definately stages where they showed they could play with the best of them. He is a good coach and will do good things with SAC

Reply #151616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should be on SA Country website this week, might be some surprises

Reply #151681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About as many surprises as Metro

Reply #151698 | Report this post

William 54  
Years ago

4?

Reply #151718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Appointments on the website.
sacbc.basketball.net.au

Reply #151727 | Report this post

Hoops 85  
Years ago

Coaches announcment here.

Reply #151730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now that they are up, what are peoples thoughts???

A little bit of a shuffle up. A couple of new faces.

a couple of old faces re-surfaced.

looks like a pretty good mix to me....

Reply #151844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, looks like things will only go forward. Old faces resurfaced will make a impact.

Reply #151853 | Report this post

Harrison Bergeron  
Years ago

My thoughts are that every single person there needs to be congratulated for putting their hand up and having a go. They give up time and energy to do the best that they can. Not one of them is perfect but they will be better for their experience. What they don't need is anonymous jibes that point out their weaknesses or failings in a public forum, positive reinforcement should be public but negative criticism out to be private. I would like to publicly commend each of these people who have made themselves available for years and given a great deal of effort. SAC has a great tradition and hopefully these people can grow and develop in that environment - well done to all and best of luck.

Reply #151854 | Report this post

Bald Groupie  
Years ago

Can not beleive Matho has been shafted. Thats not like Country at all. I love it when Bald puts his best mates in.

Reply #151856 | Report this post

Leopard 38  
Years ago

Head Coach is hardly a shafting!

Reply #151857 | Report this post

Bald Groupie  
Years ago

Doing 14s instead of 18s is a shafting. I hardly call the country champs in january a good replacement for Australian Nationals Champs in July. Mathos results have been solid. Could this be to help Eastern as well?

Reply #151858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How on earth is it helping eastern?? Please explain Bald Groupie....

Reply #151859 | Report this post

Dog 41  
Years ago

BG - and you know that Matho applied for 18's and not 14's? You know that after a decade of doing Nationals he doesn't want a reduced role this year? You know what milestones were set in the past few nationals for Matho and hence whether he was performing as a coach?

Reply #151862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Bald Groupie - please explain how his selections were a) jobs for his mates and b)how Eastern are being assisted? - Not one of the Head Coaches (nationals) are from Mavs.
As for "not like Country at all" maybe that has been the problem - in the past they haven't changed enough.
I see time and time again on this forum people complaining that the same old faces come up year after year - now some new ones are starting to emerge and some are starting to move up the coaching ladder people are knocking that too.
They are yearly appointments and each year applicants are selected on their own merits.
There has been alot of work out in the country over the last several years and it is fantastic to see that finally both in player and coaching terms that work paying off -
Country has always been about opportunities for Country based players and coaches.
This year will see the introduction of 2 U/15's team going to the Slam that equates to 140+ players and 30+ coaches being given an opportunity to represent SA Country at some form of National level in 2008.
Good luck to all representing SA Country for 2008!

Reply #151865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WELL DONE SAC, This would be the strongest coaching line up seen for many years if ever. Looking at the depth of your assistants in the 16s and 18s is the truest indication. But unfortunately players win matches not coaches, so lets not place needless pressure where it doesnt belong. The true coaching started in the local country assoc. when these players were younger, and where Jason Bald has regularly had his imput.

The future is starting to look really bright, cause the hard decisions are being made, and the hours are being committed. At least we wont hear the on going metro, winge about closed doors and "jobs for the boys" here!!

NEARLY ALL OF THE LARGE COUNTRY ASSOCIATIONS ARE REPRESENTED HERE!!!!

Reply #151868 | Report this post

Bald Groupie  
Years ago

Don't really have time to reply ( I will later), but i would love to know what qualifications this new coach has in 18s has and also what has Bald done as a coach as well. Perhaps Matho did not get the job because he is not yes man to Bald?

Reply #151883 | Report this post

Cat 74  
Years ago

BG - if you don't know the history of the new 18's coach, or Bald for that matter then who are you to question the decision? Anyone who's been around for a little while (and not just the blue and gold) would know of both their qualifications.

I look forward to your reply later, although i suspect you'll just sulk back into anonymity.

Reply #151884 | Report this post

Eastern are being assisted becasue one of their coaches has misteriously been able to access the information of all the Albury players and has sent out letters to members of other cluibs regarding Eastern trials. And called them regarding SA Country entering a team intot the Metro competition.

And as for qualifications, Bald has a 13th and 9th as a head coach at Nationals. That doesn't really cut it as far as I am concerned.

Reply #151886 | Report this post

Giraffe 70  
Years ago

I thought Matho was at F/ville! Still don't see the connection.

Reply #151887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not seriously concerned can you be more specific about these alligations as a country association head coach I would like to know if this is true?

Reply #151905 | Report this post

I believe that it will be taken to the presidents group. As well as concern over the Eastern President writing a letter to a West Adelaide player on an Eastern letterhead.

Reply #151913 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

geez - matho has caused some ripples hasn't he!

Reply #151914 | Report this post

forgotten values?  
Years ago

It was only an invitation to trial as far as I am aware.
As with any invitation to any event, thank the sender for considering you and graciously decline the invitation as you are already have prior commitments.
Sender thanks you for your time - wishes you well, end of story.
Good old fashion common sense and courtesy. I really seriously doubt that there was any malice involved or intended with this issue
So many mountains made out of molehills

Reply #151919 | Report this post

#151913, Are you serious? If this is true it seems consistent of a situation I dealt with previously.

Unscrupulous people/coaches that know better telling kids/parents falsities such as; we are setting up a SA Country team in the District competition. The kids/parents end up at Eastern thinking they are/will be playing SA Country because they don't know any better.

Well, not sure if this one is true.... if it is, one thing I can say for Eastern, at least they didn't get someone like Jacob Holmes or Richard Hill to contact kid's mobile phones and Committee members hound the parents of those kids.

Wow, going to Presidents meeting..... Woop D Dooop that will have a really big impact. I say, if this is true, expose these dodgy people here by posting a copy of the letter. This is the ideal forum to do this.....

Reply #151920 | Report this post

Bald Groupie  
Years ago

Cat 74 Jason and any other country person that is writing on here,

Actually I have been around for long time and did not see any questions answered. I know the answers but was waiting for a reply. The answer is they have acheived nothing. As 'not seriously' has provided it seems that you guys are stooping to low tricks by writing to players asking them to come back to Eastern!! What a disgrace, especially when you are telling them if they do not move they will not make State. Don't deny it as there are letters floating around, so where are the answers for that? What kind of ethics is that? You people brag on here that Metro is a club, but really you need to look in your own backyard before you start putting another program down.

I am still waiting on the 18s coach resume to be posted on here. Surely you can shut me up putting down his acheivements. i am sure they are better than Mathos, so putting him to 14s is warranted.

I look forward to a reply with some actual facts!!

Reply #151921 | Report this post

Yea forgotten values... interesting point....

I am trying to raise funds for my "Nigerian Uncle" and I have access to the kids to the details of the kids that play for Sturt. Might send a letter out to them all "Inviting them to donate" even though they have no affiliation with my Nigerian Uncle but because its just an invitation its all good. I'm sure I will get some naive suckers from Sturt that donate money for my Uncle.

Reply #151922 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

What a disgrace, especially when you are telling them if they do not move they will not make State. Don't deny it as there are letters floating around, so where are the answers for that?

Produce such a letter and i'll eat my shoe.
You produce a letter with a coach telling a player or parent that unless they move clubs they won't make state and i'll will take the shoe that's firmly implanted in your mouth and eat it.

I am still waiting on the 18s coach resume to be posted on here.

If you don't know it, then you discredit any prior claim. If you "know the answers but was waiting for a reply" then post it. I bet you don't even know what local assoc teams he coaches.

i am sure they are better than Mathos, so putting him to 14s is warranted.

Unless you have both applications in front of you, you don't know who they applied for. Ever consider that Matho may want a break from Nationals. Maybe he wants to spend a weekend between March and July not travelling to Adelaide.

did not see any questions answered.

The only question i saw asked was "Could this be to help Eastern as well?" Which shows how little you know. Matho is at F/ville!

Reply #151926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think SAC are to be congratulated on the movement which signifies forward thinking while our metro cousins are locked into the same crew who year in and year out go in one form or another. If only BSA had the balls SAC had and introduced some fresh blood, I think they'd find they wouldn't fnish any lower than previous years and might just be the tonic to revitalise the dreary metro coaching benches

Reply #151932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard the West player gave the letter to his coach - who understandably went nuts about it.

And judging by "forgotten values" post, it appears Eastern maybe did send out letters to players of other clubs inviting them out (and try to justify it in that post).

Very poor form.

Reply #151980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a disgrace, especially when you are telling them if they do not move they will not make State. Don't deny it as there are letters floating around, so where are the answers for that?

You produce a letter with a coach telling a player or parent that unless they move clubs they won't make state and i'll will take the shoe that's firmly implanted in your mouth and eat it.

William, that is not what the above is suggesting. Just by reading it, and not firing up about it one way or the other, they are saying they are being TOLD (as in verbally) that if they do not move they will not make state. I have heard this has happened to players who play div 2 at other clubs but don't know its validity (though I think where there's smoke...). The letters, I'd say, are about being invited out to trials. Again, I don't know if it happened or not, I haven't seen nor heard about this before.

As for the coaches, which is what this topic is about, I have no opinion one way or the other. I say congratulations to all who are willing to volunteer their time for the roles.

Reply #151982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't all clubs try and recruit? Call it what you like, poaching, recruiting, approcahing or inviting all clubs are into it in some way or another.Only way for it to end is to zone.

Reply #151983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poaching is most definitely different to recruiting in my opinion.

Recruiting is picking up new players who are NOT currently aligned/playing for another club. This should be encouraged - the more kids playing the sport the better.

Poaching is trying to pick up players who are currently playing for another club by initiating contact with them (as opposed to unhappy players initiating contact with another club). This is a disgrace! And anyone who does it should be called out for it (in this alleged case Eastern by letters, previously Norwood in a case well-documented on here).

Reply #151984 | Report this post

its wrong  
Years ago

Don't try to justify it by saying everybody does it. You have no proof. The letters are there in hard copy. If a Metro club wrote to all SA Ccountry players or all SA Metro players, all hell would break loose. There is no way to justify this, it is wrong, wrong, wrong! The sad part is some players buy it and end up worse off at the end of the day. That's the really sad part.

Reply #151986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to the topic hey!!!

Reply #151987 | Report this post

Disgrace  
Years ago

This act:

- means players will contact the clubs sending these letters. In my experience with Eastern they hound kids and their parents that make contact with them, including nasty phone call. Like, "whatever you do don't speak to your coach until you sit down with us first". "Your chances of playing SACountry are better if you are at Eastern". Then the last one after half a dozen or so calls "I need you to make a decision now this has gone on for too long".

This gives kids an easy way out. It gives clubs that cant develop players an easy way out. It creates one upmanaship amongst clubs. It damages kids that begin to think they will play professional basketball when its unlikely they will.

It does nothing to develop the sport as club's focus moves from growing it to recruiting from other clubs.

More importantly: Its disgraceful. Its illegal under new privacy laws. IE you cannot use peoples private information for purposes not divulged to them when they provided that information. If my kid got this letter I was sue Eastern and make a nice little bit of money.

Reply #151992 | Report this post

TheJury  
Years ago

http://privacy.gov.au/publications/npps01.html

Reply #151995 | Report this post

Bald Groupie  
Years ago

Gee SA Country people have gone quiet haven't they?

Reply #151996 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

BG - you are easily confused. This thread has moved from a 'what does everyone think about the coaches' topic where you were trying to seek justification for matho's move to 14's into a club bashing thread.

Don't try to take a hollow victory on the back of a topic change.

Have you found that letter you mentioned of a club telling a player that unless they play for them they won't make state?

Reply #152004 | Report this post

its wrong  
Years ago

William,

The letters do not state that. The letters were sent to SA Country players currently playing for other district clubs. As a separate but still related issue, some players have been TOLD (not written to) that their chances of playing State are increased by playing at Mavs rather than their current district club.

Reply #152007 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

Don't tell BG that.

That's a district issue, not a SAC coach selection issue. Start your own thread to club bash.

BG - you've gone quiet, haven't you!

Reply #152008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

William,

Whilst I agree with you it's not an SAC coach issue...
You have promoted this issue on this thread. Now you dismiss it as a district issue and won't deal with it?

Weak.

Reply #152009 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

If by promotion you mean dismissed, then sure, that's what i've done.

Slug.

Reply #152011 | Report this post

Bald Groupie  
Years ago

Right her Willaim you knob. I am also waiting on the 18 coaches resume to be posted on here. I know that he is from Whyalla, and he is Bald's best buddy and he was mathos assistant but apart from that it pretty thin. Also see if you can answer this question. If matho wanted a break from coaching State and wanted a rest from travelling down here all the time, Why is he coaching the Under 16s at Forestville. He is even more talented than i thought being the head coach and coaching from his home. So making patheitc excuses that he needed a break and did not apply for the job does not wash with me.

Here's a story for you that has been re emphasized above. Country player comes down to play for local club. Chooses not to play for Eastern because when he comes down he will stay with his grandparents because they live right next to the stadium of this club. he made reserve the past year but told if he does not play at Eastern he will not make State. Funny enough he doesn't and quits basketball all together and now plays football. You guys do more harm to the sport than you think. You dare to come on here and bag the metro program (which I know has it faults), but at least they do not have coaches telling players to go and play at certain clubs to help their chances at State.

I am curious to know who are the eastern div 1 coaches next season? The letter regarding players moving I am sure will never surface, as it does not exist, because as thick as some of you are you would not be dumb enough to send a letter like that out, but if you asked many players whether the suggestion of playing at eastern or no State has happended i am sure there would be plenty of stories.

Reply #152012 | Report this post

The problem as I see it is that the coach of the team is a SAC coach. And that begs the question as too how he managed to get the names and addresses of all the country players from other clubs.

And considering players are being told that their chances of playing State increase if they play at Mavs, where is this direction coming from?

Reply #152013 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

Also see if you can answer this question. If matho wanted a break from coaching State and wanted a rest from travelling down here all the time, Why is he coaching the Under 16s at Forestville.

Is he? Is he coaching Winter season as well? You've asked what his asspirations over the next 8 months are, have you?
It's nice of you to stick up for your daughters coach, but turning this into a club bashing slanging match (against someone who doesn't have any association with any district club) really doesn't help your cause.

You keep dragging Eastern into this - Matho is a f/ville, the new 18's head coach is purely country. The two new assistants, one is affiliated with sturt and the other is purely country.
How does that slot into your argument ... ?

Reply #152014 | Report this post

Bald Groupie  
Years ago

You are a tool William. You make the assumption that I am with Forestville (I might, i might not),and then to make dick of yourself again you say that I do not know whether matho is coaching in 8 months? What Div 1 coach puts his/her hand up to coach but says "I might not know what i am doing in 8 months so I may not be doing it after this time".I mean Forestville either are putting temp coach in for the summer season or you once agan are full of it. Where's this resume of the coach that is replacing him, have i already mentioned all of his acheivemnts? Also do we know the Eastern Div 1 coaches? Have they been announced? It also seems you pick and choose what you reply to in an discussion because you have no reply to certain questions, so I can not be bothered replying to you again.

Reply #152017 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

so I can not be bothered replying to you again.

Code for: I really have put my foot in it, and it's become obvious i don't know what i'm talking about. I'm making false accusations and being caught out on them, and am trying to distract from my original whinge by bashing an opposition club. I've admitted i don't know about transitional coaching where a head coach will 'train' up an asst over summer then step back for winter, and i've resorted to name calling. I've avoided direct questions because i either don't know the answers or know the answers and realise i was wrong so i'd better make an excuse for not finishing this argument.

Nice one!

Reply #152022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All from you William.

Have you found that letter you mentioned of a club telling a player that unless they play for them they won't make state?

If by promotion you mean dismissed, then sure, that's what i've done

Yup, really dismissive. Especially by the way you bring it up in all of your posts.

Weak.

Reply #152023 | Report this post

a goat  
Years ago

"Bald Groupie"

Let me start by saying that it is clear to me that you have no more idea than a goat.

If you really wanna see this guys resume, ask him. If you really wanna know the answers to your questions, ask the appropriate people rather than posting crap here.

Lastly, stop posting rubbish just because you think it sounds good.

Reply #152024 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

Anon - *sigh* read point 1.
I think offering to eat my shoe is a fairly strong rejection!

Slug.

Reply #152027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bald groupie what is your connection or knowledge of the Country program? How many camps, tournaments or any country events have you attended.

Appointments have been made, end of story. Perhaps this is sour grapes from somebody who has missed out or never coached at this level themselves.

Grow up! This is not a club bashing issue.

Time will tell if SA Country have made the right desision. I feel this is their best mix in many years, with Matho still part of the important underpining group of 14's.

Reply #152028 | Report this post

The reason that this is a club issue is due to Mavs and country coaches telling players that they have a greater chance of making State is they play for Mavs.

Obviously a Forestville coach like Matho is not going to do that. But somebody from Whyalla who has a bunch of their kids now playing for Mavs is.

So it looks like SA Country is using its State appointments to assist a country club playing in a metro competition. As well as rewarding those coaches who push their kids to the Mavs.

Reply #152032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NSC..

Do you realise that the SAC DM(BALD) is a paid postion and has KPI's to strive for??

I doubt very much that anyone in that position would put their careers on the line to benefit a club by appointing incompetent people that they do not expect to get results just to benefit that club.

i dare say bald is looking long term and trying to blood some very capable coaches for the better of SAC basketballin the future.

If you actually had any idea at all of what Bald has done over the past 2 years for country basketball then maybe your ignorant opinion might mean something.

He has provided country players and coaches with a distinct pathway to succeed at the next level.

Results might not be automatic, but the process very promising. Get your head out of your arse mate!!

Reply #152036 | Report this post

WayUpNorth  
Years ago

i think there is a good mix of both old and new in the Coaching line up for 08 Country Cup.

All the 'HATERS' need to build a bridge and get the F**K over it!

Reply #152043 | Report this post

The result over the past 2 years are not anywhere as good as when Dean Kinsman was in the position. Therefore are you saying he should be sacked?

And how do the KPI's rate when "blooding" coaches?

And if you knew anything about the history of SA Country you would know that they have never sacked somebody for not reaching their KPI's.

It is a boys club that looks after their own. If anybody complained to SA Country about any of their employee's, just watch how quickly they are left out of teams.

So explain why a country coach is going around ringing players and telling them it is their best interests to move to Mavs?
Explain why a coach that has just sent a number of players to Mavs, and who is a good mate of JB's has been given a head coaching position from out of the blue?
Explain why a West Adelaide country player has received a letter from a the President of Eastern asking him to join them with a follo up phone call?

Reply #152045 | Report this post

Cat 95  
Years ago

"a country coach is going around ringing players and telling them it is their best interests to move to Mavs?"
Could you be any more general? What coach, what age, are they a coach a mavs? Seems like a mavs bash

"mate of JB's has been given a head coaching position from out of the blue?"
Who is that? Not one of the head coaching positions awarded i would consider out of the blue. All the head coaches have been in the SAC program for a number of years and have all made significant contributions to their local associations. Out of the blue for you as a metro person maybe, not for those involved in SAC ball.

"Explain why a West Adelaide country player has received a letter from a the President of Eastern "
If that's true, then surely it's allowed. BSA would take action otherwise (unless it's just a rumour).

"The result over the past 2 years are not anywhere as good as when Dean Kinsman was in the position. "
Garbage. What have been the results of the 14's Boys and Girls at Albury over the past two years? Post them and tell me a 2 year spell under Kinsman that had better results.

Reply #152050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All basketball in SA is a 'boys club' with positions for life and dynasty style leadership. Keeping it that way is the goal not success so grab a bottle and find some shade 'cos nothing will change quickly.
The Parallels between SAC and the new BSA are uncanny with all the right policies in place and none of the practice.

Reply #152051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

William must have a filter for NotSeriouslyConcerned's posts. Why don't you answer (or more likely, "dismiss") them?

Reply #152055 | Report this post

LG  
Years ago

William 20

You have not answered these questions

So explain why a country coach is going around ringing players and telling them it is their best interests to move to Mavs?

Explain why a coach that has just sent a number of players to Mavs, and who is a good mate of JB's has been given a head coaching position from out of the blue?

Explain why a West Adelaide country player has received a letter from a the President of Eastern asking him to join them with a follo up phone call?

And a question from me

If these letters have been written as forgotten values? has stated to be true how did they get the information about the players. Last time I checked I cant just go and get this information from BSA so therefore where did it come from?

I can be assured I receive a dismissive response from william

Reply #152057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not seriously Concerned, please change your alias to Not Seriously Considered because you obviously have no clue wotsoeva!!!!

Reply #152061 | Report this post

You still haven't answered the questions.

Avoiding answering them is as good as admitting them.

Reply #152072 | Report this post

forgotten values?  
Years ago

i dont belong to any club sorry to burst any illusions
Who would have thought my very general off-the-cuff comment on social etiquette would be still talked about - that's all it was folks a very GENERAL OBSERVATION - you have way too much time on your hands to have read that much into it......?

Reply #152073 | Report this post

lefthanded  
Years ago

fv,
Dont make observations on things you dont understand.

Mavs recruit all the players you want, recruiting and developing players is what clubs are supposed to do.
It strengthens the competition.

POACING/ directly contacting OTHER CLUBS players is un-ethical and lazy. It shows lack of morals, respect for other coaches. And highlights the weaknesses in development at your own club.

This letter to a West kid DID occur, luckily the kid is loyal and respectful of the time West have spent developing him, and is a solid SAC player.

If he was a borderline SAC player it would be different. Because we know borderline SAC players from metro clubs have a hard time making squads compared to bordeline Mavs juniors.

re: country coaches , I congratulate everyone on their appointments and wish them the best in 08.

Mavs: You need some ethics and quickly before the metro clubs get together and kick you out of the metro competition.
You have a HUGE talent pool these days, make these kids better. Don't go after the best country players at the member clubs.

William 20, you need a laxitive because u are so full of s@*t.

Reply #152095 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

LG -

Keep in mind i don't have and haven't for a number of years had any affliation or role (be it coaching or otherwise) at any district club, but to answer you'r questions:

Q1 - perhaps it's because Mavs are a struggling club and they would get more opportunties there?
If i was looking at selecting a team in 6 months time, i'd want the potential kids playing as much ball, and getting as many opportunities as possible.

Q2 - "from out of the blue?". I've already answered this question, the post by Cat 95 was me.

Q3 - That's a district league issue, and something that shouldn't even be in this thread. Start another thread about that, it sounds like an issue that deserves it!

Q4 - (your question), SAC will not give out players details, but in anything whether it's sport, business or life, if you ask the right people the right questions you'll get the right answers. I'm sure that kid plays with some kids from at Mavs, so perhaps the pres asked kids at his club for his details. Either way, that (IMO) is for another thread.

of course it's going to be dismissive, it's all rubbish.

Now where's Bald Groupie hiding....?

Reply #152107 | Report this post

Silly Willly  
Years ago

Now William is talkng to himself by changing his alias half way through a discussion? Is this guy for real?

Reply #152261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Q1 - perhaps it's because Mavs are a struggling club and they would get more opportunties there?
If i was looking at selecting a team in 6 months time, i'd want the potential kids playing as much ball, and getting as many opportunities as possible.

So William, you DO think it's alright then for a club to actively poach another clubs players?

You've just proven that SAC can't be trusted to do the right thing by players that play for other clubs.

Reply #152263 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

SW - they were all responses to NSC. Nice try though.
You see that "Random name" above the title, it allows posts to be read, apologies for trying to allow my opinion to be heard. There are quite a few anon posts in here, and I for one don't bother opening them if the poster can't be bothered putting a name.

Where has Bald Groupie gone?

Reply #152270 | Report this post

no morals  
Years ago

There are quite a few anon posts in here, and I for one don't bother opening them if the poster can't be bothered putting a name.

C'mon now William, we all know that's not true. For example, you answered this anon with:

Anon - *sigh* read point 1.
I think offering to eat my shoe is a fairly strong rejection!

Slug.

So we all know you are pretty much full of it.
If you condone what Eastern have done, why don't you just admit it? You're answers seem to indicate that.
Or is it that you'll now try and ignore it because you've been exposed?

Reply #152271 | Report this post

Bald Groupie  
Years ago

lol Great reply no morals. You just showed the tool that he is.

Reply #152272 | Report this post

TheJury  
Years ago

In whose opinion would they get better opportunities?

Q2 - "from out of the blue?". I've already answered this question, the post by Cat 95 was me.

Q3 - That's a district league issue, and something that shouldn't even be in this thread. Start another thread about that, it sounds like an issue that deserves it!

Where this kind of act happens it should be in every thread. It effects basketball, it effects kids, it effects coaches. Its downright disgraceful

Q4 - (your question), SAC will not give out players details, but in anything whether it's sport, business or life, if you ask the right people the right questions you'll get the right answers. I'm sure that kid plays with some kids from at Mavs, so perhaps the pres asked kids at his club for his details. Either way, that (IMO) is for another thread.

You are kidding aren't you about asking the right people you will get the right answers??? These people that were supposedly asked are a disgrace. Just incase you're serious I doubt it's even legal

William20 everything you are saying to justify these actions is a disgrace. If players were sent junk mail from Eastern from a mailing list that players gave as part of their involvement in SA Country I cannot see how this would breach current privacy laws, not to mention the damage it does to players and basketball in SA.

Reply #152273 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

i don't care what district clubs do. that's not the point of discussion. battle that out somewhere else with someone who cares.

Yes, i opened that post and another (#152009). Both were pointed out to me and they were personal attacks that warranted a response. So yes, i read those two. well done. Have a gold star.

Still no Bald Groupie ... that must be his way of admitting defeat.

Reply #152274 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

Q1 - you asked a general question about a club everyone loves to bag. Why wouldn't i make that assumption? And it was just that, i've got no idea!

There are four clubs that i've (directly) heard recommended to SAC players looking to play district being Norwood, F/Ville, Sturt and Eastern.

Q2 - I'm glad we've finally found some common ground on my intial foray into this discussion.

Q3 - sure it's a big issue, probably deserved of it's own thread (is it just me, or do i sound like a broken record?)

Q4 - No i'm not kidding. If you own a cafe and your kid comes home from school saying 'my friend tommy's dad sells coffee machines' and it just so happens your coffee machine broke, your going to say, 'son, what's tommy's number'. Likewise in basketball, your daughter plays district and also church league with some of her friends from school. Your district team is down on numbers so you ask your daughters friends parents what sophie's number is coz she's 6'2.

And calling yourself the jury doesn't add a single ounce of weight to anything you say. It's a name, just like william, or Bald Groupie - who's still scrambling to find that letter.

Reply #152279 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

kjxfnvkjdnfv - i've never said once they are clean. I've said multiple times i don't care. If the accusations on here are true, i think it's pretty obvious they are not.

"If SAC did give out personal information of its players" - SAC doesn't give out personal information.

But you ask you kid if he/she knows the players in the team. Or you've got a kid who regularly plays with another chances are you get to know their parents. That's where it comes back to asking the right people the right questions. So stop jumping to conclusions about 'giving out lists' or 'providing personal information'. It's incorrect and potentially harmful to this sport.

Reply #152280 | Report this post

alltooneat  
Years ago

William 20

How do you know that SAC coaches have not used their Albury lists given to them by SAC? Especially considering the number of players that have been approached.

Trying to hide behind a 'friend of a friend' answer is just plain pathetic. Everybody knows it's happening and expect major problems to follow for Eastern.

kjxfnvkjdnfv
Unfortunately, any country player that did use legal action would kiss any chance of evry making State every again. So once again Eastern just need to deny that it happens and they will get off scott free.

I think that other club should get together and refuse to play against Eastern. Let them take their country team and go play in a country competition.

Reply #152289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How do you know that SAC coaches have not used their Albury lists given to them by SAC? "
Coaches lists doesn't have contact details. Only TM's are given those lists.

Reply #152291 | Report this post

alltooneat  
Years ago

Exactly my point. People from Eastern have got a list and have on mass sent letters out to country players telling them that if you play for Eastern you will make SA Country. As Eastern are looking to put a SA country team into the competition.

My opinion is that they should not be allowed to play in the competition and that they should go play in a country comeptition.

If not all clubs should refuse to play against them. Lets see how well their players progress then.

Reply #152294 | Report this post

no morals  
Years ago

No i'm not kidding. If you own a cafe and your kid comes home from school saying 'my friend tommy's dad sells coffee machines' and it just so happens your coffee machine broke, your going to say, 'son, what's tommy's number'.

Wiliam, it's NOTHING like that at all. It's more like:
If you own a cafe and your kid comes home from school saying 'my friend tommy's dad owns a cafe too' and it just so happens your coffee machine broke, you going and trying to STEAL that cafe's coffee machine.

It doesn't increase numbers in the competition, it just redistributes them. It may make one club (whoever it be) slightly stronger, but at the expense of someone else who has done nothing wrong.

Likewise in basketball, your daughter plays district and also church league with some of her friends from school. Your district team is down on numbers so you ask your daughters friends parents what sophie's number is coz she's 6'2.

William, I've no problem with this if Sophie doesn't currently play for another club (neither does anyone else). Matter of fact, it's great because it introduces another player to district basketball. The problem is, Eastern don't care that Sophie ALREADY plays for West (eg). Which shows no respect to that club or the competition as a whole.

i don't care what district clubs do.

If that is true, you don't really care about basketball in this state at all. A competition that develops players for ALL of SA basketball, both metro and country.

As for people loving to bag Eastern, far from it. Norwood got drilled for something similar earlier this year. I vaguely remember Sturt and maybe Forestville also getting bagged for it? It's the conduct of the club, not the name.

Reply #152297 | Report this post

Bald Groupie  
Years ago

I don't se why you keep replying to this guy as it is obvious he has no idea. He no interest in Basketball or the clubs but seems to have all the answers. he reads what he wants to and only answers what he wants to and ignores the real questions. Let the clubs follow up on the issues and see what happens.

Reply #152310 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

Don't be bitter because you were exposed as being clueless. I've answered every one of your 'claims', and it's you that i had the issue with in the first place.

Oh, and have you found that letter yet?

Reply #152311 | Report this post

alltooneat  
Years ago

William 20

More than happy to so long as you are able to put your real name to your posts.

Reply #152320 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

happy to what?

Reply #152323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What goes around comes around and mavericks have suffered from poaching big time by a couple of big clubs in particular. Promises made and in some cases fullfilled and all done and sanctioned by people who should know better.
If mavs are sending letters or making promises to kids it would be double standards for anyone to jump up and down about it particularly as one club has made an art form of securing up and coming talent thru 14 to 16 age groups.
BSA is toothless and turns a blind eye to certain activities and until it can deliver an unbaised universal aproach to all poaching dressed up as recruiting anything goes.
Standard excuses range from the player approached me , parents asked etc and these practiced responses, far from true escape real scrutiny from anyone.
The strong get stronger taking the cream from any club but more importantly from the weaker clubs chasing junior glory and forgetting about competition and the health of basketball in this state.
Only zoning will curb this and be sure the opponents of zoning are doing the most 'recruiting'.

Reply #152327 | Report this post

no morals  
Years ago

What goes around comes around and mavericks have suffered from poaching big time

So anon, you are agreeing the Eastern are in fact poaching? But it's okay because someone else has done it?
Pretty flimsy.

Reply #152330 | Report this post

alltooneat  
Years ago

William 20

Happy to post the copy of the letter that I have, if you are happy to put your real name to your posts.

Reply #152331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope so and I hope from your club

Reply #152332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the top club in the state can do it, recruit that is, its open season.

Reply #152333 | Report this post

William 20  
Years ago

you are telling them if they do not move they will not make State. Don't deny it as there are letters floating around

You have a letter to that effect. (Bald Groupie post 151921) ???

Reply #152335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was this original post all about anyway? If we ranked the clubs in order over the past five who have been the most guilty of poaching players (proven or not)I hardly think Eastern would rate a mention, if anything they would have had the most taken from within their ranks.

Reply #152346 | Report this post

Hilltophood  
Years ago

"What goes around comes around and mavericks have suffered from poaching big time"

Employing somebody that doesn't do any development hence having kids leave and then sacking them and having half your club move does not mean clubs have poached from you.

Reply #152354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey got a lot of 'help' to move

Reply #152357 | Report this post

Shameful Mavs  
Years ago

I hope so and I hope from your club

I guess this shows Eastern's complete lack of respect for both the competition and every other club in it.

No wonder people bag them.

Reply #152377 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

yup. because one bad seed will spoil the crop. No wonder everyone loves an annonymous snipper.

Reply #152392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All clubs poach, i know of 2 Mavs kids that was getting poached to 2 other district clubs, these clubs offered free subs, shoes, and even fuel $$$...

Reply #152447 | Report this post

Thighs of Thunder  
Years ago

Well this is a very amusing thread; more please.

1) Do we really think some parent is actually going to take the time and the money to actually SUE SAC? I guess them same parents are feverishly looking over the details of all their junk emails to see if they can find someone to sue as well? I think not! Reality check people; and di some earlier post mention tif it was there information that had been given out they would sue and make some money out of it? Goodluck with that one fella!

2) Eastern have always been usless, let them poach away. To all the kids from other clubs who have moved their game to Mt Barker, more power to you, but enjoy the trip girls & boys. If you think the trip from say....Kadina to Adelaide (hey its just hypothetical, dont read anything into the location please)is a big one, just wait untill you have to add that little bit extra to gas guzzle up the hill to that hole they call a stadium; it actually makes marion look like a palace.

P.S.

All you font changers are freekin' amazing!

Reply #152536 | Report this post

NoIdea  
Years ago

THighs, you need to read the privacy act. Using minors private information in this way is a disgrace. It wasn't the same as junk mail you twit its more about sharing information when the provider of that information didn't consent and when it involves minors its more serious.

Reply #152559 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

How is all of this different to Metro coach's going along to SAC trials and approaching kids to go play at their metro clubs?
If the family is happy where they are than they are not going to leave.But if they arent happy than they will pick somewhere where they believe their kid will get a better opportunity.

Reply #152564 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

As a former coach at Eastern, and one that will never go back there, I believe it is extremely ordinary that if the claims are true that if u play for Mavs you will make state. That is crap! If you are the one saying this than stop coaching and choose another career!

Lets get back to discussing the coaches and talk about some of the other appointments??????

Reply #152567 | Report this post

Judge Judy  
Years ago

No Idea, what an apt name.

Maybe you want to be the knight in shining armour that takes on this noble cause in the courts?

I am in no way saying what was done is right or even slightly legal.

My view is the parent who decides to take on this "injustice" and seek vengeance through the judicial system would have to have a cart load of money, and plenty of time on their hands.

The matter is so small and insignificant that the process and any out come would be significantly out weighed by the time taken to pursue such a small matter; while the potential to lose and be stuck with paying your own and the defendants court costs could be financially life changing, compared with what you could expect to be awarded if you are lucky enough to win.

And that is all providing the Judge didn't throw out the case and chastise you for wasting the courts time before the "trial of the millennium" even started!

There are no contracts between "kids" (key word here people, KIDS) and clubs & God forbid that ever happens. So just let the children play for who ever they damn well please.

So if you have the time, money and indignant disposition to be so fraught with anger that you simply must take the receiving of a letter from someone or some organization that you did not give your personal details to, then go for it!

Reply #152568 | Report this post

Judge Judy  
Years ago

Just a thought; mid week training for the Mavs U16 div 1 girls could now be potentially held in the local telephone box, judging by all the country kids that are going to be "flocking" there in droves.

Reply #152570 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

i am confused - who is the author of these letters ?

where are teh sa country coaches ?

aren't 2 of the girls coaches at forestville and the boys ? at mavs ??

so why create these letters ?

Reply #152572 | Report this post

notevenclose  
Years ago

coach,

Have you no idea.

The difference is that if a metro club approaches a kid from Vitor Harbour, they are approaching a player and giving them an opportunity that might otherwide not be available to them. Playing in the highest level competition in the state on a weekly basis. As well as attending State and National Tournaments. And the player can still play for their local association in the SAC competitions.

What Eastern have done, is target kids from other clubs and told them that they have a greater chance of making State teams.

Massively different, massively unethical. I am sure that the clubs will not take it lying down and will react against Eastern.

?

1/ The author of the letters was the Eastern President.

2/ The SAC coaches are generally from country area's or Mav's.

3/ No, the U18 coach got sacked.

4/ To poach from other clubs because they can't develop players from their own backyard.

SA Country have been trying to claim that the development that clubs put into players is all done at SA Country level. Which is obviously not true because no SA Country player has made it to the AIS in recent memory without playing for a District club.

WHat they are trying to do is have Eastern recruit all the best players after other clubs have develop them, and then claim that they have done all the work.

Reply #152574 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

eastern are desperate for sure.

cant say I have missed going there since they have sagged.

they should be getting leaflets into all those new housing developments in the hills and getting the u10s and aussie hoops / school ball etc

how can the eastern pres tell who will be in sa country teams?

that is like norwood pres maileing everyone cause they have the majority of state coaches ???

Reply #152575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"2/ The SAC coaches are generally from country area's."
Derrrrrrr.............

And as far as the Mav's are concerned - Just 3 out of the 30+ coaches in the 2008 SAC program are with Mavs
Hardly constitutes most the coaches does it?

Reply #152586 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754