Flip
Years ago

Alex Loughton

Just wondering on what other people think of the kid.

I reckon he will be a nice back up PF for the boomers

Topic #13008 | Report this topic

Nick  
Years ago

He's very talented, still young and will get even better. Definately a future Boomer. Infact we might see him in the green and gold in the not too distant future.

Reply #151317 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

I think hes way better than Hinder

Reply #151321 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think Khazzouh is better than Hinder.

Reply #151325 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Loughton is better than Khazzou who is better than Hinder who is better than Helliwell who by the constantly pained expression on his ugly face is obviously still trying to work out how the f..k he has ever worn the green and gold .

Reply #151327 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Post of the day rotate.....

I sprayed beer out of my nose laughing at that.

Reply #151328 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL.....ROTY for Loughton i think

He is a well rounded bball player

And a great fit at the Wildcats

Reply #151336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should be a good battle between him and Jawai

Reply #151347 | Report this post

Ricky Wong  
Years ago

Hinder is as a boomer really is a joke . he dosent even start for the kings.

Reply #151353 | Report this post

David Kerr  
Years ago

Loughton is not a PF though. He fits better into the SF role. He is really classy though and for his age, great poise and basketball nouse. Can't wait for his matchup with say Saville from the kings.

Reply #151372 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Ahhh ... but he does play for the kings and the two things go hand in hand .. boomers kings, boomer kings, boomers kings, I'm gonna play jason Smith more minutes than Brett Maher is 10 times the player "Twin Air" is.

Reply #151374 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Loughton and Jawai have both shown enough in their short time in the NBL to warrant the green and gold. It make you wonder how much they are getting looked at when overseas and Boomers teams are being picked. Would Mills have been selected if he had been overseas?

Reply #151377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

loughton is not a small forward. why would u think he is.

Reply #151428 | Report this post

Johhny Sack  
Years ago

Loughton actually toured with the Boomers in 2005 - when they came here to Japan to play the Japanese National team in a 3 game series, and he did a pretty good job (considering he was coming off his junior year) - but then again it was the Japanese national team... What i saw of him was enough to convince me that he had the tools to be a fine player - much like what i saw of Wortho in that game...

Reply #151430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how old is loughton?

Reply #151460 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Well you give a point about the Sydney kings and the Boomers. But does Maher have a cool nick name like "Twin Air" I think that gets you over the line most of the time

Reply #151480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loughton also played for the Boomers in the Four Nations tournament (Australia, New Zealand, China & Lithuania) in August 2005

Reply #151951 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754