XY
Years ago

Razors v NZL (Spoiler)

Final score 104 - 96, the Razors having a late run after NZ got back to within 1 point.

Am I the only one shocked at how well an average looking team (on paper) in West Sydney are performing so far this year? I wouldn't have been confident to say that they had improved team dynamics much from last year, but so far they are at least getting it done against reasonable opponents (such as NZ).

Good to see a very young team playing with hustle and good team dynamics to mix it up with more experienced rosters.

(Mod: Please don't post result in topic just put "spoiler".)

Topic #13009 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

you stupid prick

thanks for posting the result in teh subject...............

Reply #151322 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

there goes my night of wanting to watch the game on FOX.........

Reply #151323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah i know i cant believe that he did that.

Reply #151326 | Report this post

manshipkirk  
Years ago

well seeing everyone knows the score, i think that they had a preaty good pre season, thats all you realy heard about every few days before the season started was the results on one of there preseason games (they played about 10 games). they played such a big variety of teams aswell so when you think about things like gelling time and stuff like that i would think that they are afew games ahead of everyone. Well they play the kings in a couple of weeks so i guess that will be a decent measuring stick as to how well they really are going to go this year.

Reply #151334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it just me, or did the breakers look awesome when Kirsten was running the point?

Reply #151349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks again to XY for spoiling the result of what should have been an exciting finish. Great effort clown.

WSR will be better when Knight is back.

Reply #151350 | Report this post

Ricky Wong  
Years ago

probally the worse commentary ive ever heard some beauty comments " when you shoot outside shoots , you need them to go in " if new zealand get some more fouls they could be in foul trouble . and the score going on the wrong team pretty much every time. but hey at least it was on .

Ryan kersten looked awesome tonight zew zealand looked better when he was on the court the stats probably wont show it , but it was a solid performance. West sydney young and exciting look forward to seeing if they can play at the level for the whole season .. or seeing how they go agaisnt a melbourne or brisbane .

Reply #151352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He did have (Spoiler) on the heading or did he not have that at the start and your the bunch of Twits

Reply #151361 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

If you noticed this at the end of the first post:

(Mod: Please don't post result in topic just put "spoiler".)

I know it is crazy talk, but I think a moderator may have changed the topic heading........

Reply #151363 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Sorry guys, my bad.

Reply #151366 | Report this post

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

I think one of the big surprises is how good Hinson has been for the Pigs after having a very ordinary showing in pre-season trials. Many picked him to be the first import sent packing, but he's stepped up to show everyone he's actually got game.

Wish he'd shown more before the Dream Team comp started.

Reply #151371 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

They'll get smashed by Bris/Melbourne. However, be interesting to see when they come up against a Cairns, or Sydney like someone said earlier, to see if they are a legitimate playoffs chance.

Hinson impressed me very much. Seems like he has game, and a very unselfish team player from the looks of things. It's nice to see an import make a real attempt to get his teammates into the game.

As for Kirk Penney, I struggle to think of someone who is in a game of basketball for himself more than this bloke. He's fighting for rebounds with his own players just for the stat. And he shoots almost everything. The Breakers unfortunately for them seem to attract these types of players. That dude needs to play for the team..

Reply #151373 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

At the presseason game up here v the Blaze, Hinson and the rest of teh Pigs looked quite good. They had Rush not playing and what they lacked in individual talent they more than made up for with team play and showed great chemistry. They had a bench of only 4 players - a coach and 1 assitant plus some guy doing the water/towels and that was it. They didnt even have proper uniforms and they looked like a squad that had been thrown together on a tight budget (as they were) When they hit the floor - both in warmups and game time - however the chemistry and work ethic was clearly evident. They all showed a lot of passion and effort to do all the little things and make sure they got 100% out of each other. While I dont think they will seriously challenge the big guns this season they will cause more than a few upsets when a team isnt 100% ready for them and should contend for a finals spot

Reply #151380 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Lockstock ," He shoots almost everything " mate we all know you would shoot a kitten if it is coming in for a cuddle .

Reply #151383 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

darnell hinson for best import this year?

Reply #151385 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Another interesting thing about the Razors is that only 3 players played more than 30 minutes. They were Martin, Rush and Hinson. Are the Pigs 10 deep (obviously not, but surely they have a belief if they play all 10)? Are the Breakers that bad?

Reply #151392 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

LOL nice one rotate. I'll pay that

Reply #151396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tony ronaldson is in some fine form... 1 of 11 fg's and 0 of 4 from deep all in 35 odd minutes?

Reply #151408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Razrbacks are doing much better this season because of their 3 point shooting

they have a lot of options around the arc in Devries, hinson and others which i dont really know the name of but they are a good bunch of shooters.

The only way they got away from the Dragons is because of 3 or 4 three pointers in a row.

They are a much improved team

Reply #151458 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Rob Beveridge has to take alot of credit here .
Some nice acquisitions sure but he has instilled a never say die mentality and style of play suitable for their talent pool .
Used to cringe having to watch WSR over the last three years but now happy to sit back and watch a well coached , hustle up unit .

Reply #151524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with '151349'. The Breakers looked much better when Kersten was running the point. Should have left him on in the final minutes and maybe the outcome would have been different.
As the commentator said, Kersten is meant to be a devlopment player and he has already shown signs of having the ability to play many minutes.
Well Done Kersten.

Reply #151567 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:49 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754