TR
Years ago

GSW - Monta Ellis injured at training

A sad story out of Golden State, and fingers crossed he makes a full recovery. He was MIP last year and looked set to take over from J-Rich. A bright talent..

Monta Ellis was immobilized and carted off the court after he was injured in a collision during training-camp practice Friday night.

According to ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher, the 21-year-old Ellis was trying to split a double team on a pick-and-roll when he went down. Ellis lay face down, prone for more than 25 minutes.

The team's trainer was able to speak to Ellis, so it appears he is conscious, but there were no noticeable responses to tests for motion, particularly from the shoulders down.

Ellis was strapped onto a board to get him on a stretcher to be taken off the court.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=3051363

Topic #13021 | Report this topic

Mantis  
Years ago

Just read an update on ESPN:

"Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis left a Hawaii hospital of his own accord shortly before midnight, just hours after suffering an injury that had him immobilized and carted off the court during a training camp practice.

"A battery of tests, including an MRI and a CT scan, came back normal and the injury is being diagnosed as a neck sprain, according to team officials. Ellis is listed as day-to-day."

Good news.

Reply #151597 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

"A sad story out of Golden State" .. wow. Awesome reporting TR, way to blow a temporary incapactity into a career-threatening injury - look forward to see you reporting for Today Tonight or ACA soon ...

Reply #151615 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Are you being serious Melvin? A guy is immobilised in an accident and you shoot down a guy who expresses nothing but sympathy towards him?

Tool...

Reply #151625 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

No issue with a guy showing sympathy - but when the attached article says Ellis is cleared of major injury, and left hospital under his own steam, doesnt really seem that "sad" - seems like a bit of a non-story really. You could post a similar article on every guy that gets knocked out playing football every week .. "he was unconscious, and taken off on a stretcher - but was then fine, and listed as day to day". See my point now?

Reply #151654 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The article has been updated since I posted the original link.

The cut and paste was from the original article.

Hope I don't come across you in a car prang one day.

Reply #151656 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Yeah, now we know he is OK. At first, as TR said, what is in the first post of this thread was all that was reported. You dig? Besides, in any sport when a guy goes down, is unconscious and then can't move his body, do we not worry and hope he is OK?

Reply #151660 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Fair enough. Seems like fair reporting then TR. And yes, twenty four, when anyone goes down and is unresponsive, we all hope the guy is ok, and are relieved if/when we find out he is - i'm was certainly not disagreeing with that.

Though I fail to see the relevance of "Hope I don't come across you in a car prang one day"

Reply #151685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754