Panther
Years ago

State League Div 1 results...

I'm curious as to know why no one has posted anything about last nights games??? I see that Phil Brown top scored for Southern so maybe all his whinging and threatening to leave due to lack of minutes is legitimate???
Good to see Crusher still getting amongst it with 28 points, 12 rebounds, 5 elbows and 2 KO's!!! Lol....Good work big fella!
Big Dodman is obviously reaping the rewards of training with the sixers hitting 28 himself and it's great to see some names I didn't know up amongst the top scorers for numerous clubs, it shows that teams are willing to give time to up and coming youngsters.
Also interesting that to see that both grand finalists couldn't get a win first up with West beating Southern and Centrals drawing with South.
Any other comments from people who watched or players who participated???

Topic #13054 | Report this topic

balling is life  
Years ago

thats why South and Southern played off in the RESERVES grand final. Aka Div 2 Mens.

Reply #152048 | Report this post

Frantic  
Years ago

Those who watched the southern v west game would have to be impressed with the intensity and tempo of the game for round 1.
Both teams went at each other with 3balls, transition and post play.

West did lose Rory early though so not sure if the result is a true reflection of where both teams are at.

Crusher was a menace but you would hope so he had at least 5 inches and 60lbs on everyone bar Paul Smith.

Southern with 5 guys in double digits and healthy doubles at that is a suprise...?

Southern 88
Brown 27, Smith 17, Braithwaite 16,Boal 16, Davies 10.

West 92
Crusher 28, Spud 20, Pearce 17, Vordemer 10.

Reply #152056 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Come on B.I.L, we all know that the summer league is probably closer to Reserves ABL than ABL Div One!

Reply #152060 | Report this post

Mel Gibson  
Years ago

Panther, you would expect that the first 4 highest scorers 4 Southern would see on average higher minutes than previous seasons. (bar Braithwaite, who is back from persistent injury).

Reply #152071 | Report this post

Pulteney 88  
Years ago

Well what does that say about the Tigers?

Other than Hodges, Lalic Bungey??, who else were they missing? Bowley still playing?

Frangers wont be in the state, Clarke gone and Gerlach gone..

Beaten by a West team without Mann, Truslove, Davis, Craddock and Molitor.

Are there any recruits on the horizon for the Tiges?

Reply #152076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin Rudd will save the day!!

Reply #152176 | Report this post

BFresh  
Years ago

I didnt know he was a hooper?

Reply #152233 | Report this post

Mel Gibson  
Years ago

Kev has mad hops!!!

Johnny H is a POG.

Reply #152240 | Report this post

D.Brent  
Years ago

who is Phil Brown?

Reply #152241 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Mel G, you would definitely be right in saying that, but these players have always been good, so realistically only Boal and Braithwaite will get more minutes. Players like Brown, Smith and even Florence when he gets back will pushed aside, especially if the Hodges play, although I heard they won't probably play.

Reply #152262 | Report this post

balling is life  
Years ago

Benny Hodge will play. Timmy Hodge has retired.

Reply #152268 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:09 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754