Kobe-for-MVP
Years ago

Brad Davidson injury news

Not good news on Davidson according to NBL.com.

"Adelaide guard Brad Davidson may miss up to three weeks after sustaining a torn abdominal muscle in the 36ers' four-point loss to the Wildcats in Perth on Wednesday.

The absence of Davidson leaves a sizeable gap in the Sixers' backcourt stocks, with a series of away games coming up against New Zealand, Townsville and Sydney.

"Brad didn't play much for us in the second half," 36ers coach Phil Smyth said. "He'll be out for two to three weeks ... he's likely to miss the next four or five games, so it's not good for us."

Davidson, 33, originally sustained a slight tear in the muscle about two weeks earlier but kept playing. However, the injury worsened on Wednesday."

Hope its a quick recovery.. We need him bad also mite explain our second half against Perth..

Topic #13077 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Matt Sutton ....welcome to the spot light.

Reply #152492 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Makes you wonder about the wisdom of letting him try to play through the injury. What is that bet that was on Doctor Ng's advice!

Ng- 'Sure Brad, you'll be fine...' (more minutes for me!)

Reply #152497 | Report this post

Mel Gibson  
Years ago

Ng showed last week he was a capable shooter, and Sutton has the ability, but not the confidence just yet...

Now the opportunity is there, these two guys can either step up or hide in the shadows.

GO FOR IT LADS!!!

Reply #152513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley would have been really handy right now, what with an injured point guard and a struggling import. Maher could have played more point and the Sixers would have hardly missed a beat. Beat.

Reply #152516 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea i was thinking the other night at the Dragons game how good the team would be if we had Newley, i think we should be somewhere in the 5-8 bracket with the current team, but with Newley and if Chappell found some form we would be a shot at the top 4. Ah well heres hoping Chappell can find form, Davidson isnt out too long and the 36ers can surprise a few people and crack the top 4.
I remember the 2002 season we only had 1 import for half the season, so hopefully if Chappell can find form by the first half of the season and Davidson coming back in a few weeks we can give it a good crack with a strong finish.
Good opportunity for Ng to show some solid form at NBL level.

Reply #152529 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

#152516 - Anonymous
If you have ever taken any notice of Brett's career you would realise that he is NOT a point guard. He is happiest and most productive in the Two Spot.

XY
Don't know if your comment was tongue in cheek but any suggestion that Darren would give such advice is rather cynical and demeaning to Darren.

Reply #152530 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

ANON12, if you can't read any mild (arguably non-existant) humour into my post then I suggest you try and get out more. Whilst I don't know the guy, I am sure Darren would not be offended and would not view my little poke as an offence to his hypocratic oath (if he has taken it, which I don't know). Seriously, lighten up. Have you never made a lawyer joke before?

On a more serious note, I think it is a concern that Davidson was allowed to play the last couple of games injured. If it was affecting his performance, and there was a chance that playing through it could lead to him missing more games later, surely the better idea would have been to have him miss the Perth trip?

Reply #152534 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Deja vu anyone. Sounds like a repeat of last year the only thin different is the 4 - 6 is now 6 - 10.

Reply #152565 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Davidson's injury is now expected to keep him out for 1-2 weeks instead of the three weeks previously feared.

Reply #152577 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754