Ryno
Years ago

NBA basketball signed by NBA champion Spurs

Guys i have in my possession a signed NBA ball (from beginning of last season before they changed it) and it is signed by the entire Spurs team from the 06-07 season. With the ball is a letter written and signed by Brett Brown (assistant coach) who sent the ball to Australia stating what the ball is and who it is signed by...

I was just curious what you guys think the ball would be worth at this early stage???

Topic #13091 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

an absolute shit load considering they won the championship

Reply #152596 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

Oh the note from Brett Brown is on an offical Spurs card with Spurs logo.....

Reply #152597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrew, surely life after the Tigers isnt that bad! Keep the ball and commentate on fox sports again. Bradke was woeful, you are a shoe in!

Reply #152600 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Stuff like this is hard to actually price. I also collect stuff like this and I've found that it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. It would be impossible to simple slap $1000.00 on it and say it's worth $1000.00.

It's going to be more valuable to a Spurs supporter than a Dallas supporter, or more valuable to a basketball fan than a baseball fan.

Because they won the Championship then that would assist in getting a better price than an autograph Celtics ball from the same year. What also may make it a little more valuable is the type of ball they used, if the NBA never returns to that ball then it could be classed as a rarity.

I have a signed MJ 1992 Dream Team jersey which is framed and I'm unsure of it's official worth. To me it's priceless and insured for a far amount, but a non MJ supporter may want to use it to wash their car with. I've had offers from it from as little as $500 up to $3000 for it.

Reply #152613 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

Thanks TR was just curious, im not looking to sell it any time soon....

Reply #152615 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I don't blame you, I wouldn't be selling it either. Just make sure you insure it for a price that you'd be happy with if you sold it and that it is kept in a clear case.

Also, signed team balls are much harder to come across. They are usually only signed and given to sponsors, players and franchise staff etc as gifts. Very rarely are they seen on the outside. It's a piece of cake to get a signed ball from an individual players.

Put it this way, an autograph (both squads) 2006 All Star basketball is going on Ebay for $4200.00

Reply #152618 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

WOW thats a bit of coin for a basketball with some texta on it!?!? HAHA. Already got the insurance and it is in a nice clear case!! Sitting pretty..... GO SPURS!!!

Reply #152624 | Report this post

Jarrad  
Years ago

I know its not on this topic but didn't think it deserved its own thread. I also thought that you might be able to help TR given your excellent advice above.

I have a 2004 port premership weg posted signed by the whole grand final team including Williams. I haven't seen one up on ebay at all and thought someone might be able to give me an indication on its value.

Thanking you in advance.

Reply #152627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

port adelaide u will be lucky to get 5 bucks for that since this yrs grandfinal, although back then deserved to win, but no1 will want it atm

Reply #152631 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

that's rubbish anon.... A passionate and loyal Port supporter will always want memories of that great day and will be willing to pay for it.

As a Crows support, I'd give you a slab of VB and a lesson in hot-wiring any early model Holden Commodore or Hyundai Excel for the weg.

The thing you'll find with weg and AFL is that they will only appeal to an Australian buyer, thus making it a smaller market. A positive thing about the weg is that it'll appeal to collectors. I work with a bloke that collects wegs, he's now 50 and been collecting them since he was 15.

Value is hard, as I said earlier, a Crows support may pay $5 for it, whilst a Power supporter may drop $50.00 on it, the club may pay $500.00 for it. Who knows???

Insure it for what you'd like to sell it for. A way to increase it's value is to box frame (may sure it's boxed framed and question how they will secure the weg) it and maybe add some pictures from the game (team/game photos) around the outer, but being a poster I wouldn't display it in direct sunlight.

I guess the positives are also it was their first (and fingers crossed only) premership. It also contains the signatures of a Norm Smith Medalist, a Brownlow Medalist, a few All-Australians and from memory it was Hardwicks last game in the AFL.

Reply #152638 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

hmmm, this has got me wondering how much my Arizona ball is worth (touring team that played sturt) with players like walton, frye, gardner, etc, etc

Reply #152640 | Report this post

dmacmich  
Years ago

ok just to like settle all this for a future show on fsw we get like an auctioneer and the people involved to do a current evaluation.

Reply #152656 | Report this post

Jarrad  
Years ago

thanks for your help and suggestions.

Reply #152682 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

TR - a signed 92 Jordan singlet? You lucky bastard!

Reply #152745 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:43 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754