Johnny Sack
Years ago

Worst NBA/NBL Uniforms - EVER!!!

I came across this article on ESPN and it got me thinking...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/060803

One - I actually like the old Denver strip (the one that looks like tetris on an super widescreen TV) and think the Sixers strip mentioned had some retro charm to it, but yeah the Rox and Pistons jersey's mentioned were rank... Also (in hindsight - cause WE ALL thought they were cool at the time) the Charlotte Hornets teal monstrosity was a shocker, as well as the original Magic Uniform with the massive star on the shorts (cue Sideshow Bob cringing noise)...

And Two...

What about NBL uniforms??? I'd have to say the the Giants/Titans scoop the pool both the pre-1994 season gold/yellow/brown uniform and the subsequent Hornets ripoff... I mean - in the 1994 Finals Series the Sixers were no the worst Uni (in spite of the fact that we still rocked those indecently "short-shorts")... Honorable mentions: Yes - the Sixers (only when they refused to get with the times in 1994), Brisbane Bullets up to mid-late 90's Fosters Uniform, and Illawarra (similar gripe to the Sixers - they stayed short longer than any other team in the league and their design was just rubbish)...

Topic #13095 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Hey i like that oldschool hornets uniform. And the magic one for that matter. Agree on the terrible turquoise pistons jersey, that was disgraceful. What about that stupid Black, Pink and Orange Miami Heat strip? That would have to be up there in the shockers.

Reply #152636 | Report this post

dmacmich  
Years ago

it would be good to see pics of these shocking jerseys just so we can all agree with it!

Reply #152657 | Report this post

Bfresh  
Years ago

Theyre on the supplied site, click on the link from the uniform title.

Reply #152698 | Report this post

Worst effort for mine was when the Wildcats where sponsored by Adidas. They all wore Nikes then "customised the three stripes" with a 3rd grader homework project of magic marker over the Nike swoosh.

Yes the Giants in the Tim Dillon /Wayne Carroll days has to be the worst. Who honestly looks at Brown and Yellow and says yep that will work.

Reply #152704 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

I think this years Medibank/Haier Tigers is the worst ever! You can't even see the tigers name etc.. amongst all of the advertising!

Reply #152806 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

yea..i agree the tigers uni is ugly..the 36ers away uni is plain as hell..all that is written across the front is 36ers in small print..i like the bullets uni..its nice

Reply #153579 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:02 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754