boom boom
Years ago

Sixers family day at the Zoo

Fantastic turn out at the zoo today for the 36ers day at the zoo.Interviews were great with some of the new players and coach interviewed.Great to see such a big turn out all the players and coach Smyth spent over 2hours talking and signing autographs they were super.Just wondering why Rachael and Peta were there doing all the work and promoting the club but the operations manager could show Bauer to busy for the fans and the players.

Topic #13099 | Report this topic

May be that Paul is recovering form surgery to his ankle as to why he was not there.

Reply #152688 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Boom Boom. For a start you should learn how to spell and maybe take lessons in grammar. Also take note of CMM. Before you criticise one of the hardest workers in the 36ers operational team ask why he wasn't there. Everyone knew why but obviously you are too ignorant to ask. All you appear to want to do is have a go at Paul. GET A LIFE.

Reply #152690 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anyone else go?

We all get on the club's back when they make a mistake, but as I would've said last year, the members day at the zoo is a great idea and they deserve credit for keeping it going.

Reply #152694 | Report this post

Kenny Smyth  
Years ago

As a Kings fan living in Adelaide I have had season tickets to the 6ers for 10 years(love to watch good basketball). This was the first family day I have attended, I took the grand kids who are 6ers fans (you just can't teach these young people anything) it was great day, free entry to the zoo, the players made themselves readily available to sign autographs and take photos, it was great the kids loved it. Only disappointment was that Brett was not able to make it and the kids were looking forwarded to having there photo taken with him, maybe next year. Well done Adelaide 36ers.

Reply #152700 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I should really go to these member family days...

Do you think it will keep going? Next year?

Reply #152709 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure - you could ask them. IMO, it suits everyone - families, people who want to go and chat to the players, and people who just want to wander around the zoo on a nice day. And it's free, which makes it an easier decision.

Reply #152711 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Sixers fans had a day at the zoo?

How many of them did they let leave?

Reply #152718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMAO Dicko...

Reply #152720 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

i think these events are a great idea, i was unable to go my self but think it would of been enjoyable. I think its great that a club at that level gets envolved with the fans, especially the kids. thats where the future for the sport is. Does it matter that pb was not there?

Reply #152735 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

I attended with my family. I was very impressed with the players who made themselves readily available for autographs and photos for over two hours.

It is going to be extremely hard to criticise any of the players after meeting and talking to them, in the future. There appeared to be a genuine rapport between the players and coach and hopefully this will translate to wins on court soon.

I too was disappointed that Brett could not be there but accept that he had another engagement that could not be changed.

Dicko, I don't think there were any problems with 36er fans but I did see a few dragons being held in glass cases. They appeared to be sleepy, much like their namesakes on the court. Maybe they were just hammered.

Reply #152768 | Report this post

Yvonne  
Years ago

Selection of images from yesterday's Members Day now on line:

http://tinyurl.com/2fxnsd

www.yvonnemilbank.com

Reply #152769 | Report this post

a copy of video of the members day will be available shortly at

www.youtube.com/auslot

the photoball king
www.thephotoballkings.com
you capture the moment we create the memento

Reply #152789 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

The day was great. It would have been even better if the free entry time had been extended. My oldest one has practise between 10 and 11 on Sunday morning and we got there late.

Reply #152794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #153036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont expect to see Brett do anything other than play

Reply #153037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was there free jelly?

Reply #153039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BRETT HAD A COMMITMENT WITH DIABETES SA AS THE MC WHICH HAD BEEN ORGANISED WAY IN ADVANCE. THEY WERE ONLY TOLD RE THE MEMBERS FAMILY DAY IN THE LAST WEEK OR SO....SO YOU THINK HE SHOULD JUST CANCEL WITH A CHARITY ORGANISATION THAT HAD ASKED HIM A MONTH OR TWO AGO. I DON'T THINK SO...I THINK IT GREAT OF HIM TO ACTUALLY LEND HIS TIME TO A CHARITY ORGANISATION...

Reply #153104 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:59 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754