afroman jnr
Years ago

36ers vs Breakers, Oct 18

with the game this thursday and no thread started just wondering people tips and thoughts for the game.

also davidson is still out so theres a big loss for the sixers

my opinion 6ers by 7

Topic #13111 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

This is a test for both teams, each tipped to finish in that 5-8th bracket.

If the Breakers can't get over Adelaide without Davidson, then they're in trouble.

Then, based on NZ's only win coming from them scraping in at home against the poor Crocs, if Adelaide can't get up (even without Davidson) then they have things to work on.

Smyth's said Chappell's back is now fine, so I reckon this is the game where he needs to fire up and show what he can do.

Not sure who to tip, but I think it will be close either way.

Reply #152838 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

NZ haven't been great despite a reasonable looking team on paper. I really want NZ to succeed after so much failure but not on Thursday! Go Sixers! Adelaide by 10 points and Chappell to have a good one.

Reply #152841 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I think NZ will get over adelaide by less than 8 points... Penney will be firing 3's all game

Reply #152843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Penney will be firing 3's all game" - yeah but only when he should be passing. I liked it how Boti said Kirk Penney only managed 1 assist in last rounds game and that was when he passed Mika Vikona (Spelling?) a towel at half time.

Reply #152848 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

A very important game for both sides. A loss will vault NZ above the Sixers on the table, and although it is very early in the season, it could remain that way for the rest of the year. On the other hand, a win to the Sixers would give them a two game 'break' on the breakers, who they will definitely be fighting with at the end of the season for a finals berth.

I hope the Sixers can get up, but despite a good showing in Perth, I am not sure that they can get up. I am going to be positive in this one, and say Sixers by 1.

Reply #152857 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

With davo I'd be confident,now just hopeful. If Chappell fires 36ers would win by six.

Reply #152858 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Centrebet have their odds up:

1. NEW ZEALAND BREAKERS
1.47 -7.5 : 2.10 -5.0 : 1.90
2. ADELAIDE 36ERS
2.70 +3.5 : 2.10 +5.0 : 1.90

Game Total
(203.5) : 1.90 (203.5) : 1.90

Win Margin (Under 10.5 / Over 10.5)

NEW ZEALAND BREAKERS 2.65 3.00
ADELAIDE 36ERS 3.85 7.75

Scoring Pack
PENNEY, Kirk (NZL) 3.10
BALLINGER, Adam (ADE) 3.55
MAHER, Brett (ADE) 4.00
RICKERT, Rick (NZL) 5.10
JONES, Phill (NZL) 9.00

Player Performance - RICKERT, Rick (NZL)
17 Points or Under 2.30
18 To 21 Points 3.75
22 Points or Over 2.45

Player Performance - BALLINGER, Adam (ADE)
19 Points or Under 2.50
20 To 23 Points 3.90
24 Points or Over 2.20

I reckon Breakers by under 10, Penney to lead the pack and Rickert 17 or under?

Reply #152859 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

I'm going to say Breakers by at least 10.

Hopefully we will see the 3 ointers, such as Oscar, Kirk and Phill find there groove and help us to gain our second win.

Reply #152928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would I be right in saying that the game stars at 4 o'clock Adelaide time?

Reply #152951 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:32 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754