nounsa
Years ago

Locked: Lesser Known Umpire vs Roger Shiels

apparently during the masters games, which were held last week, a lesser known umpire told a guy named Roger Shiels who was playing in the over 60s league to "come back and speak to me when you learn the rules!". now, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the name Roger Shiels, he is a current NBL referee and 3 time Olympic games referee. nice one ump. not the fizziest drink in the fridge are we?

Topic #13118 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

hahaha

Reply #152872 | Report this post

Neville Nobody  
Years ago

I'll bet Roger Shiels would have known by whom he was being challenged. Roger knows you can't put brains in a monument. xxxx is a legend in his own lunch time. Just ask xxxx and he will tell you! I can't believe Roger was speechless but probably didn't want to show xxxx up for the fool he is.

Reply #152874 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

This thread will be locked soon but very funny stuff!

Reply #152877 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Why would the thread be locked. There are facts being stated and nobody has been slandered.

Reply #152879 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sure, it's funny, but let's not drag out the pain. Actually, might edit the name out and people can appreciate the humour without outright naming the umpire in question.

Replies to come, please honour that.

Note: A quick look around on Sporting Pulse shows that the umpire did not ref Shiels as alleged?

Reply #152882 | Report this post

'apparently' is such a dangerous word

Reply #152888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Try Bankstown 55's with Robby Cadee and Dean Dempsy. Roger's mates with them maybe?

Reply #152889 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Dr. I said that before Isaac did some editing. The ref that was in question usually gets onto to Isaac to either have the thread removed or locked thats why I said it. He can be a bit touchy about things that are said about him. Thats all!

Reply #152890 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Alas, everyone knows who is being talked about. Knowing Roger he probably didn't make any comment to the referee about his ridiculous statement/comment. It also surprises me that the referee didn't know who Roger was, given the fact that they both come from NSW. Unfortunately the referee thinks he is the ultimate gift to basketball at all levels and can't accept the fact that he has limited knowledge and even less acceptance in basketball circles.

Reply #152895 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kahuna, just confirming that I did indeed have a high priority complaint in my inbox threatening legal action shortly after this thread was put up.

Regardless, I'm yet to see any real evidence that said umpire made said comment to Roger.

Reply #152896 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:29 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754