If the NBA was in Australia

Must be a slow day for me to think of this.
If the NBA was in Australia which cities would match up to an NBA team.

I reckon Perth would be the Lakers. The glory days of being run by a great point guard with some hall of fame forwards.

The pigs would be New Jersey. They have thrown together some great rosters but never quite gotten over the line.

Cairns would be the Knicks, a big pay roll that until now is yet to do some damage.

Topic #13123 | Report this topic

Ron Burgandy  
Years ago

Adelaide would be Portland, a few good playoff years here and there

Reply #152935 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

The Tigers and Boston.

They where lead for years by a whiley white guy who could shoot the rock and was quite unatheletic but due to being complemented by a great centre a some great role players where always a team to beat.

They have since rebuilt their team around a 7 footer who has shooting range.

Reply #152940 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sydney could be Detroit. Defensive, boring and you want to punch them in the face.

Reply #152942 | Report this post

Dirty Day  
Years ago

Ron Burgandy, the 36ers are tied for most NBL titles. Portland has 1 title and bunch of "what if" years.

Reply #152944 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I would like to think Adelaide is Chicago.

A great team lead by a league great that could spank any one and since that group has been broken up the club has struggled to find its way again.

Also geographically it is in the middle of the country, surely that counts. Ok so not physically in the middle but you know what i mean.

Reply #152948 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I think Adelaide as Phoenix - run and gun, a couple of athletic guys and a laid back coach

Reply #152953 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What about Adelaide and Boston? Great history and some championships in its past. Was crap last year, but could be a better chance this year?

Maher is the lone-hand of Paul Pierce from last season. Chappell matches the addition of Ray Allen. Then Ballinger can be KG, without the assists.

Maybe Bill Simmons can then hate on Smyth every article.

I was a skeptic Chaz, but interesting topic!

Reply #152954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

adelaide is also in the middle of nowhere

Reply #152981 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754