Anonymous
Years ago

Play the game on the court

I don't have any affiliation with any club, but all this twoing and froing over players moving if clubs perceive themselves as being better coaches, trainers etc. and wanting players, metro or country then good luck, sounds like a recipe for disaster so leave them to it. And who is this South player that keeps getting mentioned, if all the south team was out at training then it must only be a ring in wanting to be seen as being up there, I don't think so... the bench must be looking good. It would appear that some clubs do give preference to country players. Look at Forestville both the U14G's and U16G's are country state coaches. rumour has it they allow girls who do not train to walk into div 1 at the expense of players equally as good who always attend training& what's that all about. I say well done to all country players and their parents who commit to a club, attend training and make the effort, they deserve their spot, but to those who don't train with the team shame on you and the coaches. No matter what, poaching, recruiting etc will always go on and the bottom line is if players don't want to move they won't! Play the game on the court where it belongs.

Topic #13124 | Report this topic

BottomLine  
Years ago

You dont seem to understand the impact basketball has on these kid's lives.

BottomLine is its easy to get a naive kid and parent to move club's. Poaching does a hell of a lot of damage to those involved.

It needs to be shunned and stopped.

Reply #152957 | Report this post

School's Out  
Years ago

I think school's out for the day! All the kiddies are firing up their myspace, msn and HoopsSA. Can we lock this before it turns ugly. No new points raised, just another battleground waiting to happen.

Reply #152958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree lock it away enough is enough.

Reply #152959 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why would you say "Play the game on the court" after a rant likely to inflame members of at least a few clubs?

Reply #152960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No affiliation with any club.....yeah right.

Play the game on the court.....then take a massive pot at Forestville and South (amongst other things).

You stay classy anonymous sniper!

Reply #152962 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

as an outsider..the entertainment value of the poaching posts is fantastic..please dont lock.

hehehe

set them free,
if they come back they are yours...
if they dont...
they never were

lololol

Reply #152983 | Report this post

(#13124)

Forget the crap about "I don't have any affiliation with any club" You are a liar.

I find your comments regarding the "training" situation at Forestville misleading and disgraceful. What is it you are trying to achieve?

You are without doubt a parent that still has a huge chip on your hefty shoulders after leaving the club within the last 12 months; my best guess is you didnt just leave in the last few weeks.

Just a reminder that the U14's finished 2nd from the season just past while the U16's finished top. Not bad for a club that has so many "issues" when it comes to training, is it?

It is a fact that all the players know what the training situation is for both of the teams you so spitefully mentioned; so whats your problem?

Just be happy that your girl has a chance to play Div1 at another club and leave your small minded comments to yourself.

Reply #153158 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:58 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754