Isaac
Years ago

Hawks cut import James Peters

No surprises here. The Wollongong Hawks have cut import James Peters who has missed recent games through a groin injury but was also termed "not the right fit" by coach Eric Cooks.

Here was my tip in the pre-season:

First NBL import to get dropped?

My picks - though not sure that these teams can afford to cut and sign as they please!

1. Peters (Hawks)
2. DeVries (Pigs)
3. Hawkins (Blaze)

DeVries is doing OK. Hawkins hasn't been dominating after that decent opening game, but you never know if Joyce could get ruthless - might be saved by the fact that he dishes a decent number of assists for his position.

As for Peters, is anyone really that shocked?

Topic #13142 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

if the hawks actually find a decent replacement they could really trouble some people IMO.
Next import to go will be Jason Crowe.

Reply #153292 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Doesn't surprise me at all, Peters really only seemed to have athleticism in his favour and didn't really seem to adapt the the NBL style.

Reply #153296 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Not surprised. Had athleticism, but nothing else.. Gives Wollongong a chance to give their team a big boost with a good import. Wouldn't be surprised if Shane Heal disposes of Nick Horvath next. He's notorious crap at playing D and hasn't been fantastic in offence either from what I've seen.

Reply #153302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal wants to get rid of Horvath but wants to hold onto him til next season when he is a citizen.

Reply #153352 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

who is the idiot that said jason crowe will b the next import to go..Crowe is one of the best..If your talking about cutting him..ur taking about getting rid of an ex-nba player who played for the clippers not that long ago..and which coach would b silly enough to do that??

To me the next import to go will possibly be DeVries..Turner is another for the breakers but without Henare they will need him to fill the PG spot coz Kersten doesnt have the experience to play the PG spot as a role player or starter

Reply #153582 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:57 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754