Anfield
Years ago

Old NBL Game Tapes

I've posted this request on another forum as well and I thought I'd try my luck here.

For the past couple years, I have been looking around unsuccessfully for old NBL game tapes. Being an old Magic/Titans fan, I have particularly been looking for the NBL Grand Finals series of 92 and 96 on tape and also that epic overtime match between the Tigers and Titans where blood was spilt everywhere. With so many NBL fans on this board, I know someone out there has copies of these games or any other NBL games at home somewhere. If anyone can help me out, could you please post what you have on here. I am sure other people are also interested in what games people have in their archives.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks heaps.

Topic #13150 | Report this topic

Buns of Steel  
Years ago

Sorry I erased my copy of the Giants V 6ers game 1 of the grand final series that we lost by a point as soon as I got home from the stadium.

Reply #153446 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I used to have a tape of the game where Rupert Sapwell and the sixers went nutso on the 3 pointers in the final. Never seen so many bank 3s in my life haha. Dont know where the tape is now though.

Reply #153464 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I have the tape of the game where Maher hit 11 of 12 3's - watch it every now and then ... the commentators are so non chalant about the whole thing

Reply #153469 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Anfield, send your details to Isaac and he can email me. I can probably help with 1992 SE Magic v Melbourne Tigers finals series.

Reply #153538 | Report this post

Anfield  
Years ago

Thanks MG,
I have sent an email to Isaac to pass on to you. I eagerly await your reply. Thanks again. Appreciate it.

Reply #153576 | Report this post

Anfield  
Years ago

It's really frustrating because I used to have the 96 GF series on tape. But back then, I watched them over and over religiously and had watched them that many times that I thought I'd never want to watch them again, so I overwrote them. It's one of the biggest regrets of my life! I will never make that mistake again, I keep every tape even if I haven't watched them in years.

Reply #153577 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

what's a video tape????

Reply #153581 | Report this post

Anfield  
Years ago

If anyone if interested, I have the following on either tape or DVD:
-lead up game to sydney 2000 9/9/00 aus v usa
-sydney 2000 womens gold medal match aus v usa
-sydney 2000 mens bronze medal match aus v ltu
-athens 2004 aus v usa

-the original 1992 dream team games

I am more than happy to share these with anyone interested.

Another tape I'm interested in is "One Magic Year". It was a season review of the Magic's inaugural NBL season.

Reply #153904 | Report this post

Anfield  
Years ago

Moses Guthrie,
In reply to your post about you being able to help me out with the 92 grand final game tapes, I emailed Isaac and asked him to forward the message on to you. I haven't as yet heard back yet and Isaac said he might have had the wrong email address for you. If you get this message, are you able to email me on [email protected] regarding this.
Thanks.

Reply #155350 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754