Not happy Jan
Years ago

Neil Stanton quits as Lightning announcer

N Stanton has quit as court announcer.

I can not believe people are walking out on the girls in there time of need.

Come on Adelaide people - stick with your team who have a championship to win!!!!!!!

I can't believe the Manager has walked out

Vicki will be a terrific coach - get behind her

Topic #13151 | Report this topic

new start  
Years ago

yes vicky is a decent person and she has a opportunity to stand tall amongst all this.

Reply #153380 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Marg Williamson has been the most dedicated manager for that club. Has spent countless hours in a selfless display of commitment over the years.

For her to quit it puts perspective on what transpired.

Reply #153384 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

I can't come to terms with why you would go straight to the media. I would have thought going to someone in BA or BSA or even the WNBL itself would have been a better way to deal with it.

Instead we let everyone know and then try and let a team play as a team. The owners actions may have been bad however, a successful coach has just brought the whole game into disrepute.

Reply #153416 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's inevitable it would get into the media. Who wouldn't get there first?

Reply #153422 | Report this post

Neville Nobody  
Years ago

Now I suppose xxxx xxxxxxxx will apply for the job. Let's see how the fans react to his call of the game?

Reply #153425 | Report this post

loyalty two ways  
Years ago

Not Happy Jan,

I can not believe people are walking out on the girls in there time of need.

Perhaps all these people, and it's pretty much everyone bar the players and Boyd, feel that if one employee (the coach) can be treated with such contempt by the owner, then it's not the place they thought it was. Perhaps they don't feel the fabric of the place is one in which they wish to spend their time. That one of their own has been unjustly dealt with.

I can't believe the Manager has walked out

Agree with thedoctor. Marg has been there since the inception of the Lightning, and has spent as many hours working/volunteering for the organisation as anyone. For her to feel she needed to quit says a lot about what transpired and which "side" to take for mine.

Reply #153428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

please no jl.

Reply #153493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vicky will do exactly as she is btold. Thats why she is there. Angela has always been a spoilt little girl and I vivdly remeber temper tantrums in her days as a Whyalla Stealer.

Reply #153626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesnt matter that Ninnis and Wong quit. Erin Phillips did a fantastic job as assistant coach for the girls this weekend. Vicki wont need an assistant for games as she has erin until erin is able to play again. Even then, it is likely they wont need an assistant.

Reply #153891 | Report this post

I might not matter that they quit, but it matters why they quit!

Reply #153892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reading some of these replies and i can see how old these people are!

Reply #153914 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Yes these people have been around a long time and have done a fantastic job. It maybe time for a change I don't know? Lets not forget the effort these people have put in over the years of service. We should at least say thank you for a tireless and sometimes thankless job you all have done.

Reply #153950 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:48 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754