Johnny Sack
Years ago

NBA ROY??? Open Competition???

Everyone harps about Durant being the lock for ROY with Oden out but... i'm not so sure...

Horford - Very nice player on a power college team... Could be a monster in the pro game (freed of the college game's shackles)... Has shown some flashes in the PS - and he has an NBA ready body (unlike Durant)...

Rougie...

Navarro - The guy is in range when he steps into the building. He's already had 2 games with 5 3s in the pre-season (yeah it's PS i know - but i have seen this guy play a lot in intl. competitions and reckon he is going to be some player in the NBA)...

Any other thoughts...

Topic #13160 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Al Thornton has been ripping it up. He's my dark horse to take out the ROY. Once again it's only PS, but he's looking pretty good.

Horford has been a mini Dwight Howard so far for the Hawks. It seems they have finally got a draft pick right. Also looks like Marvin has finally worked it out.

The Hawks could be a dark horse this year especially if Law III can step up, JJ continues to play like an all-star.

Reply #153539 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sh*t.... did I really just type that the Hawks could be a darkhorse team....

Reply #153540 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

hahaha i reckon navarro will win it..he never entered my mind when thinking bout ROY..but i mean this guys played pro ball in the euroleague and played for the spain team who are the world champs..he is my pick..

Reply #153578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mike Conley Jr will get it

Reply #153584 | Report this post

You must be insane if you think durant wont win. hes on a bad team and is the go to guy

Reply #153601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DUUUURANT IS A STEP ABOVE THE REST!! He will average 20ppg and like 7 boards. HANDS DOWN!!! Even with Oden Durant still would have won it!!

Reply #153618 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Call me stupid, but I think that Jeff Green will end up having a better rookie year than KD. Durant will be doubled all season and he still hasn't been able to get it going from the floor so far this pre season. Now, I'm not saying that Green will end up the better player, but Durant is still a skinny, not overly athletic kid who will have to adjust to a bigger, stronger league. I think maybe 15-20 ppg for Durant is acheiveable, but any more than about 5 boards is not something I'm expecting and I doubt that he will be much of a distributor. I'm looking at Green to have 12/5/5 sort of season.

If I had to put players in order right now, I'd say:

Horford - Could get 14/10 if given the time
Navarro - Veteran who will adjust a lot easier than most other rooks.
Green - As said above, all round numbers
Durant - Maybe 16/5/2
Thornton - Will have a decent year, especially with no Brand in his way.
Yi - Could put up some nice numbers eventually, 12 ppg
Conley - Will have to win his minutes, but could lead rookies in assists and steals

Reply #153622 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

and you don't think Durant is going to see a double for ever second he's on the court, plus the oppositions best defender. The Sonics don't have another scoring option outside of Durant. It's going to be a tough 82 games for him.

Hell, let Collison, Wilcox and Ridnour try and beat you.

Reply #153630 | Report this post

Edinburgh  
Years ago

Durant will win by a MILE.

Can anyone explain how Thornton is getting drafted out of college at the age of 24? Hes already older than established guys like Howard, LeBron...

Reply #153641 | Report this post

Edinburgh  
Years ago

ANYONE?!?

Reply #154149 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

10-15 years ago that was the norm (guys staying in college the full 4 years)... Gradually guys have been declaring earlier and earlier for the draft - even declaring while high schoolers... Sign `o the times... Surprised he stayed in school so long (considering how talented he is - at least he can probably string a sentence together)...

Reply #154174 | Report this post

moose 15  
Years ago

College starts at 18, so 22 should be the age of people leaving. Plus, i have heard reports that he still can't string a setence together, so it obviously didn;t work

Reply #154339 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Durant will be a great scorer i have no doubts about that-but i think he will take alot of shots per game
Wouldnt suprise me to see him go 35 % fg and still shoot 20 shots..he is that kind of player! he will still shoot the ball even when he is missing!!

Reply #155392 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:37 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754