Ingles13
Years ago

Kings vs 36ers, Wed Oct 24

Better start up a forum about the upcoming game between 36ers and kings..

Who is your pick to win and by how much?
Who will top score for each team?

My tip is sydney to win by 15 and worthington to lead the pack in scoring

Topic #13201 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Kings by 10+. Maher to lead Adelaide and Smith or Worthington to top Sydney.

However, whenever I expect us to get drilled on the road, sometimes we pull out a win (see Melbourne game last year), so who knows!

Reply #154056 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

you are quite right there Isaac.. about predicting us to get drilled on the road but getting a shock win.. but I do think that if we do get into a nice scoring run, Goorj will call a time out and stop the 36ers.. Syndey are too talented, smart and better coached than the 36ers.. Sydeny beat brisbane last week at brisbane's home ground, so there's really no reason why they can't dispose of Adelaide at home.

Reply #154057 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Is Davidson a chance to play? The original injury report was that he was a chance to make this game.

Anyway, Sydney coming off of a shock derby loss will come out firing. The Sixers, well they look a little worse for wear at the moment. Not a nice way to end a fraught 4-game road trip.

Sydney by 25-30. Kendall (just to annoy me) to top score.

Reply #154058 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Adelaide by 13, Burdon to top score and the crowd to be at capacity

Reply #154059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney by 15+++

Reply #154061 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

XY, not sure, but I did spot this on Wakefield Sports Clinic's site:

36ERS' physios Mike Woodcock and Kym Eyers - both of the Wakefield Sports Clinic - say Brad's rotation of his torso is severely restricted, and progress has been slow, but positive.

Reply #154063 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Adelaide to win by 40. J.Diddy and BJ Carter to top score and Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer to do the National Anthem as a Duet!!!

Like its gonna happen. Sydney by 5. I think we might pull something out of out butts

Reply #154065 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

for the punters, sydney 11+,combined score about 210 and i think ballinger or worthington will top score, if we decide to give him the ball.oh yeah ill go out on a limb and say adelaide half time and kings fulltime.hopefully im wrong in all those, go sixers.

Reply #154066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings to win 135-80, adelaide will simply be outcoached, Isaac, even if we do pull out a win like in melbourne last year what does that mean? absolutely nothing because it would just be luck playing its part again and losing to the crocs in the fashion 36ers did will still not be justifed.

Reply #154073 | Report this post

sushi cowboy  
Years ago

but how many times will the game tape be watched aftrwards? ;-)

Reply #154075 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Adelaide will have to lube up before the game otherwise it's gonna hurt...

Kings by 18 and the sixers will receive another reaming on the boards.

Worthington to be the game topscorer, followed by Maher and then Kendall.

Reply #154077 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The 36ers have a tough game ahead of them but the previous road losses should serve as a warning. If they can't go into this game giving it everything they've got, then it is time for a re shuffle of the team. If they can't learn from past mistakes, they may as well stay at home. My instincts tell me that they are going into this game starving hungry for a win and like vultures, will make a dart for its prey. They now the Adelaide fans are sick to death of what has been served up to them until now.

Reply #154097 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Correction - "They know the Adelaide......"

Reply #154098 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Sydney by 30+ or Sixers will win. This one will black or white.

Reply #154103 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Has anyone got the odds on the Vanilla Ice/MC Hammer duet?

Reply #154134 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

Kings by 25 and Smyth on the game:

"Yeah, look it was always going to be tough coming in here against a top 4 side, especially after a long road trip and without Davidson. Also we are playing with a new group of guys that need a chance to gel. Add to that the fact that we haven't seen a lot of Sydney this year it made it pretty tough to get a win here tonight, especially seeing as we weren't up by 10 down the stretch."

Reply #154139 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

'Our effort was great. We executed well, the shots just didn't drop. That sometimes happens on the road. We need to stay focused on the big picture though and make sure we are heading in the right direction. Anybody got some gel? No.....ok, I'm off to watch the game tape 3 times. First to see how we were boned, second to see how we were boned and third to see how we were boned. What's that?.....Why didn't I go to the press conference after getting pumped by 40? Well nobody came and got me, and those corridors are loooong, easy to get lost.'

Reply #154146 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

According to Ozhoops, the King's second import Isiah Victor has not been cleared for tomorrow nights game so the excuse about Davidson not playing doesn't really wash as the Kings also have a significant player missing.

Reply #154148 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

"We didn't bring in an Anstey or a Mackinnon during the offseason and they brought in a Saville so realistically we were never a chance to win this game."

Reply #154150 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

lol @ the post game Smyth comments. Sounds pretty much on the money to me! I also think either it will be Sydney by 20+ or the Sixers to surprise them and win but perhaps that is more wishful thinking then anything else.

Reply #154163 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Kings by 30+

"The plane ride over was terrible - overbooked and the ten players had to share five seats. I couldn't get the rotations right and Chappell did his back again. The elevator in our hotel got stuck between floors and made us late to our pre-game session. We may have to wait a few more weeks to gel now, because our schedule has been interrupted. We are looking forward to losing "oops, I mean playing" at home after all these games away. I have asked the time keepers to slow down the time out clock so that we can chat a bit longer before delivery to the players on whether to foul or not down the stretch - will depend on the score - we only have to be 5 up at home going into the final quarter"

Reply #154172 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Mark Nash to come out of retirement and top score with 4 points!

Reply #154177 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

The glass is half empty. Kings by 40.

Reply #154197 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Spinner, I think you have a good 4 - 6 weeks of excuses there!

Squid, bet that tasted horrible to say, even with the sarcasm..

Head says Kings by 12, heart says Sixers by 4.

That said, prob Kings.

Reply #154208 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Forgot, Maher with 28, Saville to tear us one with 22.

Reply #154209 | Report this post

Big anon  
Years ago

kings by a country mile...
make that 27 country miles!

Reply #154210 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No excuses about how tough it was against a top 4 team. We were supposed to recruit a top 4 team in the off season. I expected a team this season that was going to challenge the top 4 teams.

Reply #154213 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Taxi for Smyth!!

Reply #154218 | Report this post

Big anon  
Years ago

lol funny shit here

Reply #154222 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

Copeland to top score for 6'ers , Sydney to have 5 different players in double figures , you work out the sums were gonna be streched let's hope we play better D

Reply #154226 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

In today's paper Smyth says they are prepared for the Kings. He talks about how they are going to get physical and adopt an attitude of do unto them as they would unto you,. He gives away his game plan which I thought would be very helpful to the Kings. How clever is that?

Reply #154230 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

All Phil does is talk.... and talk.... and talk.... except during timeouts..

Surely it has come to the time where the talking has to stop and actions have to begin. Maybe the embarrassment of the crocs game will light a fire under some ar$es.

Isn't there some crap like "walking the talk"??? so far the talking has been done, but I've seen little walking.

Isn't there another saying "talking is cheap"???

Does Adelaide actually have anyone that can play a physical game to begin with. We seem to be more of a finesse team than a physical team.

If Davidson was playing then I'd be happy with this approach, at least he has some attitude in him, I don't see any other attitude on the roster or enforcer for that matter....

Marshmallows anyone????

Reply #154235 | Report this post

Years ago

EC. doing that usually involves us getting lots of fouls and then the result blamed on refs.

Reply #154243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

really hope the radio link works cause i don't have fox.

Reply #154283 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Yes EC, that won't happen as it is not how they train week in, week out. It is not part of their culture and as 911 eludes to - will result in fouls. As any coach (real coach) knows you can't turn this on and off like a tap. It has to be part of your fabric and whilst you may see a push/shove or raised elbow on a screen initially tonight, it will not be sustained. It (this aggressiveness) will not show itself for the full 48mins. simply because it is contrived for one game and not second nature for theses guys. You play how you train and trainings are piss weak.

Reply #154298 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:46 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754