Anon
Years ago

Perth's New Import: Gerald Brown

Perth's New Import!

Check out nbl.com.au:

"The Perth Wildcats have switched imports, axing pint-sized guard Rashad Phillips in favour of former NBA player Gerald Brown."

Topic #13203 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Come on Phil. Perth have set the standard. If things aren't going to plan, make a bold move.

Oh, thats right...........there is no plan!!!!!!

Reply #154089 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

i sh*ts me when people write anon, they dont mind speaking there mind but are too piss week to put there name to it. Nobody should be getting the sack from the 36ers, we were never going to win in townsville after a huge road trip, this isnt the lightning. i wonder if any of the perth players can keep up the 7 assists a game.

Reply #154091 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

so skink is your name is it?

Reply #154092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"we were never going to win in townsville after a huge road trip" - You sound like Phil - "we can't beat the 2nd worst team because we're tired".

Reply #154095 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

I expected to see the 36ers win....not just in Townsville!!!

Reply #154096 | Report this post

skink/wayne/phil  
Years ago

ive got many names. we lost to 2 top 4 sides,now playing our 3rd game in 6 days on the road again, and you think being tired has nothing to do with it yeah write. theres many other posts on this topic and not everyone will ever agree on solutions. back to the original post... i think they will regret letting phillips go.

Reply #154104 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

I thought he was pretty tough!!! Was quick and could shoot from deep too... Not the greatest point guard but was solid and got it done..

Reply #154107 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I guess he wasn't "The Answer" :P

Reply #154127 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Skink - we didn't win any of our games on the road. The Crocs game was just the thick layer of shit on the cake.

Reply #154133 | Report this post

Cats wax  
Years ago

I dont think it was such a bad move at all. He shot selection was very poor. Despite his 7 assists he was mostly a hungry player who i think didnt lead the team or make the big plays when they were needed. No doubt he could shake em off the dribble but thats not going to win Perth a championship.

Reply #154171 | Report this post

skink/wayne/phil  
Years ago

doc agree with you 100%, bit did you think we would beat perth over there? or win at the swamp after 3 consecutive rd games, 1 of which was in nz. I heard that it was longly that brought brown to the club, i wonder how much influence or "strong hand" tactics he has on tom hanks, even though he stated in the press conf. that he was not the write fit.

Reply #154178 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I think given the team we have, we should have beaten NZ and Townsville. I think rotations were terrible by Phil, and the defensive strategy was shithouse. Constant screen switching had mismatches everywhere.

And Townsville suck. They have been bad all year. We got absolutely raped. I don't mind a fade out after a long road trip, but they never showed up in the first place.

My point is the criticism levelled at the team isn't motivated by the Townsville loss - the problems were there before that game.

Reply #154183 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Correct, Doc.

Reply #154184 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

"The Crocs game was just the thick layer of shit on the cake"

Quote of the day.....

Reply #154202 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

154104,3 games in 6 days!

You should check out an NBA team draw.

Reply #154205 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Correct these guys have nothing else to do but play basketball. 3 games a week should be nothing.Get fit or get out!

Reply #154239 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754