afroman jnr
Years ago

36ers Vs Kings Tonight Definite Spoiler incl.

what time does the match start tonight? what are people thoughts of the game?

is the game on foxtel tonight?

my thought, unfortuently sydney by 13

peoples thoughts?

Topic #13229 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

First play of the night, Sav with an O board over Chappell, next play Chappell defensive foul next play Sutton with a air ball 3...

At least Chappell hit that three...

Defence already sucks...

Reply #154356 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

stupid choice playign zone against sydney, they have already hit 2 or 3 threes.

Reply #154358 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

27 - 15 Sydney
2 minutes to go in the first quarter.

Reply #154360 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

what is stupid is allowing Worthington to post up Maher and not double down...

Reply #154361 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Anyone know a radio feed for the game?

Reply #154362 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sturty, better whack a spoiler in the title otherwise people are going to biatch and moan...

Reply #154363 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Dench bringing the ball up.... my god....

Reply #154364 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Radio's meant to be on the NBL site (http://nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=72662) but quess what... it's not working! Surpise, surprise.

Reply #154365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is hard to watch...

A Kersten, Matthews, or Zorich would be handy tonight.

Maybe they could actually get the ball over half court with some sort of composure.

Reply #154366 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Darren NG is an absolute liability.
I get the feeling already that the Kings are toying with us. This could be very embarrassing.
Is everyone sick of the same old process with the time outs in that while the opposition coach is giving his palyers advice, our 2 guys spend half the time out talking to each other?! Surely they can do that before the time out!
Then when we did have one of those time outs, we immediately lost the ball from a side ball!!!! Nice work guys.

Reply #154367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no radio but play by play by irc thanks to derek @ ozhoops

Reply #154368 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

We suck ..
If the coach is comatose , how can the players show signs of life ..
This stupid scrambling zone has enabled the kings 7 uncontested 3 pt conversions in the first 1/4 .
We are just really bad , slow , uninspired and lacking direction .
All is not well in sixers land .

Reply #154369 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

TR, Done.

Reply #154370 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

They took the radio coverage page off the nbl website cos it wasnt working. Another embrassment!!!

Reply #154371 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

We outright suck at the moment... how many uncontested jumpers and layups does it take before Phil removes his head from his ar$e???

How many time are we going to go one-on-one in the post when they have the advantage without doubling down????

9 &$#*ing turnovers already.

All the threes we are taking are all contested.

They are toying with us like a cat toys with a dead bird before depositing it on the front doorstep...

Reply #154373 | Report this post

: Cat 20  
Years ago

Sutton is as bad as Ng, everytime he gets the ball he drives down the left side of the court and then gets double teamed and looses the ball.

Reply #154374 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

thanks sturty, forgot to add that

c'mon 6ers get bak in it

Reply #154375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey says it again, Dench won a championship when he was 'Rookie of the Year' while at Wollongong.

Reply #154376 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I truly thought this would be a good year for us and now the familiar smell of 06/07 is wafting beneath my nostrils.

Reply #154377 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Adelaide 9 fouls in the second quarter.....

Reply #154378 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Tovey is giving us a lesson.... that's embarrassing..

Reply #154379 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

and Phil just sits on his seat like a vulture sits on roadkill.....

59-44 at the 1/2...

Reply #154380 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Half time 59 - 44 Sydney.

Reply #154381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dench's numbers haven't improved since his rookie season. Infact they've got slightly worse. Probably one of the worst "former rookie of the year" players.

Reply #154382 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

You working TR?

Reply #154383 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

again we F*** up down the stretch..

Reply #154384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on Ballinger!

Reply #154386 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Is it me or has anyone noticed that as soon as one of our players actually gets a bit hot, they are benched? What is this bloke doing?!!!
Cop our brilliant offences too!

Reply #154387 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

This game isn't over we are only 15 down........

Reply #154389 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

just knocked off at 7:30... I should of stayed at work and done stuff instead of watching this

Reply #154390 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

It was a 40 point loss last year to these guys. Anyone want to predict the final outsome tonight?

Reply #154391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People who are watching fox, I know Copes has 12 points but how he actually been playing?

Reply #154393 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It does seem like if you score a few, you get benched.

Reply #154394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's Phil for ya.

Reply #154395 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Actually Copeland is going pretty well, it is sad though when he is our top score at half time.
Dench is doing an excellent job playing the point too!

Reply #154396 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Tovey would start in our team at the minute .

Sorry to be so negative but this team is getting worse.

You can tell by watching us tonight how badly drilled we are , how lackadaisical the coach is , how god damn impotent this group has become under this laissez faire system .

The first thing my missus that hardly watches hoops at all says when she sees Phil and Breheny during the timeout is how old and lethargic they both looked and it is true .

They have no answers .

Reply #154397 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Play Like We did against The Dragons In that 3rd Quarter and we would be rite.. but no we will never see that again..

Reply #154398 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

My missus watched it for the first quarter and she's hardly a basketball watcher and said Adelaide look unorganized, running around with their heads cut off and not a lot of communication at the defensive end.

Things which would be improved with training...

Reply #154399 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anyone know what the score is?

Reply #154400 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

61 - 48..

Reply #154401 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

63 - 50..

Reply #154402 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

you don't want to know...

65-50 with 7:00 to go in the 3rd

Reply #154403 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

what is with ballinger ? 4 points 2 boards thats really bad, that said not to many good guys out there at the moment.

Reply #154404 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

17 turnovers already.....

thank god Sydney have gone stone cold from the arc..

Reply #154405 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Dont you mean if it wasnt for chappel and copeland scoring.. it would be very sad!..

Reply #154406 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I was unfortunate enough to be at last years game when we down by 40 at the Purple Palace. Glad I'm not there this time.

Reply #154407 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Ng unsportsman like? Huh!

Reply #154408 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Its onli 12 points..

Reply #154409 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Ng for 3 back to 9 points

Reply #154410 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That unsportsman was garbage, yeah a foul but c'mon...

Sydney have really screwed this game, they are now turning the ball over as much as Adelaide.

Maybe that was Phil's brilliant game plan, reduce the standard of the game to the lowest level and drag this thing out. It's working at the moment..

Reply #154411 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

how much time left? wats the score?

Reply #154412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mahersy's 3/10 from the field!

Reply #154413 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

back to 5 dont lose hope..

Reply #154414 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

3 minutes to go in 3rd..

Reply #154415 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

How's Chappell playing Fox viewers?

68-63!
3:20 3rd

Reply #154417 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

down by 8 now.

Reply #154418 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

74-65 Sydney

End of the 3rd.

Reply #154419 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Cmoc Sixers bring this one home!

Reply #154420 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

He's doing ok. A nice block early in the 3rd and he's hitting some shots.

IMO the reason it's close is more to Sydney going cold and Adelaide coming out more aggressive after the 1/2. Fingers crossed we'll keep that aggression and roll over the top..

We are still playing terribly, but hey, it's a 9 point ball game to start the 4th.

Reply #154421 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Well that was a whole lot better! Full marks to Ng that quarter, he put some real pressure on them by going to the ring.
Obviously Mottram is not going to be given any significant time once more - does make you wonder what the hell he is doing in the side.
Don't think we are going to quite get there, one has the feeling that The Kings can always pull something out when required.

Reply #154422 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Chapell has been so so , still labouring , but hitting a few shots . I would say still below par .

Great to see Ninja attack the game , everyone else then lifted .

Sydney are still the dirtiest bunch of ass monkeys , and Jason Smith is the ringleader . He really is just a cheap whiny bitch .

Reply #154423 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

shhhhhiittttttt...... crosswhite now hitting from the arc..

82-67 9:40 to go.

Reply #154424 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Give Chappell Credit Guys.. Hes Getting There.. Alot Better Then The first cuple Of Rounds..

Reply #154425 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

and now they are chucking lobs...

Reply #154426 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

84-67 Kings
9:01 left on the clock, Thanks Case.

Reply #154427 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Copeland, back-to-back threes....

Reply #154428 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

and his next shot is an airball....

Reply #154429 | Report this post

dougys69  
Years ago

Sixers are as soft as i cant believe its not butter

Reply #154430 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Iv had enough of this.. cya guys..

Reply #154431 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

95-75 Kings
5:10 to go.

Reply #154432 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Come back from 18 points down with 6 mins left?... No worries.

Reply #154433 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Down by 20... five to go

Reply #154434 | Report this post

dougys69  
Years ago

NG and Copeland top scorers HEEEEEEEELLLLPPPP

Reply #154435 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

The Sixers are so soft I can't believe they aren't I can't believe it's not butter.

If you know what I mean.

Reply #154436 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Meant to say:L I can't beleive they're not I can't beleive it's not butter.

Reply #154438 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Anyway I've had enough of this and it's Chaser time so I'm off.

Reply #154439 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

anyone want to run a book on the excuses for this game????

Reply #154440 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

100-80 Kings
1:00 to go
Game Over Player One.....

Reply #154441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The meal served on the flight wasn't as good as the last meal we had, I think that made the guys feel down"

Reply #154444 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Gotta go. Summer Heights High is on.......

Reply #154445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"well honestly its not about winning and losing anymore...we're having fun and thats what really matters"

Reply #154446 | Report this post

Sideshow Nob  
Years ago

"we need more time to gel"

Phil has more 'gel' on his scalp.

Hmmmmmm Boti? Boti?

Reply #154449 | Report this post

Sideshow Nob  
Years ago

"we need more time to gel"

Phil has more 'gel' on his scalp.

Hmmmmmm Boti? Boti?

Reply #154450 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

is this the first game that brett maher hasnt been our top scorer? good effort to get it within 5 but then we just ruined it, what happened?

Reply #154453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you start rating any loss as a good effort , well enough said.

Reply #154456 | Report this post

smooth pockets  
Years ago

Sydney played terrible basketball in the third qtr. We got back in the game by playing slightly less terrible. All it really took was just a bit of defensive intensity in the 2nd half to cause thema few headaches. Unfortunately we absolutely stank it up on the offensive end. Sydney gave us an opportunity to win that game and we didn't have the (insert appropriate adjective here) to take it.

As much as Farley copped a lot of criticism last year, at least he had some outright talent to create something out of nothing, the ability to excite the crowd and his team mates. Adelaide has no such player this year. This does not bode well for their season in terms of wins and losses, worse still is that I can't see any reason why any fans would want to come through the turnstiles to see us play.

Reply #154460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide are terrible and have next too no chance of making the 8. Lump them in with the slingers,blaze, hawks. I'm sorry but any team which plays both Matt Sutton and Darren Ng significant minutes is in alot of trouble. No offense to either of them but they are both role players...with what should be very limited roles. May as well fire Ballinger and bring in an import guard as clearly there is no use having a decent big when he doesn;t get the ball anyway. Get rid of chappell who has lost all athleticism and looks mighty slow. Why mottram plays alot less than axel dench is way past me. Gonna be a long year

Reply #154462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll come to see the crowd play bombardment against Phil.... Those of you who watched the simpsons Tuesday night will know what I mean. BOMBARDMENT, BOMBARDMENT, BOMBARDMENT I yell as I throw shit at the coach after every game we lose. Maybe we can scare him into coaching a few wins this year, the issue of job security doesn't seem to be doing it.

Reply #154465 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

This team just has way too many one - dimensional players:

Cooper
Dench
Ng
Sutton
Copes

All these guys would be getting less than 10 mins (and deservedly so) on other teams, yet we are relying on these guys. The Kings 10th man - BJ Carter would be starting for us right now with Davidson out.

How on earth we expect to win when Copes and Ng are our top scorers and Copes takes double the amount of shots Ballinger does is beyond me. The composition of this team is far too similar to last year and unless changes are made, its goodbye to another season for the 6ers.

Reply #154486 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

"As much as Farley copped a lot of criticism last year, at least he had some outright talent to create something out of nothing, the ability to excite the crowd and his team mates. Adelaide has no such player this year. This does not bode well for their season in terms of wins and losses, worse still is that I can't see any reason why any fans would want to come through the turnstiles to see us play."

Completely agree here smooth pockets. Chappell looks completely inferior in comparison. I'm not sure if I can name one thing that Chappell does on the basketball court that is better than Farley. If he's a better defender than he certainly hasn't demonstrated that this season, in fact Farley was very good at playing the passing lanes and getting steals - something that the Sixers need. How many turnovers did we force against the Breakers - was it 4? And we had 4 steals tonight compared to 13 for the Kings. This is a disgraceful team and very disappointing given that we had to sit through this garbage all through last season as well.

Reply #154488 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Same verdict as the rest - were really average for much of the game except that period where the Kings went cold from outside. We kept giving them completely open looks and Sav and Smith weren't hitting. Meanwhile, Ng starts making some things happen to pull it back to five, then he goes off (!?) and it's game over from there.

Right now, Maher is still looking fit and well, but I'm worried that it can't last all season.

Reply #154502 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Ahhhh yes, do not be fooled by the flattering 18 pt. margin. Sydney called off the dogs with 5 mins. to go. This was a 25-30pt. hammering if Goorj chose so. Phil, I'll let you in on a secret....Chappell is not match fit, so even if the game is lost play him, he needs the minutes in his legs. Plus if a guy is hot and doing well please leave him on the floor. Looks like you've been listening to Andrew Jarman too much....this ain't football! Rotations off our bench like a football team will not work.

Reply #154515 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

"A zone worked against them in the previous game and they'd shot poorly so we took a gamble, coming out in a zone. They hit 6-of-8 in the first quarter, then went 7-of-28 the rest of the way."

Yeah Phil master stroke. Coaching rule no.1 - never ever ever start in a zone. Sends the wrong message intensity wise to your players, as I think you just found out.

Reply #154522 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

I'm not convinced Cooper is right for the team. Aside from a couple of blocks and some rebounds, he gets pushed out of the way so often it's frustrating to watch. He doesn't look for shots, shouldn't bring the ball down...needs to build some strength so he isn't 'waved' away.

Reply #154524 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anyone know why Ballinger only played 29 minutes? He had some junk moves (throwing soft shots into Crosswhite's hands for example) but wasn't in foul trouble, did hit 4/7 FG, etc. Why couldn't he get going? Who defended him for much of the night?

Reply #154526 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

How bad were we for people to actually say Farley would have been better? Farley was shite last year - we must have been really bad last night.

Reply #154531 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Isaac , i believe the Kings tactics were to shut out Maher and Ballinger and make the rest of the guys hurt them which they acclompished beautifully .

They starved Ballinger of touches then had aggressive double downs and helpside when he was in the low block .
Brett received hard checks and basic pummeling from J Smith at every oppurtunity and i agree that if he has to play like this he will not last all season .

Again another career high night against us , this time Crosswhite who did perform well , a little credit where it is due .

Worthington was the topscorer in this matchup for the 4th time in a row .

Reply #154537 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agree with you about that tactic. Didn't have the guns besides those two unless Chappell dominated.

I think we were very lucky that they went cold in that third quarter (15 points), or we would've been thrashed by more. A lot of us would look at that third quarter trying to find something positive in the game, but realistically we only had 21 points which isn't much to write home about.

Reply #154538 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I think Worthington summed it up after the game when he said that Adelaide had all of the momentum in the third till the end. When they went into the huddle and saw that they were still down by 9 after having momentum it would have dropped their spirits.

Plus Phil's third quarter talk was terrible, all he basically said was put pressure on the ball (derr!) and be physical to them. Got to say, I am pretty sick of hearing him bitch about physical games, do something about it Phil!

Reply #154540 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

"Brett received hard checks and basic pummeling from J Smith at every oppurtunity"
..exactly and he was none too impressed with it. I felt very sorry for Brett last night. He seemed to be really trying hard...you could see the effort he was putting in. It was a real shame Davidson wasn't around to help out. Brett's a true 'captain' trying to lift his team, but it's a shame that last night, the 'team' looked flat except for a few spurts from Chappell, Ng, Copes, etc. It's not fair that 36ers rely too much on Maher.

Reply #154543 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Oh yeah he was upset with the attention but also frustrated by the way the team is playing more so.

I don't think Brett , deep down , believes that this group can get it done which is not to say he will let that be known or give anything but 100% .

There is a definite lack of trust and faith in each other at the moment and when your two smallest players are the only ones attacking the game they would have to be a tad peeved .

I will say it again but Ng looked great when he took the game on and i believe we need him to score 15-18 ppg when Davidson is out . It is definitely in his realm and if Copes has the license to jack up shit then Ng should also .

Dench was terrible last night and is a one trick pony .

Mottram is just not a natural ball player and lacks the controlled aggression to be effective.

Cooper is lacking confidence and has no offence so he should not be shooting 18 footers .

Sutton is a 10th man being asked to much .However he has looked alright when attacking the game .

Copeland will shoot you in and out of games and his legs are shot , he needs to apply some decent shot selection .

Chappell is not a good fit with Ballinger .

Phil is a lazy coach who will never win another championship unless we blow the bank .

Reply #154565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:50 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754