Me
Years ago

Tonight's Crowd 2473

Seriously, how long can this league be called a professional league when they can't get over 2500 in Australia's biggest city?

I love Basketball but you have to admit, it's not looking good.

Topic #13233 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah unbelievably empty tonight.

Wednesday I know... but SOOOO many vacant seats.

Like what Casey said on the broadcast... lost something like 4 games at home in last 3 years... and still cant get bums on seats.

Reply #154479 | Report this post

david K  
Years ago

It was on Fox as well. I got home from work and thought I would watch it on TV. I got dragged out to the game and still enjoyed the game and the crowd atmosphere. It was the emptiest i have seen, but it was a cold and miserable day in Sydney and it was televised. If they want to get people to games on weeknights, they are going to have to sell and market the idea, and maybe give incentives.
Kings too strong, Worthington brilliant again, Kings a very well balanced team. 36's had good patches of brilliance, Sutton, NG, Maher in the third quarter, Dench, Chappell, Cooper just aren't looking too good. Copeland was top scorer. Sutton looks really good, there is nothing wrong with Adelaide's guard combo's. Smyth was a point guard, go figure..
Sydney's new import looked really impressive with not many minutes on court.

Reply #154495 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Who would pay to go and see the 36ers at the moment?????
I feel for the season ticket holders. They have forked out their 'hard earned' to go and watch a sub standard team.
If the 36ers aren't going to hold up their part of the bargain, the season ticket holders should demand a refund.........

Reply #154501 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

"Who would pay to go and see the 36ers at the moment?????"

Me and my family, but we have been doing that since 1985 and will continue to give our unqualified support to the team as long as it remains in the league.

Reply #154553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

unqualified means that if the team were all convicted rapists and owned by a white-supremacist you would still support them. sure that's what you mean? ;o)

Reply #154576 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

these days you dont go pay to watch the 6ers you go to watch the other team play. its kinda like the harlem globe trotters, were the team that everone always beats

Reply #154602 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Dissappointing is all i can say..one of the leagues best teams can only attract that sort of crowd and they are in the biggest city in aussie. It is interesting that the Melbourne Tigers venue, The State Netball and Hockey Center can only hold 3,500 people yet it is always full, meaning they get 3,000 easily. My question is which team attracts the biggest crowds? I know the Singapore Indoor Stadium can seat 12,000 people which is 4 x as many as the tigers home venue!, but do they get anywhere near 12,000 to the game???

Reply #154615 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last I heard, the best crowd this season so far was at the Dome - 4,900 or so at the 36ers-Dragons game.

Singapore don't get big crowds - 1-3,000 maybe.

Perth are usually around 4-4,500.

Reply #154625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

on cornsey and kg a guy turned down 4 tickets to the sixers next game-says it all. by the time mal opens his eyes his franchise will be worth considerably less than he paid for it and that was nothing.

Reply #154626 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Hey Bake, why don't you just give me your money, I'll kick you in the nuts and save you the petrol money.

Reply #154634 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

nice one hoople, but i have to agree with bake. me and the boys have been going for many years, make a night of it and get on the piss,i will never give up my season ticket.

Reply #154641 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Hey Mott. At least I've got nuts (even though they've been disconnected)

Reply #154683 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Sorry Bake, it was a line from I think National Lampoons Vegas Vacation.

Reply #154685 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

No problems.

Reply #154699 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Townsville and Cairns crowd are normally pretty good, about 4,500. Basketball is pretty popular in northern Queensland, they get better media attention and the game of basketball is simply more popular up there. Adelaide probably has the best crowds, but they've dropped off a bit since the Sixers started losing every week. Very rarely does the crowd drop below 4000 and when we are winning it can get up to 6000. I just don't understand why nobody is interested in the Kings. They hardly ever lose but interest in the Kings is dropping faster than John Howard's popularity. Not good news. Perhaps everyone avoids games in case they run into BALLA!

Reply #154730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure the Sixers crowd of 4959 is the biggest for any game this season.

Must be a worrying sign for the NBL as a whole.

Reply #154744 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754