Kriss
Years ago

What will the sixers look like in 3 years?

Im loving this year the guys are playing as a team but what planning is there for the future?

Will we just buy players after we lose players>

In 3 years...

Farley (32 years old)
Rees (400 years old)
Brett (35 years old)

Oscar and Jacob are getting a lot better but i would love the sixers to be playing Ng and the rest of the young guns a little more.

Maybe Im stressing over nothing but it's food for thought.

Topic #1325 | Report this topic

The Fro  
Years ago

Yeah true but i think theyll just buy players to replace them with and oscar and holmes will take the mantle

Reply #15171 | Report this post

Eddie #55  
Years ago

Maybe we should sign Gaze. He's a young gun isnt he?.............

Reply #15174 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

reesy will be player/coach i think.(who else is gonna take on bradke?)

Reply #15178 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hopefully in 3 years we will have a starting guard duo of some top rate import (like we always seem to have) and Brad Newley.

The front court made up of Oscar, a naturalised Dusty, and a top notch import centre.

Maher coming off the bench along with Brad Gerlach (who has a stellar breakout season), and a few more faces who are floating around ABL traps at the moment.

And please welcome head coach Rupert Sapwell, with his assistants Paul Rees nad Mark Davis :)

Reply #15180 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sapwell and Ninnis as coaches.

And I don't know about Maher coming off the bench!

Reply #15183 | Report this post

Crocdile Rock  
Years ago

I eprsonally think David Ingham will be a great coach for the 36ers.

A former sixer who has had success as coach of the Bullets and now assistant to Fisher at Perth.

As for the playing roster, I think the 36ers should build their team around Jacob and Oscar and have a real red hot go in luring Newley back home.

The two imports will take care of themself, maybe Nick Horvath a real shot at starting centre?

Adelaide will always look for and American guard, someone who will razzle dazzle and take the game over.

There is so much talent around in SA and with the Acadamy being three years old then, some quality will hopefully come from that.

Don't worry Adelaide fans, the 36ers will be ok, just as long as they dont go bankrupt.

Reply #15199 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Team sold to Sydney, bought by Heal and Goorjian Enterprises.

Reply #15204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holmes, williams and Forman are all guns i think they should play these guys more... in 3 years the 36ers will be great..
Brett Maher is a gun! Probably one of the best going around for the 36ers at the moment... anyone agree??

Reply #15275 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I was thinking Maher off the bench, a la Grace...still a brilliant player, but not needed to come on as a starter (rememebr in 3 years he will be getting into the twighlight of his career)

Reply #15276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree but he is a great player and if he stil has his great skills in 3 years then he deserves to be in the starting 5!!! but it all depends.. the 6ers might get some new fantastic recurts and yeah!!! It all depends alot of things can happen in 3 years!

Reply #15280 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I thought Brett Maher was going to Entertain some Euro offers?

If he does good luck to him hes put in 12-13 years with this club and deserves to make some serious coin in the twilight of his career

Reply #15293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hopefully catalini comes back one of the best the 6ers have ever had

Reply #15342 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:46 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754