me
Years ago

Rank the current NBL coaches

I would be interested to see everyones opinion on the who are the best coaches in the NBL currently (dont want to know who was the best in 1982...or who will be in 2012).

Not just a bag anyone post, and in reference to another post is it only about results or can you have a show and results?

Topic #13250 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Our Phil would have to be at the top........

He is the one everybody wants to play for.....

Reply #154711 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Because you get paid and performance doesnt matter.

Reply #154718 | Report this post

Pedro  
Years ago

Al Westover
Joey Wright
Goorjian
Black

Reply #154725 | Report this post

**BALLA**  
Years ago

Brian of course...

Reply #154746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Al Westover
Brian Goorjian

Reply #154785 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

f@#ckn joyce

Reply #154789 | Report this post

Pulteney 88  
Years ago

IMO, the order or coaches I would want to coach my team. Takes into account past success and also current season form. Joyce gets the wooden spoon for his blinded favouritism because you know where ever he coaches, SOJ will be playing minutes!!

However, first coach to go from this group wil probably be Smyth, perhaps Lemanis if the Breakers can't get some wins on the orad, same with McLeod.

Brian
Westover
Wright
Black
Beveridge
Fisher
Smyth
Lemanis
McLeod
Heal
Gleeson
Cooke
Joyce

Reply #154798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I tend to see this diffrently as the quality of your team makes a bad coach look good.
The place the team reaches is not the main thing I look at, being able to motivate lesser players to big things, lifting a group of individuals into a team,being smart with rotations etc tec are far more important. So my pick is

Beveridge
Westover
McLeod
Brian
Black
Cooke
Wright
Fisher
Smyth
Lemanis
Gleeson
Heal
Joyce

Reply #154807 | Report this post

Agree McLeod should be in the top 2-3 .

Maybe a long term prospect for Adelaide if the club is genuine about rebuilding and developing younger players.

Reply #154817 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:52 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754